Road Racing / Autocross & Time Attack Road Racing / AUTOX, HPDE, Time Attack

Anyone track thier Em1?

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2012, 03:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Anyone track thier Em1?

They are custom made
adjustable to 20 degrees which is more than i'll ever need. Wing sits approx. 2 inches higher as well.
They should be able to provide much better downforce on the rear of the car...im going to have to do much more testing before i can pass judgement on them though!
Are you after a set?.......
Old 03-27-2012, 08:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I track my EM1 also. Love it. I know it's the heaviest of the EK's, but EM1's get a lot of love on the tracks from all the ex-honda folks. It's the best looking EK in my opinion and is a great platform to play with.

I too just use regular castrol 5w-30 in my ITR swap. A LSD would do you wonders too if you get deeper into track days.

Old 03-28-2012, 05:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i have one that i plan on tracking soon once i start getting some kind of income. as far as modifications... stockish is your friend till you know the car and cant improve with out upgrades.. a decent set of pads like hawk hp+ and blank rotors. tires no need to go spending alot of money first year. just get a decent set of s drives would b fine. suspension don't go spending alot of money on that but you need to get a asr sub-frame brace or equivalent eks like to tear the rear sub-frame under alot of hard driving. no need for rally anything else since its a good platform from the beginnning
Old 03-31-2012, 01:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I miss my SIR

I'd suggest autox 1 to 2 summer first, so that you can pick up better car control skills.

Cold weather + Dead cold tires R comp + RSB = on throttle sliding
Old 04-01-2012, 05:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Huss
thanks for the reply guys.
yes rotors are toast. going to order some cheapo ebay ones. btw would the dealer ship change the fluid for me? i want this car to be dealer maintained.
Look for the brand "Mountain" in Canada. Or try looking for Altrom for the rotors. Is there any particular reason why you want to keep the car maintained at the dealership? In any case, they will replace it for you if you pay them. Are you going to be running at Stratotech with Speedway?

Originally Posted by Huss
would it hurt to run 5W40 synthetic?
If you can afford to run this oil, then go for it. I would suggest that you invest in a good crankcase vent kit as well. The stock PCV system can't keep up with a stock car and it certainly won't do a good job on track and will only accelerate your current oil consumption. It's probably not helping that you're using an open cone filter given there is so much sand and salt on the roads. I would go back to the stock intake.

Originally Posted by weasel1
I tracked my em1 when it was standard, i tracked it during modification and I will be tracking it as an all out race car very shortly.
As a minimum, you should look at the following before going to a track:
1. Change brake fluid to a good brand with high boiling temp. Motul RBF660 is a good option.
2. Make sure you have good brake pads and good disks with loads of meat.
3. I would reccomend a upgraded seat and harness as you will slide out of the standard factory seats on fast sweeping corners.
4. Decent brand of tyre depending on your budget
5. A torque wrench or power-bar for tightening your wheel nuts.

Also consider welding some baffle plates into your sump. This comes highly recomended if your going to track your car regularly.
I agree with everything said, particularly number 3. The stock seats in the EM1 sucks.

I would also change the stock bus steering wheel. I hated that thing given that the EM1 has pretty a pretty slow ratio.

As Si-Yaaa! said, an LSD would be awesome down the road .... along with a final drive and lightweight flywheel!

My vote is for the Dunlop Star Specs as well.