Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

What does one owner mean to you?

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2017, 10:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What does one owner mean to you?

Been surfing craigslist for cars for years and it seems one owner means different things to different people. I always assumed that meant that you are buying the car from the chap that bought it off the lot NEW.
Here was the add that I saw today.....

2000 Honda Civic SI *Clean Title 1/Owner *

"2000 Honda Civic SI 2dr Coupe Electron Blue Pearl 5spd.
140K Original Miles
Clean Title 1 Owner.

If you are reading this ad you know what this is. It's RARE 2000 Honda Civic SI in Electron Blue Pearl. This car was bought brand new at Lynnwood Honda by a family friend of mine in 2000. Back when we graduated High School. Shortly after he lost his license no more than a year of owning the car. It was taken away from him and his father drove it backed forth to work for the last 15 years from Brier to Everett. They recently moved to Nevada and had no room to keep it there. It is complete and ORIGINAL. Clean Title and never even broken into! ( I can show you why) It has leather "SI" seats which I believe we a dealer options. Everything works. It is not perfect but like I said Original. It had been well maintained all its life. And I personally just did a tune up. Brand new NGK spark plugs, Wire, Distributor cap, Rotor and Coil. The car has always been stock other than lowering springs. Never been modified or tampered with. Car runs great. There are Civic SI's all over craigslist, They are all tampered with and Rebuilt/Salvage title. Like I said this car isn't perfect but you need to see it for yourself. Would be a great starter for someones daily driver and project. Be a great first car. If you can find a Clean Title EBP SI the asking price's are outrageous. Make this perfect for a lesser price. Asking 4700 OBO. Car has plates and a CLEAN affidavit of lieu (title) was lost during move. It is the same thing. Please I urge you no craigslist games or fakes. I would prefer not to waste each others time. Please do contact me to ask me questions if you are not serious. NO LOW BALLERS you will be ignored. I'm a 36yo father I do not have time for games/theives/etc. I have been in the Honda game before... Now like I said its not perfect. A few months ago, while being driven on the freeway during stop and go traffic the car was in gear and the clutch was let go and it slowly jerked into a truck in front of it. Causing slight front end miss alignment. Also a new clutch and slave cylinder were installed but need to adjusted. SERIOUS INQUIRIES. Trades will be entertained possibly 3rd Generation 4runners and 2nd generation Tacoma 4x4 or 1st gen Toyota Tundra only.

PROS
Clean Title 1 Owner - If you have access to Carfax please feel free
140k Original Miles- Original Motor and Transmission with matching vin#
Clean never broken into
Electron Blue Pearl - Rare
Original Clean Si wheels with Good Yokohoma tires
Recent Alighnment

Cons
Slight front end damage
Clutch need re-adjustment
No Front lip.
Ding and Scratches nothing major for 16 years old.

EF, EG, EK, EM, DC2, Integra, Accord, Acura, RSX, JDM, 240sx , b16, b18, h22, K20, K24, spoon, mugen, STI, WRX"

This is what I am looking for sans the body damage. Obviously as time goes on this will be a harder and harder task and will command a premium price.
What do you say HT?
Old 01-03-2017, 11:03 AM
talks to himself

Received 78 Likes on 65 Posts
Default Re: What does one owner mean to you?

Originally Posted by mrmclooperson
Been surfing craigslist for cars for years and it seems one owner means different things to different people. I always assumed that meant that you are buying the car from the chap that bought it off the lot NEW.
That's what I thought. But what I think doesn't matter. What I know does. And, I know people are ******* idiots.

Also, this is a tech section. This thread belongs in GDD.
Old 01-03-2017, 11:39 AM
Hysterically Calm

Received 562 Likes on 481 Posts
Default Re: What does one owner mean to you?

Just to be devils advocate, it still could be a 1 owner car, the family who bought it. It could very likely not be transferred into the current possessors name which in turn means it was only "owned" by the family who bought it new. So as far as the title... only 1 owner.

Anyways, thread closed as this isn't the proper venue for this sort of thread.