Notices
Road Racing / Autocross & Time Attack Road Racing / AUTOX, HPDE, Time Attack

Mid-Ohio w/Audi Quattro Club June 28 & 29...anyone from here going?

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2001, 10:28 AM
BSQ
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mid-Ohio w/Audi Quattro Club June 28 & 29...anyone from here going?

Just curious if anyone from H-T will be there. This will be my first track event at Mid-Ohio (I have attended many races there). My brother-in-law will also be attending, as well, with his newly acquired (last few months) ITA CRX, so it will be his first event with this car.

Does anyone have any words of wisdom for Mid-Ohio? Both my brother-in-law and I have participated in five track events (4 @ Putnam Park / 1 @ Nelson Ledges), so we are not novices but any advice or tips would be welcomed.

[Modified by BSQ, 11:29 AM 6/21/2001]
Old 06-21-2001, 11:12 AM
Wrong-Way Wang

Default Re: Mid-Ohio w/Audi Quattro Club June 28 & 29...anyone from here going? (BSQ)

The Quattro Club is great for beginners. They'll put you with the Mid-Ohio instructors, who are really good. You're gonna have a blast. That's a great track that I hope to get back to someday.

Have fun with the rigged up Civic with outboard wheels You'll know what I'm talkin about when you climb in. Remember, slow hands, fast reactions.

Warren
Old 06-21-2001, 11:12 AM
Trial User

Default Re: Mid-Ohio w/Audi Quattro Club June 28 & 29...anyone from here going? (BSQ)

Very fun and challenging track! I've driven it at about 6 lapping days. Before I ever went, I ordered the video on the Mid Ohio School website, and think its a great primer for what to expect. Its mostly in-car from an NSX, and they break the track up into sections giving you tips on each. At the end, they do several laps at speed showing in-car from the NSX. I thought the video was well worth it.

Here's the info to order... http://www.midohioschool.com/index0504.html

Old 06-25-2001, 05:01 AM
BSQ
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Mid-Ohio w/Audi Quattro Club June 28 & 29...anyone from here going? (Tegsport Racing)

I ordered the video on the Mid Ohio School website, and think its a great primer for what to expect. Its mostly in-car from an NSX, and they break the track up into sections giving you tips on each. At the end, they do several laps at speed showing in-car from the NSX. I thought the video was well worth it.

Here's the info to order... http://www.midohioschool.com/index0504.html
Tegsport, thanks for the info on the Mid Ohio instructional video. I watched the short video clip on the web and found it to be very informative. I am going to pick one up today.

For anyone that is interested, the video is $22 plus S+H (this is not listed on Mid Ohio's website). Also the video is 30 minutes in length and it show the proper line for each turn, as well as, what happens when you early apex and late apex the turn.