Notices
Road Racing / Autocross & Time Attack Road Racing / AUTOX, HPDE, Time Attack

Hello fellow gearheads!Lol

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2017, 07:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hello fellow gearheads!Lol

So I have been road racing for some time with many different cars I've owned. My current track toy is an eclipse Spyder gst(got tired of blowing up tcase and driveshaft on gsx).

my current dilemma I have a wrecked integra gsr from the quarter panel. The previous owner tried fixing it by cutting into the wheel well and popping out the quater panel dent.smh. Since it's salvage I figured just part it out and swap everything that I can into my following car.

i have a civic lx sedan 2000. The clutch is bad and engine is fried. I have a b16a2 unknown mileage sitting in the garage along with a d16z6 with 60k miles from a wrecked eg si years ago and now the complete integra gsr.

I want a secondary track toy while remaining as a daily car. Though I know the dc2 is a great platform for the track they are also a higher risk of getting stolen on the street! (I already have my track car as it is) and the damage it has. Reason being why I feel like my sedan is the better option. I'll post pictures. Do you guys think gsr is worth fixing or should I go with my plan and go civic route, not trying to be the fastest out there with these cars just want to have fun when my track car is down.
Old 11-13-2017, 11:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts
Default Re: Hello fellow gearheads!Lol

I'd go the path of least resistance / what will get me to the track sooner, so Integra.

But if looks matter, than I think your answer is to swap everything over to the civic.

As far as protecting it from theft, nothing is theft proof so I always think of it in terms of what would make stealing this car harder (removable steering wheel, power cut, fuel cut, alarm, giant cable lock through the wheels, etc.). I daily-d a track car with all sorts of performance goodies for years and found comfort in thinking it it would be really hard for anyone without a tow truck to steal.