Notices
Sales Feedback This forum is to list your experiences with our vendors or other users. Positive or Negative. Please READ the rules.

Wil at Exospeed will not give refund

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2005, 06:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Wil at Exospeed will not give refund

Here's the situation:

Back in late winter (November/December), Exospeed was advertising a special for Arias pistons and Eagle rod combination. At the time, I was building a k20a2 engine for the upcoming season. Back then, Crower wasn't producing shelf rods for the a2's and Pauter and Cunningham were far too expensive. So I ordered the Arias 9:1 Pistons and Eagle rods. I spoke with Wil about the Eagle rod application for the k20a2 since Eagle did not list them on their website at the time. He assured me that he had sets in stock ready to ship and Eagle was definitely producing them as a shelf rod. I sent payment via business check and the pistons and rods arrived about a week and a half later. I thought the transaction went rather well and appreciated the quick shipment from Wil.

I got the engine bored and honed to the Arias piston spec sheet and was ready to build the engine. I measured the stock rod length and then measured the Eagle rod length. The Eagle rods were significantly longer. The Arias shelf piston was made for the stock rod length. The Eagle rods were produced to a longer rod length, not allowing them to be used with the shelf Arias piston. I immediately contacted Wil about the situation. He wasn't aware of the fact that the Eagle rods were made to the wrong rod length and told me he'd look into it for me. After a day or so, he got back to me, told me to send the shelf Arias pistons back to him and he would get me custom Arias pistons with the wrist pin area moved up in the piston so that it would compensate for the longer rod at no additional charge. So I sent the pistons back to Wil. At this point I was disappointed that the engine wasn't going to get assembled in the time frame I had originally planned; however, I couldn't be happier with customer service I received from Wil.

About 4-5 weeks went by and I had gotten very busy with tuning customers' cars and building some cars as well. It dawned on me that I hadn't heard from Wil, so I contacted him on the phone. This was around February/March. I called numerous times, couldn't get Wil on the phone and couldn't leave a message (his mailbox was always full). I resorted to sending him several PM's here on Honda-tech to find out the status of the pistons, but did not receive a response. At this point, the drag racing season had started here on the East Coast and I was already behind on getting the engine assembled and into the car. Instead of dealing with Exospeed, I called Arias directly to find out the status of my custom piston. I spoke with a sport compact piston department employee about whether or not Wil had contacted them about my custom pistons and what the status was. The guy I spoke asked for my name, address, etc. to search his work orders to see if the order had in fact been placed and what the status was. There was no record of me or my pistons. I explained the situation to the rep and he said that he spoke to Wil several times a week and would have Wil call me. Wil contacted me and informed me that the pistons had not been ordered, but that he was going to place the order. I was a little aggravated at this point, but I realized that things happen from time to time and so I tried to be understanding. Wil said it would take approx. 4-6 weeks for the custom pistons to be made, but he would try to get them made faster. This was around the beginning of April.

It was the end of April, 4 weeks had passed, so I sent Wil a PM to find out the status of the pistons. It took Wil about a week to get back to me, and he informed me that the pistons were still not ordered. At that point, I couldn't wait any longer to get the engine assembled and in the car, so I ordered Crower billet rods and CP Pistons. I asked Wil if he would refund my money once I sent the rods back. He agreed. I sent them back in May, and have yet to receive my refund. I've sent Wil countless PM's on here, plus I've tried calling, but noone answers and his mailbox is always full. He responded to some of the PM's and said he was going to be sending the check. In the interest of space on this thread and because this post is already long, I won't post the saved PM conversations, but I do have them. More recently I've sent a PM several times a week asking whether the check had been sent out and received no response. There is absolutely no way to contact Wil at Exospeed unless you want to place an order it seems.

I did some searching here and found out that Dylan (purplegsr) had been dealing with customer service issues for Exospeed. I contacted him and he's been very helpful, but to no avail, I still have no refund. Wil told Dylan that he sent the check out to me on June 23rd. I should have received it by now. Conveniently enough, Wil told Dylan that he didn't get a delivery confirmation/tracking number, but assured Dylan that the check was sent out. It doesn't take this long for an envelope to come here from California. I told Dylan I hadn't received the check. He contacted Wil. Wil was supposed to call me today at 3:00 my time to discuss the situation. First, why should he have to call me if he sent the check out? Second, why did I not receive a phone call? I shouldn't feel that bad though. Wil lied to me, I'm only a customer. Dylan is supposed to be his friend, and he lied to him...

Wil, it's very simple. Refund my money. As I've said to you in all the PM's I sent, I've been more than patient with you and I've given you every opportunity to simply write a check and send it to me. I've also told you that I would wait to make a post if I received some sort of response from you. Even after not receiving a response I still didn't post anything. I'm at the point now where this is beyond ridiculous and I owe you no favors and I have no reason to be nice to you. You've had plenty of chances. I hope this helps your business.
Old 07-15-2010, 09:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Icon3 Re: Wil at Exospeed will not give refund

Originally Posted by boosted hybrid
Here's the situation:

Back in late winter (November/December), Exospeed was advertising a special for Arias pistons and Eagle rod combination. At the time, I was building a k20a2 engine for the upcoming season. Back then, Crower wasn't producing shelf rods for the a2's and Pauter and Cunningham were far too expensive. So I ordered the Arias 9:1 Pistons and Eagle rods. I spoke with Wil about the Eagle rod application for the k20a2 since Eagle did not list them on their website at the time. He assured me that he had sets in stock ready to ship and Eagle was definitely producing them as a shelf rod. I sent payment via business check and the pistons and rods arrived about a week and a half later. I thought the transaction went rather well and appreciated the quick shipment from Wil.

I got the engine bored and honed to the Arias piston spec sheet and was ready to build the engine. I measured the stock rod length and then measured the Eagle rod length. The Eagle rods were significantly longer. The Arias shelf piston was made for the stock rod length. The Eagle rods were produced to a longer rod length, not allowing them to be used with the shelf Arias piston. I immediately contacted Wil about the situation. He wasn't aware of the fact that the Eagle rods were made to the wrong rod length and told me he'd look into it for me. After a day or so, he got back to me, told me to send the shelf Arias pistons back to him and he would get me custom Arias pistons with the wrist pin area moved up in the piston so that it would compensate for the longer rod at no additional charge. So I sent the pistons back to Wil. At this point I was disappointed that the engine wasn't going to get assembled in the time frame I had originally planned; however, I couldn't be happier with customer service I received from Wil.

About 4-5 weeks went by and I had gotten very busy with tuning customers' cars and building some cars as well. It dawned on me that I hadn't heard from Wil, so I contacted him on the phone. This was around February/March. I called numerous times, couldn't get Wil on the phone and couldn't leave a message (his mailbox was always full). I resorted to sending him several PM's here on Honda-tech to find out the status of the pistons, but did not receive a response. At this point, the drag racing season had started here on the East Coast and I was already behind on getting the engine assembled and into the car. Instead of dealing with Exospeed, I called Arias directly to find out the status of my custom piston. I spoke with a sport compact piston department employee about whether or not Wil had contacted them about my custom pistons and what the status was. The guy I spoke asked for my name, address, etc. to search his work orders to see if the order had in fact been placed and what the status was. There was no record of me or my pistons. I explained the situation to the rep and he said that he spoke to Wil several times a week and would have Wil call me. Wil contacted me and informed me that the pistons had not been ordered, but that he was going to place the order. I was a little aggravated at this point, but I realized that things happen from time to time and so I tried to be understanding. Wil said it would take approx. 4-6 weeks for the custom pistons to be made, but he would try to get them made faster. This was around the beginning of April.

It was the end of April, 4 weeks had passed, so I sent Wil a PM to find out the status of the pistons. It took Wil about a week to get back to me, and he informed me that the pistons were still not ordered. At that point, I couldn't wait any longer to get the engine assembled and in the car, so I ordered Crower billet rods and CP Pistons. I asked Wil if he would refund my money once I sent the rods back. He agreed. I sent them back in May, and have yet to receive my refund. I've sent Wil countless PM's on here, plus I've tried calling, but noone answers and his mailbox is always full. He responded to some of the PM's and said he was going to be sending the check. In the interest of space on this thread and because this post is already long, I won't post the saved PM conversations, but I do have them. More recently I've sent a PM several times a week asking whether the check had been sent out and received no response. There is absolutely no way to contact Wil at Exospeed unless you want to place an order it seems.

I did some searching here and found out that Dylan (purplegsr) had been dealing with customer service issues for Exospeed. I contacted him and he's been very helpful, but to no avail, I still have no refund. Wil told Dylan that he sent the check out to me on June 23rd. I should have received it by now. Conveniently enough, Wil told Dylan that he didn't get a delivery confirmation/tracking number, but assured Dylan that the check was sent out. It doesn't take this long for an envelope to come here from California. I told Dylan I hadn't received the check. He contacted Wil. Wil was supposed to call me today at 3:00 my time to discuss the situation. First, why should he have to call me if he sent the check out? Second, why did I not receive a phone call? I shouldn't feel that bad though. Wil lied to me, I'm only a customer. Dylan is supposed to be his friend, and he lied to him...

Wil, it's very simple. Refund my money. As I've said to you in all the PM's I sent, I've been more than patient with you and I've given you every opportunity to simply write a check and send it to me. I've also told you that I would wait to make a post if I received some sort of response from you. Even after not receiving a response I still didn't post anything. I'm at the point now where this is beyond ridiculous and I owe you no favors and I have no reason to be nice to you. You've had plenty of chances. I hope this helps your business.

I am having a similar problem this year with Wil at Exospeed. I bought rims off of them back in April and they were out of stock. No big deal... we just ordered them from another place. They told us they would just refund me right away. Unfortunately it is now the middle of July and still no refund! I have been emailing them, calling them, etc every other day and the only answer I received was from a James saying Wil was out of the country and that he issued me a check. Well... that was two weeks ago and we still have yet to get a check. I asked for the tracking number of the package that included the check and they still have not answered me. Now they are just ignoring me even tho I call like every other day! Such crap that Honda-tech supports them as a vendor when there is obviously so many issues with them! Wil - we just want our REFUND! What is so hard about this??? $410 is a lot of money and we deserve to have it back. You lost a good customer in us! As for everyone else... STAY AWAY FROM EXOSPEED! They just steal your money! Obviously any company that does not accept paypal as a payment is fishy! Buyers beware!!!!

Joe Orzolek
Old 08-03-2010, 10:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Wil at Exospeed will not give refund

shitty
Old 08-03-2010, 02:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i was actually going to order from these guys. now im definetly not, that is complete bullshit, they shouldnt be allowed to sell on this site if they are going to **** people around and rip them off.
Old 09-11-2010, 09:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

wtf... talk about bring this back from the dead..
Old 02-23-2011, 04:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Just an update.... as of today I STILL have not received my refund from exospeed. I threatened to call my attorney on him last month - I received a quick email that said my situation is still being looked into. The exact same problem he 'claimed' he sent me a check. Such a scammer. I am calling my attorney for real this time. We deserve our money back. Such crap!!!

Joe Orzolek
570-854-0488
Old 02-25-2011, 05:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

LOL I spent 6 months getting my deposit back for some rims that were always two weeks out..... for six months still would like to get them but dont wanna chance it on never getting my money back and still left with no rims
Old 12-13-2011, 04:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I bought a few parts from him and havent received anything either, I wish I was aware of his business practices, I would have never dealt with him. I hope I get my parts or a refund

Damn F Rating on BBB Site

http://www.la.bbb.org/business-revie...a-CA-100010548

Last edited by JDMKing; 12-13-2011 at 04:25 PM. Reason: more info