Notices
Paint and Body Auto Body Repair, Painting and Prep

Possible fake Seibon?? Need your halp!

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2008, 10:36 AM
I like to party

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Possible fake Seibon?? Need your halp!

So I purchased a "seibon" hood from a very reputable dealer. They have been around forever and I'm sure most of you have purchased from them. I'll hold off on releasing any names until they get back to me.

Anyway, my hood showed up and had no Seibon emblem anywhere on it. It was wraped in a seibon box tho. (I never saw it unwrapped, just saw the box laying next to it on the ground.) When I asked the dealer about the badge they said that Seibon hoods do not come with badges.

Forward 2 weeks. I've checked with other friends, other shops, and online. Based on pictures of other hoods, I get a bit concerned that my edges don't look "rolled". However the weave looks tight, and the fitment is pretty good. Based on the shops rep I brush my concerns aside.

Well, today out of boredom I call Seibon. Seibon informs me ALL their hoods come with emblems tacked inside. Tehy inform me to have my shop call them if there is any concern....

WTF?

So I call me shop and tell them what they said. They say that they have ordered hoods directly from seibon and they don't come with emblems inside.

Does anyone have a Seibon 99-00 civic oem hood? If so, does it have a Seibon emblem inside? TIA!
Old 04-15-2008, 10:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My friend worked at a performance shop about 4 years ago and ordered a Seibon hood directly from them and I don't believe it has any badging... But that was when they were just hitting the Honda scene. Not sure.
Old 04-15-2008, 01:01 PM
I like to party

Default Re: (Bakeoff)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Bakeoff &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">My friend worked at a performance shop about 4 years ago and ordered a Seibon hood directly from them and I don't believe it has any badging... But that was when they were just hitting the Honda scene. Not sure.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Seibon said they didn't used to have badges, but if it's a newer hood it should have one. I had to wait for this to get shipped from Seibon supposedly. So it's new.
Old 04-15-2008, 02:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: (2LEM1)

My friend has a seibon hood and there is no badging...

you may have possible bought a dead stock hood from the dealer... it may not be a hood that was just bought from seibon since they made the badging change
Old 04-15-2008, 06:28 PM
I like to party

Default Re: Possible fake Seibon?? Need your halp! (2LEM1)

UPDATE: The shop I bought the hood from isn't doing anything to stop my concerns. I called there 3 times today and the guy I talked to keeps giving me the run around. He says he called Seibon twice today and left 2 messages. Both times I called Seibon I got right through and the same guy answered twice. He says he got no call from said shop.

I'm giving them until tomorrow before I drag their name through the mud on every website I can find.

To be continued....
Old 04-15-2008, 11:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

it's a common practice for a brand name to remove or scratch their badge for defected, second rated product, think of all the defected levis at the outlet would have their tag stamped/indicated it's not a first rate/A grade levi product.

my seibon trunk has a badge on it(used about a year old), but my b grade VIS hood does not(which i picked up from vis myself)

they do that to protect the brand's image, if you see a mess up hood with a seibon badge on it, people is going to think seibon is not doing or not doing enough quality inspection or what they see is typical seibon quality.

what happen to the second rated product is that they sell to vendor for a much lower cost, if someone is selling you a product without badge for the full price, go ask why.

bump for you
Old 04-19-2008, 04:32 AM

Default Re: Possible fake Seibon?? Need your halp! (iam7head)

Not sure if this will help but I bought a Seibon hood directly from them, I think I was one of the first ones if not the first to ever buy a hood from them (bought it a few years back). My hood was rolled, and it came badged with a seibon tag underneath. I also bought a trunk from them a few years later... same badge on them.... Fit was better VIS...
Old 04-19-2008, 01:27 PM
I like to party

Default Re: Possible fake Seibon?? Need your halp! (Mr. Samurai)

UPDATE: Well, the second hood I ordered had a badge on it. But the edges aren't rolled. I decided that my first hood was likely a back stock item that was made before they started putting badges on stuff. Either way, I'll NEVER recomend Seibon to anyone, ever. My Mugen lip doesn't really fit, my hood looks like crap and Seibon doesn't even know **** about their products. When installing my lip my installer and me called Seibon to ask about the tabs that come on the lip. The tech support didn't even know what we were talking about. We had to send them a digital picture, and then they still didn't have a clue. I ended up having to cut off the tabs that come on my lip and bolt on the stock tabs, and then force it onto the car, and the right side is still about half an inch short.

I'll be ordering my trunk from VIS.
Old 04-19-2008, 03:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 2LEM1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">UPDATE: Well, the second hood I ordered had a badge on it. But the edges aren't rolled. I decided that my first hood was likely a back stock item that was made before they started putting badges on stuff. Either way, I'll NEVER recomend Seibon to anyone, ever. My Mugen lip doesn't really fit, my hood looks like crap and Seibon doesn't even know **** about their products. When installing my lip my installer and me called Seibon to ask about the tabs that come on the lip. The tech support didn't even know what we were talking about. We had to send them a digital picture, and then they still didn't have a clue. I ended up having to cut off the tabs that come on my lip and bolt on the stock tabs, and then force it onto the car, and the right side is still about half an inch short.

I'll be ordering my trunk from VIS.</TD></TR></TABLE>

sorry about your mishap but i felt the same way. everyone on honda-tech told me seibon is gonna be better than VIS's stuff. I had a vis hood on my other honda before, it was almost perfect fit(except a slight larger gap at one side of the hood).
Compare to my seibon trunk i had(sold it for scrape money), vis fits much better. the seibon hood was a grade with their badge on it and everything. it's too short, the angle doesn't match the contour. i can't even close the trunk without the edge hitting the tail lens.

Maybe i gotten a bad badge, maybe not

vis&gt;seibon
Old 04-24-2008, 06:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Email Seibon with pics... Tell them to send you new pieces... boom done.