ON-Can: Electron Blue 2000 Honda Civic Si/Ex Coupe (2 door) 5MT EJ8

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2016, 01:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ON-Can: Electron Blue 2000 Honda Civic Si/Ex Coupe (2 door) 5MT EJ8

FS Item(s) Description:

**PLEASE READ THE AD**

Are you looking for a reliable all-around car with power everything that will never let you down? Look no further! This rare and sporty Electron Blue 2000 Honda Civic Si is one tough car that will never give up. I've driven this car to the PEI, Florida, NYC, Boston, Chicago, etc. You name it, I've been there. I would have no hesitation in my mind to take this car again.

Don't let the mileage scare you, it should easily make it to 500,000+ kms and then some! This car is the reason I gained a little bit of respect for Hondas, and it's never let me down aside from when the distributor died on me this summer and I put a brand new one in. The body has 225000km, but the motor swap has 150000 approximately.

The fact that this car is equipped with a manual transmission makes up for the fact that it's otherwise got quite an underpowered 1.5L engine (with VTEC!) but it's great on gas at any time of the year! On average, I get 600-620km per tank, and depending on the price of gas, each fill up can vary from $35-45.

I never knew how much can fit into a civic but with the 60/40 split seats, you get much more storage capacity. The rear bench folds back. This trim in this color is especially difficult to find as it comes with all power options (all are working still!) AND manual transmission! Even if this car is too old or too high mileage for your cup of tea, it is sure to make a nice winter beater for somebody or swap candidate. I take meticulous care of my vehicles and it shows (although the engine bay is dirty from grease buildup from the rustproofing).

Car comes complete with slight surface rust on the passenger side quarter panel but it's been rustproofed every year it's been under my ownership. Take a look underneath the vehicle and inside the bay and you will not see a spec of rust anywhere. I take meticulous care of my vehicles and it shows. All power options still work on this car, heat and AC blows ice cold/hot as normal. It also comes with a double din LCD radio.

I've modified the vehicle to my liking tastefully and will come modifications listed below:

On to the goodies:

THE GOOD
-JDM D15B swap by iGarage. Comes with 2stage VTEC even for this underpowered motor. All components were swapped at the time of the swap:
1. NEW Timing Belt + Water Pump
2. New low mileage S40 transmission
3. NEW OEM Exedy Clutch
4. NEW Thermostat
5. NEW Spark Plugs and Cables
6. NEW Distributor
7. NEW Radiator
8. NEW Alternator
9. NEW Driveshafts (old ones were rusty)
10. New O2 sensors (Primary and secondary)
11. New Brake Lines
12. New Power steering pump/hoses
13. All fluid flush (transmission, power steering, coolant, etc.) at the time of the swap
14. New Ebrake Cable
15. Brake service completed 1 year ago (front rotors/pads, rear drums)
-Oil changes every 5000km, followed the Honda Service schedule to the T

Modifications Included in sale:
-TEIN lowering springs
-Electron Blue SIR Front Lip
-EK4 SIR Cluster Gauge (matching mileage on odometer)
-Comes with AEM Short Ram Intake
-EK9 Sidemarkers
-Paint matched sideskirts
-Tinted windows + Sunroof @ Audio Heaven (20% tint)
-Viper 5704 2Way Alarm system installed @ AutoLinks for extra security given the nature of these cars for peace of mind
-OEM front grill (not currently installed, Type R grill installed)

Parts included in the sale (if asking price met):
-Aftermarket Struts (stock ones are starting to sweat, not a major issue but again I am always about preventative maintenance so parts are in stock ready to replace)
-Aftermarket lower control arms (for when you replace the struts, convenient mod to do)

The bad:
-Check engine light is on for a defective charcoal canister. This is related to the EVAP system but isn't an issue. I still passed my etest in November 2015 with this problem. However, in the name of full disclosure, the issue is there. Car still drives fine and gets regular gas mileage as stated above.
-Minor high pitch-screech sound on start up during cold weather due to one of the bearings in the idler starting to go. Again, common issue but doesn't affect drivability. I grease the bearing from time to time to keep the noise down.
-Car has minor dings on the body given its age but nothing major. Overall it is a good condition car I'd give it a 8/10.

The car was daily driven until this Winter where I parked it for the season. I do start this car every week and it is a turn key car. Sold as is for local buyers. For American buyers, I will assist you with all the necessary paperwork to import this car.

CAR DOES NOT COME WITH SIR RIMS. It will come with the steelies you see in the album. Car is currently not insured and cannot be test driven on public roads. It can be heard running stationary.

Asking Price:
2500CAD or 2000USD

PM

Attachment 515799

Attachment 515800

Name:  v1bIV6r.jpg
Views: 9
Size:  56.7 KB

Full album can be seen here:

Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet
Old 02-25-2016, 05:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: ON-Can: Electron Blue 2000 Honda Civic Si/Ex Coupe (2 door) 5MT EJ8

So the upper section of the door jam is white?
Old 02-25-2016, 06:41 AM
Imgur Lives Matter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thats plastic dingus
Old 02-25-2016, 01:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the clarification, Captain.