Notices
Sales Feedback This forum is to list your experiences with our vendors or other users. Positive or Negative. Please READ the rules.

ChaseBays (poor fitment, poor service, lots of lies)

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2013, 06:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ChaseBays (poor fitment, poor service, lots of lies)

After trying to work with them and getting issues fixed, just to get hung up on and told lots of lies, it is time for the flame post.

4/18/13
Order placed and paid in full (6-8 week lead time was told)
-Mistake one is going with ChaseBays
-Mistake two paying in full

CB-BD-CM3 Chase Bays CM3 Engine Harness - Honda/Acura B / D / H Series
CB-SAH4 CHASSIS: Custom/Race/Other Chassis Sub-Harness
CB-H-1E ECU/ECM: OBD1
CB-C12-23/4 INJECTORS: RC | Bosch | Precision
CB-C14-01 ALTERNATOR: OBD0/OBD1
CB-C13-07/BDH1 IGNITION TYPE: RSX/S2K Coil Packs w/ Stand AloneECU
MISC - Add Boost Solenoid
Shipping
- AEM 5 Bar MAP Sensor
- Mustang TPS Sensor
- Fan located by RV Plug
- AEM EPM
- AEM Series 1 1040 EMS

5/24/13
Get email as fallows
"Hey Brian,

At this time we are currently out of stock on a specific connector that we need in order to finish your harness. This connector is used several times on the B/D/H/F series engines, this connector works for your ECT, IAT, IACV, FAN and Knock. We have had a large order placed for these, but these come directly from the manufacturer in Japan and have a very long lead time. These generally take anywhere from 5-8 weeks to receive in some cases. We are on the look out daily for these in a small quantity, but there does not appear to be any availability on this within the country. If you have a core that you are able to send in, we can use the connectors from it in order to get your harness to you faster. The shipping costs will be on us, we will send you a UPS label. If you are able to do this, we are willing to keep your core here until the new connectors arrive and from there we can send your core back (for a spare or for you to sell) either with the new connectors on it or we can even swap them over to your new harness if you'd like.

If you are able to do this, we will also give you a free ground kit with your new harness. We greatly apologize for the inconvenience, please know that we are diligently searching for this connector every day. Either way if you are able to do this or not, please let us know.

Have a great day!

Thanks!"

--"The shipping costs will be on us, we will send you a UPS label. "
Never happen out another $5.17, they must of forgot about what they wrote

6/11/13 (Week 7)
Sent out email wondering of the status of the harness

6/12/13
Recieved email from ChaseBays saying:
"Brian,

I should have tracking information on your harness with in the next few business days. We just moved to a new warehouse and getting everything straightened out has set us back a few days.

Thanks!"

6/18/13
Sent email saying it has been a few business days

6/20/13
"Brain,

Your harness is in QC once it has been checked out and is ready to ship I will get tracking information over to you via email.

Thanks!"

6/27/13
Sent email asking how long QC takes

7/1/13
"Brian,

Sorry about the late reply your last message went to my spam folder. I should have the tracking number on your harness by the end of the week. As soon as I have it I will get it over to you via email. Once the harness is ready to ship I will expedite the shipping at no additional charge to you.

Thanks!"

7/8/13
Sent out email about asking why they been lieing for the last 4 weeks

7/9/13
"Brain,

I should have tracking information on your harness this week. As soon as I have it I will get it over to you via email.

Thanks!"

7/12/13
I gave up on email and started calling. Person I get on the phone is Will
-He says that it will be sent out the next day.

7/16/13
I call again and get the same BS story, QC issue with the ECU pins or some BS.
-He says again that it will be sent out the next day, also got a tracking number

7/19/13
Called again since the track number was never picked up
-it will be shipped out next day

7/22/13
Called again since tracking number still being worthless
Gave up on Will and get forward to Matt Stewart (Operations Manager)
Matt sends me email:
"Brian,

As stated on our previous telephone conversation, your harness will be shipping tomorrow with the same tracking information that you were given previously. We apologize for the extended wait time, and have a good evening.

I will personally notify you once the package has been picked up from our location by FedEx.

Thanks!
-
Matt Stewart | Operations Manager"

7/23/13 (13 weeks now)
Harness finally sent out after 6 weeks of being told the same thing
-Matt also sent an email out letting me know it has shipped (so far Matt has not lied)

7/24/13
The harness arrived, was traveling and not home so was told from the lady that the harness looks good

7/25/13
Get home from work start looking at harness and first thing I see is that one of the connector sent was not placed on the harness
-Fan near RV, They place the FanSwitch at that location and not the fan
Also have no idea what color are what flying lead
Emailed Matt issues

Matt relied:
"Brian,

I sent those colors over this morning, I'm assuming you didn't receive that message. Regardless, I have attached the same image again to this message. Let me know if you receive it.

That green connector is the same as the other two pin connectors that you sent in, like for the ECT, IAT, etc. This is the same plug that is on your factory radiator fan switch, these are the same thing minus the color. Have you attempted to connect this plug or are you just assuming this because of the color?

Thanks!"

7/26/13
My relay to Matt:
"Matt,

It is the fan not the fan switch. The first package I sent was the Epm, Tb, and fan plug(not the fan switch). The invoice says fan not fan switch.
The second package was all those fan switch plugs since I received an email that your supplier was out of them.

So I guess what you are saying is that, that connection is worthless to me right now since it is to power the fan. Does this also mean that the factory location was removed from the harness.

BrianMAfflerbach"

7/27/13
So no relay so I called,
Will says Matt is out of the office so I talk to Will
Me side:
Harness is f-ed up and needs to be fixed

Will's/ChaseBays' Side
Harness can not be fixed, you did not pay extra for anything
The fan can not be placed in the engine harness (which is odd since there are atleast 6 extra pins)
Try putting harness on car are fitment is the best and you will not have any issues
Hangs up phone

7/27/13
Placed harness on the car and wrote email right away after I saw shitty fit
My email:
"Well today I install on the car ,nice shitty format, guess I it is just time to write a flaming post on ht and every other site I frequent. Since after talking to Will yesterday and getting hung up on ,it is show that CB is about selling over price crap that take way too long to get, and in the end it is no as described. It is not my fault that CB some how believes that fan and fan switch are the same thing.

Another maybe Will does not understand is that yes I have a race car but it is not a drag car or even a show car.

Also we're is my $5.27 for shipping and connects I sent that were to be used till new connects came in.

I guess this is just another example of a shitty import company.

At this point you will have not have read this far, but if you have give me a call at 610462xxxx"

Somehow two plugs are total different lenght

EMP has to rap over itself to look ok at best, also can see how the coils wires are not the right length as well

top view

the back of the engine looks like hell as well but I figure you are not suppose to be looking back there
Old 07-30-2013, 05:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ChaseBays (poor fitment, poor service, lots of lies)

Some updates I guess. Still no progresss

7/29/13
Relay from CB
Brian,

Please do explain what you view as a "shitty format". You realize that writing any type of post doesn't help you at all, nor does it help me. A simple message explaining your concerns is generally a good start, let's keep this professional. I'm not cursing at you, so I definitely do not see a need for you to curse at me either especially when I'm here to help.

I was sitting next to Will toward the very end of your conversation, and I can personally guarantee that he did not hang up on you. I can also vouch that he tried to call you back immediately and did not receive an answer. Were you on a cell phone? Calls do get disconnected from time to time.

Selling over priced crap? Seriously? These are custom hand built orders, and while yes you definitely waited a lot longer than you should which I apologize for, we don't sell products that are not as the description states. I understand that you may be frustrated with the situation, but that does not mean you have to insult our products. I see now that you wanted your fan connection incorporated into the harness, versus the fan switch being extended. But that is not something that we put into our harnesses, because the fan connections are not on the factory engine harness, these are on the chassis harness therefore this is not an option. I know that Will offered to send you the wire, Raychem, etc so that you could run this out to your fan yourself which I personally see as a good solution so it would not be visible in your engine bay.

Do you have PayPal? If so, I'll gladly send your $5.27 to you. Or if you prefer a check, I can do that as well.

I've read your entire message, did you think I would read half of it and give up? I'm currently not available for a call, but you're more than welcome to e-mail me anytime.

Thanks!

Same day, I replied

Matt,

The harness has the Epm wire going over the Epm? As said by Will, CB would not do the fan because there is no way of it looking clean, so have the Epm wire being forced to go over the Epm is clean? The only other way to kind of hide it is to make a loop I guess works, but it looks even worse, and loops pick up lots of noise just what you don't want to have on a Hall effects señor.

The two sensors on the pass side are two inches apart but one is 4 inches too long. The engine is the original 95 Gsr engine, so no clue why they are not right, another loop made.

COP setup with two two setup make two of the wire too long and not able to sit correctly, wrong setup jig? Also why have to 10 pin connector so close to the head that is forces the Epm wire to be in a horrible location.

The fan switch is a big loop now since it is the wrong length but we know why that is so I guess that is ok.

Back of the engine is a line of wires not really that well kept but I think with some wire tie I should be able to keep it off of the oil line.

What are your thoughts?

Can't do fan because it is not in the engine harness? There are more than two free pins on both connector and since it is a flying lead there is no need for a factory chassis harness. Is the real reason just well it is out of the factory and well not are problem anymore?

The reason I wanted the fan in the harness is because I have no factory front harness and to take the engine out I have to remove the rad core, rad, complete front end. So it makes sense not to run a solo wire up the fan rail, and up the frame rail is just asking for an issue if there is heavy side front contact. Which is where most the the damage happen in the racing I belong too.

Yes work cell phone, when at work and we have repeaters throughout the building so we do not have dropped or missed calls.

The reason I dislike the way this is going is because Will makes it seem like it is my fault for not that what I thought something ment is not it means at CB. So in other words what I thought I bought is not what I got. I feel like I ask for a top self drink and I get bankers club(the local dirt cheap bad tasting.)

I believe the harness will work and looks great in the box it was shipped in but on the car it is a little better that my POS harness I make with a soldering iron, cutters, and electrical tape.

My Paypal is XXXXXXXXX@XXXX.com

Thanks and I look forward to your response.

CB replied
"Brian,

How about sending me some photos of your fitment issues? I'd be more than happy to address them for you, because we take care of our customers.

And from where you asked just because it was gone from here, and not our problem any more, that could not be any farther from the truth. If it were not our problem anymore, would I be responding to your messages in an attempt to resolve this? The reason we do not put the fan in the harness is because it is a chassis harness function from the factory. And another reason is that it does not look very good having a piece of the harness that extends past the engine and over near the radiator support.

I imagine if we would have communicated a little better, that this could have been easily avoided and a reasonable solution could have been met. I definitely see why you wanted the fan incorporated into the harness, but how were we to know that you did not have the front part of your chassis harness still in your car? Because even in your previous original e-mails you mentioned wanting a sub-harness to run the factory gauges and/or a CB-SAH4, but you wanted it to work with the key. If a customer is looking for a sub-harness to plug into their chassis, we automatically assume they still have their chassis wiring unless we are told otherwise.

Well the call was lost on one side or the other, no one here is going to hang up on a customer because I would not tolerate it.

If Will is making it seem like it is your fault, I apologize for that. Maybe his method of trying to describe how that is not something we incorporate could use some work, which is an issue I will address. I'm actually aware of bankers club, definitely a well drink.

If there are some lengths that you'd like adjusted, this is something we can do for you. But regardless, you have the best engine harness that we offer in your possession and I know for a fact the quality is there and there is no way that a harness made with electrical tape and solder could ever compare to the quality and aesthetics of our harness.

Just out of curiosity, exactly what type of racing do you participate in?"

And I followed up with.

Matt,

I do Scca road racing in ITE, since the car was going SFWD drag early in its like. So turbo 4 cyl and run against built vetts.

As far as not having the front harness I thought that I explained that to whoever I placed the order with.

Files are attached

Thanks

And attached the same files I have attached in other emails the ones that were on the last post bottom three.

CB (Matt) relied

Brian,

I'm definitely a supporter of 4 cylinders whipping up on V8 cars for sure. Going by previous e-mails and the invoice created for the order, I personally cannot see where that was stated or noted.

I will check out these photos when I get back in my office, so I can get a better view on a bigger screen.

Thanks!

Still no update from yesterday and still no $5.27 in the paypal account.
Old 08-02-2013, 03:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

7/31/13

--since no word back I sent
Matt,

I was just wonder of you had a chance to review the photos.

Thanks

8/1/13

Matt got back

Brian,

Sorry for the delay, just got back in this morning. Thanks for sending those photos over for me. I can see your concerns with a few of the lengths. Would you like to have these adjusted?

same day I relpied back

Matt,

What would be adjusted? Also what would be the turn around time?

Thanks,
BrianMAfflerbach

8/2/13

Matt said

Brian,

Well of course the fan switch would be shortened to the normal length, and also the lengths going to the EPM and the coil packs themselves. The repairs could be made, checked, and shipped out within a couple of business days of receiving the harness.

Just let me know if you'd like to pursue this or not. Hope you have a great weekend.

Thanks!

Not wanted to be taken advantage of again I have relpyed with

Matt,

I would like the harness to be fixed but I do not want this to turn into another 2 month process, since summer is almost over.

So if there is some penalty for this taking over 5 business days after received, I would feel better. Like $10 per business day late.

If this good all I need is a shipping label and it will be in the mail the next day. I will only be shipping the engine side in the same box I was sent before, the other two harness would not be shipped.

Thanks,
BrianMAfflerbach

Still no $5.27 in paypal account or check or anything
Old 08-04-2013, 12:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Wow, terrible deal you have been through here. Not the first time I have heard these kind of things about CB though. Sorry about your luck.
Old 08-05-2013, 05:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

had a buddy go through and issue with NO GROUNDS built into the harness...customer service SUCKS. im the type of person that....ill pay you more if you give me outstanding customer service.

check out www.wire-worx.com
Old 08-06-2013, 05:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Not the first time ive heard nothing but BAD things about CB, always about shitty customer service and shitty-fit products. Man this upsets me! WireWorx is definitely the way to go!!
Old 08-28-2013, 04:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Updates

Matt, (Email2)

Another question the flying lead harness has three non-listed wire. Black, Brown and Yellow/Orange.

There are also three wires missing Violet, Violet/Black and Yellow/Red.

Any idea what they are for since the PDF that I was send does not have these color listed.

Thanks,
BrianMAfflerbach

Matt Stewart
Aug 5

to me
Brian,

If you have a solid black wire, that will be a ground. The brown wire will be for grounding if you need to read your CEL light, and finally if you have a Yellow/Orange wire but do not have a Yellow/Red wire then that means it was a color substitute if we ran out of a specific color. As far as the Violet and Violet/Black go, these are CAN Hi/Lo wires which would have not been included in your race chassis. Hopefully that will clear things up for you.

Making these changes will definitely not be a two month process, I'll inform my Honda tech about this once I receive the harness, and if he can't get to it in time I will make the adjustments myself so there is no need to worry about the time frame. If you want to do this, let me know so I can have my shipping guy have a label made for you.

Sending the engine harness side will be fine, I will not need the ECU or chassis portion to have these repairs made. Also, what would you like the length of the EPM wires to be so we can cater this to your liking?

brian afflerbach <brian.afflerbach@gmail.com>
Aug 5

to Matt
Matt,

Yes I want to do this.

The Epm I think could be shorten to maybe have it lay more along the lines of the Epm instead of sticking up. So like an inch short might help with that, I will look at that closer tonight.

Thanks,
BrianMAfflerbach

On Monday, August 5, 2013, Matt Stewart wrote:
Brian,

Matt Stewart
Aug 6

to me
Brian,

Attached is the FedEx return label. Have a good evening.

Aug 18 (10 days ago)

to Matt
Matt,

I was just wondering if there was a ETA on the harness being fixed?

Thanks,
Brian

Matt Stewart
Aug 19 (9 days ago)

to me
Brian,

This will be shipping back to you this week, once I have tracking information I will send it to you via e-mail.

Thanks!
-
Matt Stewart | Operations Manager
Chase Bays, Inc.
Birmingham, AL
P: 205-623-2188
F: 205-419-4243

NOTICE: This message and any attachments and/or enclosures is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed, and may contain information that is privileged, confidential, or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient, or the representative responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any copying, dissemination, distribution, or disclosure of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately then permanently delete this message.

On Aug 18, 2013, at 8:05 PM, brian afflerbach <brian.afflerbach@gmail.com> wrote:

Matt,

Aug 22 (6 days ago)

to Matt
Hey Matt,

I was wondering the harness was going to be shipped out this week?

Thanks,
Brian

Matt Stewart
Aug 23 (5 days ago)

to me
Brian,

Yes it is, I'll send you tracking information shortly. The two pin ECT, IAT, FAN, etc connectors have been swapped for new ones since we finally received those after waiting 13 weeks for them. The EPM wire has been shortened like requested. The length difference between the coil packs could not really be changed due to the internal splicing inside of the sub-harness so I am sending that back as is, but if it's an issue I'll have a new one made when I get my new shipment of Raychem in.

I'll also send that PayPal later today for that shipping cost from before.

8:51 PM (3 minutes ago)

to Matt
Matt,

Where are the connectors that I sent in that I was suppose to get back as the email stated? Lost in shipment?

Paypal must be lagging behind on the update? Since no transaction has happen yet.

Any idea how these two issue can be resolved

The harness on the other hand I guess is what it is. Still fits like crap but unless it is fully redone with the right gig/setup that will not change, or maybe I just do not know how to connect the harness correctly.
Old 08-28-2013, 04:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

So at this point I am really lost with what to do since there is nothing like throughing money down the drain, to get something that was to be a nice new "thing" and getting a nice new POS
Old 08-28-2013, 04:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Returned harness images "fixed"

Old 09-05-2013, 04:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Mis-wired

Today problem is on the quick discount, W goes to V

Not sure what V is either so hopefully did not burn up anything.
Old 09-24-2013, 01:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Wow.i can't believe it takes 6 weeks to build a harness? I build them by hand and get each one built within 4 days post order. I've had to fix 4 of their harnesses myself for other customers. I hope you get it going