Notices
Sales Feedback This forum is to list your experiences with our vendors or other users. Positive or Negative. Please READ the rules.

STL01Civic is a Scammer

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2012, 04:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default STL01Civic is a Scammer

Here is the for sale ad for the wheels I sent money to STL01Civic,

http://hondamarketplace.com/showthre...7#post47161127

Kevin or Ka Chio told me he would ship the wheels on April 5th and send me the tracking information. I contacted him on Thursday asking for the info and he texted me saying that he couldn't fit the wheels in his trunk to unmount the tires. He said he was going to try and unmount them after work and ship them on Friday.

On Friday I contacted him again (Called, emailed, and texted) only to be ignored. I requested a simple refund of my money that went unresponded.

Do not trust this user, he should be banned.
Old 04-09-2012, 06:43 AM
MiG-21 superfan

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: STL01Civic is a Scammer

Originally Posted by heeltoego
Here is the for sale ad for the wheels I sent money to STL01Civic,

http://hondamarketplace.com/showthre...7#post47161127

Kevin or Ka Chio told me he would ship the wheels on April 5th and send me the tracking information. I contacted him on Thursday asking for the info and he texted me saying that he couldn't fit the wheels in his trunk to unmount the tires. He said he was going to try and unmount them after work and ship them on Friday.

On Friday I contacted him again (Called, emailed, and texted) only to be ignored. I requested a simple refund of my money that went unresponded.

Do not trust this user, he should be banned.
in all fairness, that is a rather quick timeline...two days? and Friday was a holiday and/or travel day for some people because of Passover or Easter.

that's very high pressure, imo. he might have been annoyed because he had full intention of doing it and you were giving him little time to do it.

let's see what he has to say. are you looking for your money back or the wheels?
Old 04-09-2012, 07:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by builthatch
in all fairness, that is a rather quick timeline...two days? and Friday was a holiday and/or travel day for some people because of Passover or Easter.

that's very high pressure, imo. he might have been annoyed because he had full intention of doing it and you were giving him little time to do it.

let's see what he has to say. are you looking for your money back or the wheels?
I explained I needed them by this thursday for a race. He promised to ship them on 5th and that they would arrive before this weekend (told me 3 day transit time). I gifted him the money via Paypal per his request do he didn't get dinged a % (STUPID ON MY PART). I should have payed the extra percent so this didn't happen. I told him that because he did not hold up his part of the bargin to ship them when he promised to just Refund my money. The last contact I had from him was saying he wasn't able to get them out on Thursday and was going to try for friday. When I contacted him on friday looking for tracking info I got no response. That is when I requested a refund, still no response...

This was his PM to me:
Originally Posted by STL01Civic

They need to be sent to 18901. Paypal works for me. They need to be here by early next week. Let me know if this works.

Thanks, Russ
Hi. I can have it out this Thursday. It's about 3 day transit time. So you should get it early next week. Shipping quote is around $90-95 w/o tires. If you can throw in extra $10 for dismounting the tires that would be great. I would like a least $100 in pocket for the set.
So $210 shipped Paypal

You can call me at 314-680-1267 Kevin
Old 04-09-2012, 07:36 AM
MiG-21 superfan

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I explained I needed them by this thursday for a race. He promised to ship them on 5th and that they would arrive before this weekend (told me 3 day transit time). I gifted him the money via Paypal per his request do he didn't get dinged a % (STUPID ON MY PART). I should have payed the extra percent so this didn't happen. I told him that because he did not hold up his part of the bargin to ship them when he promised to just Refund my money. The last contact I had from him was saying he wasn't able to get them out on Thursday and was going to try for friday. When I contacted him on friday looking for tracking info I got no response. That is when I requested a refund, still no response...

This was his PM to me:
i see. yeah, that is something he should not have agreed to if he couldn't fulfill his part of the deal.
Old 04-09-2012, 06:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I still don't get why people send money as a gift to people you don't know

It wouldn't even have been a lot

Good luck op hope it gets worked out expensive lesson
Old 04-10-2012, 04:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by KINGVEM^^ED6
I still don't get why people send money as a gift to people you don't know

It wouldn't even have been a lot

Good luck op hope it gets worked out expensive lesson
exactly. i will only send money via gift to people i know
Old 04-10-2012, 06:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Yea, I wish I thought to just pay the % for a little insurance on the deal. Really my only regret.

Still no response from "Kevin" Ka W Chio. Giving him one more day before sending Small Claim Case to the St. Louis County Court tomorrow...
Old 04-10-2012, 08:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Nice keep us posted
Old 04-17-2012, 03:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Ka Chio signed onto this site 2 days ago. Has still yet to contact me at all regarding this deal gone bad....
Old 04-22-2012, 09:32 PM
06h
Honda-Tech Member

contact your credit card company asap if applicable. good luck with this matter.
Old 04-26-2012, 08:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Yeah, that sucks. I always get people to send it to me as a gift so no fees. But I also have a good rep on this site and dont scam people lol. I got hit for 1200 bucks in a scam through paypal.

I would just skip the middle man bull **** and like dude man above me said go straight to your credit card company or bank.

Last edited by luvmihatch; 07-18-2012 at 01:42 PM.
Old 07-18-2012, 07:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Still no contact from seller, Kevin Ka Chio.
Old 09-04-2012, 04:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Still no response... Legal action has been taken.