Notices
Sales Feedback This forum is to list your experiences with our vendors or other users. Positive or Negative. Please READ the rules.

Whosthat - Claim Filed, do not buy from..

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2011, 06:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Whosthat - Claim Filed, do not buy from..

I purchased a set of cams from user "Whosthat" last week. He said they were Skunk2 Pro 1 Cams with 3-4K miles on them, with normal wear. He sent a few pics, from a distance, they looked okay, and I paid.

His thread can be found here:

http://hondamarketplace.com/showthread.php?t=2987132

As of this morning he has now deleted it out, presumably to try to scam me.

I received the cams in and upon inspection, found out they were horribly putted and Pro 2 Cams. I texted him telling him they were wrong, he apologized and told me to trade them since they were worth more. I told him there were no trades in this area and that these wouldn't work for me. That was last night, and he never replied. I texted him this morning asking for a refund so I could mail the cams back to him. He never replied, I know he received it thanks to iMessage showing it as delivered. This evening after no reply all day to my text, I filed a paypal claim based on what I said. An hour or two later, paypal alerts me that my "dispute" is being escalated by the seller, to a claim, meaning paypal has to get involved. I would have liked to end this amicably, and still am willing to do that, whosthat feel free to pm me and if you give a refund I'd be glad to end this easily. I am now waiting for paypal to intervene. His paypal user is SDC Performance, I don't know if he's an actual store/shop in cali either. Below is the images of the cams, my texts to him, and his original thread. SORRY whosthat, I screenshotted it right after you stopped replying to my texts.

Original Thread:

The Cams (Note the completely pitted primaries):

And the text messages:

Old 10-27-2011, 06:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Whosthat - Claim Filed, do not buy from..

Honestly, judgning by the pics, they don't look THAT bad. I'd be pissed, but as long as they'll work, I'd just bite it... Plus, Pro2's will be fine, even though higher compression is recommended, they still put out about 5whp more than Pro1's on a stock GSR... That being said, this is still no excuse for a misleading seller.
Old 10-27-2011, 06:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

They're real worn on the primaries, to the point they're pitted. I would not feel comfortable installing them in my engine. I hope this gets resolved easily, I didn't want to take it this way, but after he stopped replying, I felt like I had to. It appears he owns SDC Performance, I don't want his shop to get hurt in the process. Hopefully he sees this and chimes in...
Old 10-27-2011, 10:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Kinda pathetic that he didn't notice the "P2".... lol Especially if he owns a shop. Why advertise something you're unsure of as one thing?
Old 10-27-2011, 11:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I'm sure he just didn't realize they were Pro 2 when he listed them, he just didn't pay attention. However I have to imagine he noticed how bad the primaries were. The whole deleting the thread etc makes it sketchy. No update from him, no update from paypal. I suppose we play the waiting game now. I have all the evidence..why drag this out instead of refunding me my money and ending this amicably with your rep intact?
Old 10-31-2011, 08:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Quick Update, got an email from Paypal over the weekend stating the seller had replied to the claim and they are now reviewing all the info. They haven't given me any method to uplaod screenshots etc, so I don't know what he says. I should win it no problem, but if not, I'll get the bank/police invovled because I'm so sick of scammers runing these kind of places. Especially for a dude who owns a business.
Old 10-31-2011, 02:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

ive been scammed by others before and Paypal did nothing to help me. what they told me was the following:

"since the item was bought outside of ebay, we have no way of enforcing the buyer protection"

this was when i bought a set of Glass headlights for my EF8 front end. and all email and dealing was done through ebay emails via ebay UK site. i only sent the payment through paypal to pay for 2 auctions at once. so then i was out almost $400.

all because i paid for both auction outside of the ebay link. i hope the best for you.
Old 11-01-2011, 07:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by crx_si-r
ive been scammed by others before and Paypal did nothing to help me. what they told me was the following:

"since the item was bought outside of ebay, we have no way of enforcing the buyer protection"

this was when i bought a set of Glass headlights for my EF8 front end. and all email and dealing was done through ebay emails via ebay UK site. i only sent the payment through paypal to pay for 2 auctions at once. so then i was out almost $400.

all because i paid for both auction outside of the ebay link. i hope the best for you.
I hope Paypal helps out. These cams are too trashed to run in my engine. Based on his email/phone number he owns SDC Perfromance. I checked and he uses one of my suppliers/distributors, so it just won't be good. How do you run a business and scam people like that? Open offer remains dude, refund me the money, I'll send these cams back to you, we can end this on a good note.
Old 11-05-2011, 10:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Paypal is dragging there feet so I got the credit card company involved.
Old 11-07-2011, 10:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Still waiting paypal to finish the claim. Absolutely no communication from the seller. I think tomorrow I will just have my bank chargeback it because Paypal is moving exceptionally slow. Since seller deleted his thread and won't comment, I'd be very wary of him. $360 is a substantial amount.
Old 11-14-2011, 10:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Seller is trying to act like I'm trying to screw him and that I am flat out lying. Dear mods, please don't allow this guy to screw anyone else over.
Old 11-15-2011, 12:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Finally got to upload all the pictures from this thread to paypal. His response is a bunch of BS saying I may have traded them and am scamming him..Texts clearly show he knows. Also, I didn't message huim until a week after I got them, so I took too long. Some of us actually work for a living, instead of scamming others. Paypal said they will use the full 30 days, so I'll know in like 2 weeks what they decide.

Whosthat - you are a business owner, man up, before you lose more than just some rep. Joe @PMD certainly won't like this.
Old 11-21-2011, 10:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Quick weekend update. Paypal emailed me saturday saying they decided in my favor, just to send him back the cams, I will be shipping them back to him tomorrow morning and then I will get my refund. I would HIGHLY recommend avoding him.
Old 12-07-2011, 09:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Got my money back from paypal, I'd avoid this guy if he tries to sell anything.