Notices
Sales Feedback This forum is to list your experiences with our vendors or other users. Positive or Negative. Please READ the rules.

CHASER AERODYNAMICS... Here comes another bad review!!

Old 08-20-2012, 07:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CHASER AERODYNAMICS... Here comes another bad review!!

I know this company has been reviewed a couple times in the past but I figured I would share my own present day experience with everyone. The current date is August 20, 2012 so lets start from the beginning...

For a while I had been on the hunt for a carbon fiber trunk for my prelude, but didn't want to pay $600+ so I decided to go cheap. On November 4, 2011 I came across a vendor thread from Chaser Aerodynamics where they advertised carbon fiber parts on sale. So I call them and speak to Steve, who acts very friendly with me and answers every question I have, and tells me they have 1 carbon fiber trunk left for a prelude. That being said I immediately hop on it and paypal him $318 for it after taxes. I ordered this the Friday of Imports vs. Domestics, which I planned on attending, so I figured while I am up there I can swing by their shop and pick it up. Steve agreed to leave my trunk in one of their trucks behind the shop since I won't be arriving until late Friday night. Well on the way up to Maryland I find out their shop is another 3 1/2 hours away from MIR so we just go on with our weekend and I decide to have it shipped to me instead. Monday when I get back home I call the shop and explain how it was too far of a ride and it was getting late so I never came and got it. He said that's perfectly fine we can ship it to you for an extra $65. So now total I have $383 in this trunk. It was shipped out that Tuesday and I received it by Friday very excited to open it and get it on the car. I open the box on one end and begin to pull it out and it looks perfect. So I keep working it out of the box until the end comes out... that's when I get disappointed.

It looked like at their shop someone had ran it into the corner of a wall or something. I got on the phone with Steve right away and explained the situation to him. He said it's not a problem he'll call FedEx and have them come pick it up and return it. I'm pretty positive that damage wasn't done during shipping because there was no damage to the box. I had multiple calls from FedEx the next couple of weeks asking me questions about the trunk and packaging. Anyways according to Steve that was their last trunk and it will be about 6 weeks until they get their next shipment in so he said he'll call me then. 6 weeks go by and I don't hear from him so I give him a call. Turns out it isn't in yet and it'll be another 3 weeks. At this point it is almost February so I call him back again. Same story... "Yeah man we still haven't gotten our shipment in, try in a couple months." So very heated at this point I give him the benefit of the doubt one more time and let February and March pass by and call the beginning of April. As I expected I hear the same story again... Just a few more weeks and we will definitely have it here. Then June rolls around, my car has been parked in the garage and is almost finished with my build, and I don't have a trunk anymore because I sold my vinyl wrapped one hoping to get the carbon fiber one soon. ECHM is now 3 weeks away and I am still waiting for a trunk. I finally decide enough is enough and call them back. At this point Steve has been "out" every time I had called the past couple months so I've been talking to this new character now. I ask for a refund because I am very heated and he tells me the accountant is out and it won't be possible for at least another 3 or 4 weeks. I've had enough of hearing their bullshit so I file a claim with my credit card company and paypal which are still active as of today. I had my mother call them a few times because she can be a lot more assertive in getting something than I can. The jackass at the front desk basically told her to call her lawyer and hung up.

I have never talked down about a company like this but I think in this case it is very necessary. I honestly don't see how you guys are still making money and in business after seeing your reviews with the BBB. I am posting this on every forum I am a member on and I will make try my best to not let you guys take anyone else for granted like you have me. I have had the worst and most unprofessional experience and will never EVER recommend this company to anyone.
Old 09-04-2012, 09:08 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Re: CHASER AERODYNAMICS... Here comes another bad review!!

Originally Posted by EKfiend
I know this company has been reviewed a couple times in the past but I figured I would share my own present day experience with everyone. The current date is August 20, 2012 so lets start from the beginning...

For a while I had been on the hunt for a carbon fiber trunk for my prelude, but didn't want to pay $600+ so I decided to go cheap. On November 4, 2011 I came across a vendor thread from Chaser Aerodynamics where they advertised carbon fiber parts on sale. So I call them and speak to Steve, who acts very friendly with me and answers every question I have, and tells me they have 1 carbon fiber trunk left for a prelude. That being said I immediately hop on it and paypal him $318 for it after taxes. I ordered this the Friday of Imports vs. Domestics, which I planned on attending, so I figured while I am up there I can swing by their shop and pick it up. Steve agreed to leave my trunk in one of their trucks behind the shop since I won't be arriving until late Friday night. Well on the way up to Maryland I find out their shop is another 3 1/2 hours away from MIR so we just go on with our weekend and I decide to have it shipped to me instead. Monday when I get back home I call the shop and explain how it was too far of a ride and it was getting late so I never came and got it. He said that's perfectly fine we can ship it to you for an extra $65. So now total I have $383 in this trunk. It was shipped out that Tuesday and I received it by Friday very excited to open it and get it on the car. I open the box on one end and begin to pull it out and it looks perfect. So I keep working it out of the box until the end comes out... that's when I get disappointed.

It looked like at their shop someone had ran it into the corner of a wall or something. I got on the phone with Steve right away and explained the situation to him. He said it's not a problem he'll call FedEx and have them come pick it up and return it. I'm pretty positive that damage wasn't done during shipping because there was no damage to the box. I had multiple calls from FedEx the next couple of weeks asking me questions about the trunk and packaging. Anyways according to Steve that was their last trunk and it will be about 6 weeks until they get their next shipment in so he said he'll call me then. 6 weeks go by and I don't hear from him so I give him a call. Turns out it isn't in yet and it'll be another 3 weeks. At this point it is almost February so I call him back again. Same story... "Yeah man we still haven't gotten our shipment in, try in a couple months." So very heated at this point I give him the benefit of the doubt one more time and let February and March pass by and call the beginning of April. As I expected I hear the same story again... Just a few more weeks and we will definitely have it here. Then June rolls around, my car has been parked in the garage and is almost finished with my build, and I don't have a trunk anymore because I sold my vinyl wrapped one hoping to get the carbon fiber one soon. ECHM is now 3 weeks away and I am still waiting for a trunk. I finally decide enough is enough and call them back. At this point Steve has been "out" every time I had called the past couple months so I've been talking to this new character now. I ask for a refund because I am very heated and he tells me the accountant is out and it won't be possible for at least another 3 or 4 weeks. I've had enough of hearing their bullshit so I file a claim with my credit card company and paypal which are still active as of today. I had my mother call them a few times because she can be a lot more assertive in getting something than I can. The jackass at the front desk basically told her to call her lawyer and hung up.

I have never talked down about a company like this but I think in this case it is very necessary. I honestly don't see how you guys are still making money and in business after seeing your reviews with the BBB. I am posting this on every forum I am a member on and I will make try my best to not let you guys take anyone else for granted like you have me. I have had the worst and most unprofessional experience and will never EVER recommend this company to anyone.
Lmao you had your mom call them?

I bet they filed a claim and it didn't get approved with fedex, and they made you pay for it.

Search this Thread