Notices
Road Racing / Autocross & Time Attack Road Racing / AUTOX, HPDE, Time Attack

continuation of chassis dynamics 101......are you frustrated yet?? (a post that got missed)

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2002, 06:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default continuation of chassis dynamics 101......are you frustrated yet?? (a post that got missed)

warren, afaikt your wheel rates were about 318f/326r lbs/in. if you were using those springs on race tires with a 5.5" ride height, the springs were simply too soft and you would have been hitting the bumpstops everywhere. 21k fr/18k rr would have given you the na rear rates with a jdm spring bias front to rear. could someone answer my post about chassis dynamics being independant of vehicle speed?? scott, could you also repost why any weight that is on the inside rear is weight that could be on the inside front??? i think maybe that is the point that i'm having a hard time with. and could you also clarify how spring rate affects how quickly each corner gets loaded and unloaded??? i always thought shocks had a much higher affect in this regard then springs???
Old 07-28-2002, 06:30 PM
Wrong-Way Wang

Default Re: continuation of chassis dynamics 101......are you frustrated yet?? (solo-x)

No, I didn't miss the post. I ignored it.

I'm sick of the bench racing.

Warren
Old 07-28-2002, 08:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: continuation of chassis dynamics 101......are you frustrated yet?? (solo-x)

Hey man, read the thread. It's not that hard to understand.
Old 07-28-2002, 08:36 PM
.RJ

If you have a question specifically for warren, send him an IM/Email and discuss the matter away from this forum. At any rate, any "theories" you discuss here on this forum regarding Warren's race car setup are pure speculation and nothing else. Warren is out on track, and tests and tunes his setup(s) and it is ultimately the final word on what works and what does not. He is a *very* good driver and i seriously doubt that if there was a way to make the "JDM" setup "work" then he would have worked at it. He's got enough experience to do this.

In addition, if you really do have something constructive to add to the discussion, the best thing to do would be to continue the existing thread.

Scott's analysis on the subject are very clear and concise - if you do not understand them, then i suggest you seek some additional reference material on race car development and suspension design, and vehicle dynamics in general. Not saying that to sound like an ***, but you will ultimately learn more that way.

Have a Bandit Day

RJ

warren, afaikt your wheel rates were about 318f/326r lbs/in. if you were using those springs on race tires with a 5.5" ride height, the springs were simply too soft and you would have been hitting the bumpstops everywhere. 21k fr/18k rr would have given you the na rear rates with a jdm spring bias front to rear. could someone answer my post about chassis dynamics being independant of vehicle speed?? scott, could you also repost why any weight that is on the inside rear is weight that could be on the inside front??? i think maybe that is the point that i'm having a hard time with. and could you also clarify how spring rate affects how quickly each corner gets loaded and unloaded??? i always thought shocks had a much higher affect in this regard then springs???