Paint and Body Auto Body Repair, Painting and Prep

Dippedparts.com don't send them anything!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2011, 06:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Dippedparts.com don't send them anything!!!

So did you start legal action? if not your just giving this dood your money, as well as leaving the door open for him to rip off other people

if you need help with going to the courthouse, working with small claims, send me a pm/email(apwhat1@gmail.com)

it's honestly very very easy to get started to sue a shop/seller/etc.. I've never let my money escape me... and had three people over ten years try too... each and every time i managed to sue them and get more than my money back..

pm me.
Old 09-05-2011, 06:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wouldn't doubt I will pick up a super street or honda tuning and see a dumb phaze 2 show car with your starks and the other dudes compressor housing. Good job Heymikeyyy.
Old 09-06-2011, 01:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Like what was said it the other thread, Everyone's Stuff got Returned to them A LONG time ago, I don't mind The negative feed back at all. Its the Truth that everyone got there Parts In a VARY LONG TIME, but I have never Ignored anyone or just stop Replying to them. I am always there to answer there questions why its taking so long so I am far from being a Scammer :D!!! I have Customers now that see this thread and ask me about it and i don't mind telling them

Plus the Original Poster of this thread got his Housing in and couldn't even gather the words how nice his part came out .
Old 09-06-2011, 09:48 AM
No Jodas

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

o rly?
Old 09-06-2011, 06:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

yes !!!
Old 09-28-2011, 01:21 PM
Trial User

I'd like to share what I am going through, with the company dipppedparts.com. I am a 240 person, but being as Mikey posts here often, and gets a lot of business through this site, it made sense to make an account to share my situation.

What this company does, is dip pretty much any car part you choose, in chrome, chrome colors, or gold. Now that you have an idea of what they do, I'll move on to my situation with this company. Keep in mind, that this isn't over, so this isn't a negative review. I'm just stating what has been happening up to this point, to help others decide on if in fact, they do want to use this company for their services.

Onto to the story. So, I decided to have my Work vskf's rebuilt, due to curbs on the lips. Since my wheels were apart, I decided that I was going to have the wheel bolts gold plated. 2 of the bolts were stripped during the removal process, so I had to buy new ones. Turns out, Work USA doesn't stock vskf bolts, and that they aren't the same size as the vsxx, or rezax. Which means I had to pay a good amount, to get several replacement bolts from Japan. So, I get the replacement bolts, and get in touch with Mike from dippedparts.com.

I ask him how long will the dipping take, and he replies that it could take up to 2 weeks, but usually never that long. So, I was like ok, sounds good. I send the bolts usps priority which usually takes 3-5 days, to reach the states. The package end up getting lost for a few days, and finally gets to Mike around August 5th-8th. During the transit of my bolts, I had already paid Mike, which was our agreement, so that he could purchase the gold needed to plate my bolts.

So now, more than 2 weeks pass, and my bolts still aren't done. When asked why, Mike states that they only buy gold every Monday. But, the delivery is late, and hasn't come yet. I'm like OK, I'll wait. I call him a week later, and he tells me that it's gonna be in the mail, the following week. Keep in mind, that my wheels are still at the rebuilding shop, throughout this whole process, and he isn't too happy about storing my wheels for this long.

So, last week I call Mike again on Thursday of last week, telling him that my bolts are still not here yet, and that I really need them back asap. He tells me that his uncle, (who is actually the guy that owns the shop that does the dipping/plating work) already sent it out! He then tells me, that he is going to go to the shop on Friday, to see what was going on, and would call me to let me know. He does call me on Friday, and tells me the reason why I didn't get the bolts yet, was because they were still at the shop! He states that It's a good thing that they weren't sent out, because several bolts, weren't plated up to par. So, he would those re-plated, and sent out today via FedEx next day, if possible, if not 2-3 day.

I'm really getting frustrated at this point, but there is nothing that I can do. So, Mike calls me this morning at 5:27 AM pacific time, and since I was sleeping I didn't pick up. I call him back when I wake up, and throughout the day, since he wasn't picking up. I get in touch with him at 3 pm, and he tells me that the bolts were all packed up, and his car ready to be shipped, when his wife notifies him that his car is no longer in the driveway!! It was stolen, with my bolts in it!! He tells me that he is going to replace my bolts, and I tell him that I had to order my bolts from Work Japan. He tells me that he has a lot of friends that bring in wheels and stuff, so sourcing them won't be a problem. Once he locates them, he will have them plated the same day he receives them, and have them shipped out asap.

When I ask him, if I can get a refund, he states that the money I sent him, was already used to buy the gold to plate my bolts, which is understandable. But, I am kind of worried, because I'm almost out of time, to file a paypal claim, although I'm not sure if I am indeed being taken for a ride or not. At this point, I don't really know what to do. I'm hoping that Mike does come through, and soon, because this has really taken a lot longer, than the 2 weeks that I was told. I'm going to have pick up my wheels this weekend, because I feel bad about having the wheel shop hold my wheels for so long. Once again, I'm not trying to slander dippedparts.

All I am trying to do, is share my experience, it's up to you, if you decide to use them. The pictures on their website shows really good quality work, and they are pretty known, especially in the Honda scene. They even did a titanium valve cover, for one of the guys here on zilvia, and his car is gracing the cover of a magazine, so that says something about their work. Anyhow, I'm keeping my fingers crossed, and I will update this thread, with any new information that arises.

As of today September 25th, I have filed a claim with paypal, because I still haven't received my bolts yet. Here's a quick update, of what's been going on.

September 17th: Mikey tells me that he was able to find replacement VSKF bolts for my wheels, and even sends me a picture of him holding a couple of them. I'm happy, and it looks as though he is going to come through this time.

That same Saturday, I ask him if I can expect to have the bolts in my possession, by this coming Friday. He tells me that he is 90% sure, but that he will have to check with his uncle. He says he'll call me on Monday, or Tuesday to confirm.

Monday goes by, and so does Tuesday. No call, not text. So, I call him on Thursday, and he tells me that everything is on schedule, and that shipping on Friday, is a guarantee, and that he would call/text me with the tracking number.

On both Friday, and Saturday I call Mikey, and he doesn't answer, or reply to any of my texts. I'm really getting upset at this point, but there is nothing that I can do. So, I wait.

Sunday the 25th (today). I call Mikey up 3 times today, with no answer. At this point, I'm pretty fed up, with the way this situation is being handled, so I log onto paypal, and file an item not received claim. After doing so, I text Mikey, telling him what I did, and that I would drop the claim, when I would receive my bolts.

He replies to my text stating: "Yeah, go ahead and do that then!!! That's koo I left town Saturday my grandpa is about to pass away so I have been with my family." So I ask him, if my bolts were shipped on Friday or not. I also ask him that every time he is about to ship out my bolts, something dramatic happens. Last time his car was stolen, with my bolts in it. This time it's his grandpa. He tells me that the bolts were shipped, he just doesn't have the tracking number yet. Stating that he didn't have a chance to talk to his uncle or cousin, before leaving town to go be with his family.

I explain to him, that I have been calm, and understanding throughout this whole ordeal, but I needed my goddamn bolts. He then tells me that he has come through every time he told me. Which isn't true at all, because he has lied many times already, here are some examples:

1. He told me that my bolts would be done within 2 weeks, if not faster. We are now almost at 2 months.

2. He tells me to paypal him, while the bolts are in transit to him, so that they can purchase the gold, and have it ready by the time my bolts get there. So I do. 2 weeks later, he tells me that they haven't bought the gold yet, because there were some complications.

3. He tells me that my bolts have been shipped out already, and that they should have already been there. Then, when I tell him that I haven't gotten anything, and that's it's been over a week, he tells me that his uncle still had the bolts at the shop!!! He then says, it's a good thing though, because some of the bolts weren't up to par, and that he would have them re-plate them. This is before they ended up disappearing along with his "stolen" vehicle.

As you can see, it's hard for me to believe anything this guy says at this point. He always has a reason, or someone to blame for not getting the product out, and I'm sick of it. The shop that is fixing my wheels, is cool enough to have stored my wheels for as long as they have.

I even gave the guy a little extra cash, for a storage fee, even though he didn't ask for it. Now, imagine if I really needed my bolts by a certain time, for example I wanted to enter into a show. I would have been ****ed. If you decide to go through this company, remember that I am not the only person that has waited a long time, or has had problems with this company.

As stated before, I'll update this once I get my bolts. IF I get my bolts. I'll share how I feel about the quality of the work, but I cannot in good nature recommend this company, due to what I have gone through.
Old 10-16-2011, 09:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by speedgod^s13
I'd like to share what I am going through, with the company dipppedparts.com. I am a 240 person, but being as Mikey posts here often, and gets a lot of business through this site, it made sense to make an account to share my situation.

What this company does, is dip pretty much any car part you choose, in chrome, chrome colors, or gold. Now that you have an idea of what they do, I'll move on to my situation with this company. Keep in mind, that this isn't over, so this isn't a negative review. I'm just stating what has been happening up to this point, to help others decide on if in fact, they do want to use this company for their services.

Onto to the story. So, I decided to have my Work vskf's rebuilt, due to curbs on the lips. Since my wheels were apart, I decided that I was going to have the wheel bolts gold plated. 2 of the bolts were stripped during the removal process, so I had to buy new ones. Turns out, Work USA doesn't stock vskf bolts, and that they aren't the same size as the vsxx, or rezax. Which means I had to pay a good amount, to get several replacement bolts from Japan. So, I get the replacement bolts, and get in touch with Mike from dippedparts.com.

I ask him how long will the dipping take, and he replies that it could take up to 2 weeks, but usually never that long. So, I was like ok, sounds good. I send the bolts usps priority which usually takes 3-5 days, to reach the states. The package end up getting lost for a few days, and finally gets to Mike around August 5th-8th. During the transit of my bolts, I had already paid Mike, which was our agreement, so that he could purchase the gold needed to plate my bolts.

So now, more than 2 weeks pass, and my bolts still aren't done. When asked why, Mike states that they only buy gold every Monday. But, the delivery is late, and hasn't come yet. I'm like OK, I'll wait. I call him a week later, and he tells me that it's gonna be in the mail, the following week. Keep in mind, that my wheels are still at the rebuilding shop, throughout this whole process, and he isn't too happy about storing my wheels for this long.

So, last week I call Mike again on Thursday of last week, telling him that my bolts are still not here yet, and that I really need them back asap. He tells me that his uncle, (who is actually the guy that owns the shop that does the dipping/plating work) already sent it out! He then tells me, that he is going to go to the shop on Friday, to see what was going on, and would call me to let me know. He does call me on Friday, and tells me the reason why I didn't get the bolts yet, was because they were still at the shop! He states that It's a good thing that they weren't sent out, because several bolts, weren't plated up to par. So, he would those re-plated, and sent out today via FedEx next day, if possible, if not 2-3 day.

I'm really getting frustrated at this point, but there is nothing that I can do. So, Mike calls me this morning at 5:27 AM pacific time, and since I was sleeping I didn't pick up. I call him back when I wake up, and throughout the day, since he wasn't picking up. I get in touch with him at 3 pm, and he tells me that the bolts were all packed up, and his car ready to be shipped, when his wife notifies him that his car is no longer in the driveway!! It was stolen, with my bolts in it!! He tells me that he is going to replace my bolts, and I tell him that I had to order my bolts from Work Japan. He tells me that he has a lot of friends that bring in wheels and stuff, so sourcing them won't be a problem. Once he locates them, he will have them plated the same day he receives them, and have them shipped out asap.

When I ask him, if I can get a refund, he states that the money I sent him, was already used to buy the gold to plate my bolts, which is understandable. But, I am kind of worried, because I'm almost out of time, to file a paypal claim, although I'm not sure if I am indeed being taken for a ride or not. At this point, I don't really know what to do. I'm hoping that Mike does come through, and soon, because this has really taken a lot longer, than the 2 weeks that I was told. I'm going to have pick up my wheels this weekend, because I feel bad about having the wheel shop hold my wheels for so long. Once again, I'm not trying to slander dippedparts.

All I am trying to do, is share my experience, it's up to you, if you decide to use them. The pictures on their website shows really good quality work, and they are pretty known, especially in the Honda scene. They even did a titanium valve cover, for one of the guys here on zilvia, and his car is gracing the cover of a magazine, so that says something about their work. Anyhow, I'm keeping my fingers crossed, and I will update this thread, with any new information that arises.

As of today September 25th, I have filed a claim with paypal, because I still haven't received my bolts yet. Here's a quick update, of what's been going on.

September 17th: Mikey tells me that he was able to find replacement VSKF bolts for my wheels, and even sends me a picture of him holding a couple of them. I'm happy, and it looks as though he is going to come through this time.

That same Saturday, I ask him if I can expect to have the bolts in my possession, by this coming Friday. He tells me that he is 90% sure, but that he will have to check with his uncle. He says he'll call me on Monday, or Tuesday to confirm.

Monday goes by, and so does Tuesday. No call, not text. So, I call him on Thursday, and he tells me that everything is on schedule, and that shipping on Friday, is a guarantee, and that he would call/text me with the tracking number.

On both Friday, and Saturday I call Mikey, and he doesn't answer, or reply to any of my texts. I'm really getting upset at this point, but there is nothing that I can do. So, I wait.

Sunday the 25th (today). I call Mikey up 3 times today, with no answer. At this point, I'm pretty fed up, with the way this situation is being handled, so I log onto paypal, and file an item not received claim. After doing so, I text Mikey, telling him what I did, and that I would drop the claim, when I would receive my bolts.

He replies to my text stating: "Yeah, go ahead and do that then!!! That's koo I left town Saturday my grandpa is about to pass away so I have been with my family." So I ask him, if my bolts were shipped on Friday or not. I also ask him that every time he is about to ship out my bolts, something dramatic happens. Last time his car was stolen, with my bolts in it. This time it's his grandpa. He tells me that the bolts were shipped, he just doesn't have the tracking number yet. Stating that he didn't have a chance to talk to his uncle or cousin, before leaving town to go be with his family.

I explain to him, that I have been calm, and understanding throughout this whole ordeal, but I needed my goddamn bolts. He then tells me that he has come through every time he told me. Which isn't true at all, because he has lied many times already, here are some examples:

1. He told me that my bolts would be done within 2 weeks, if not faster. We are now almost at 2 months.

2. He tells me to paypal him, while the bolts are in transit to him, so that they can purchase the gold, and have it ready by the time my bolts get there. So I do. 2 weeks later, he tells me that they haven't bought the gold yet, because there were some complications.

3. He tells me that my bolts have been shipped out already, and that they should have already been there. Then, when I tell him that I haven't gotten anything, and that's it's been over a week, he tells me that his uncle still had the bolts at the shop!!! He then says, it's a good thing though, because some of the bolts weren't up to par, and that he would have them re-plate them. This is before they ended up disappearing along with his "stolen" vehicle.

As you can see, it's hard for me to believe anything this guy says at this point. He always has a reason, or someone to blame for not getting the product out, and I'm sick of it. The shop that is fixing my wheels, is cool enough to have stored my wheels for as long as they have.

I even gave the guy a little extra cash, for a storage fee, even though he didn't ask for it. Now, imagine if I really needed my bolts by a certain time, for example I wanted to enter into a show. I would have been ****ed. If you decide to go through this company, remember that I am not the only person that has waited a long time, or has had problems with this company.

As stated before, I'll update this once I get my bolts. IF I get my bolts. I'll share how I feel about the quality of the work, but I cannot in good nature recommend this company, due to what I have gone through.

Holli ****. I am so glad i came across this thread...Any updates on their service??
I was ready to send out my bolts to this guy tomorrow, but after reading a thread like this and a few other threads on here about dippedparts, I'm not sure if i trust the guy anymore...

Gonna call him tomorrow to see if i can drop the parts off myself since I'm in SD and his shop is in LA. I'll keep you guys posted.
Old 10-17-2011, 05:30 PM
Trial User

Originally Posted by blazetypes
Holli ****. I am so glad i came across this thread...Any updates on their service??
I was ready to send out my bolts to this guy tomorrow, but after reading a thread like this and a few other threads on here about dippedparts, I'm not sure if i trust the guy anymore...

Gonna call him tomorrow to see if i can drop the parts off myself since I'm in SD and his shop is in LA. I'll keep you guys posted.
I did get my parts back, after telling Mikey that I filed a paypal claim. They shipped it out next day air, which I was surprised to find out. But, since they shipped it out on Friday, I still didn't get it until Monday. You may get a better turn around time, just because you are so close to the shop, that you can go in person. It's really too bad, that the customer service side of this company is so bad. The work that they did, was really good. I really wanted to have more work done through them, but I don't like gambling with my parts. Hopefully, they can improve their customer service and turn around times, then, I might just use them again.
Old 10-19-2011, 01:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I also took my work meisters to dipped parts and consulted with Mikey.. Before I took my rims to him I asked him how long would the process take.. He said about 2 months just in time for nisei! When the time was near I called him but never answered or replied to the text.. 2 days before the show he eventually got back to me and said my rims weren't done and that they were having problems getting my color or some BS like that.. It got me angry at first cuz he didn't live up to his word.. I'm usually a very patient guy and i let this one slide for now..3 months passed by.. No update on my rims what so ever until I called him.. No reply! When I finally got a hold of him he gave me the run around telling me it was done and he would personally drop them off to me.. I waited and waited and nothing!! Got me really angry.. Took me 11 damn months to get my rims!!! Told me he would give me money back but didn't have it at the time and that he would send it through PayPal.. Bullshit!! Never returned my messages!! Until this day 7 months later I haven't recieved my money! So if you're reading this Mikey.. Where's the money you still owe me??
Old 10-24-2011, 07:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

this is really ****ed. I hope he realizes that he might do this to wrong guy and they might end up ****ing him up for doing this. I really wanted to send my wheels to him, but with this kind of feedback, I really don't know.
Old 10-26-2011, 05:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by H.I CTR
this is really ****ed. I hope he realizes that he might do this to wrong guy and they might end up ****ing him up for doing this. I really wanted to send my wheels to him, but with this kind of feedback, I really don't know.
plane tickets are cheap... but seriously some of you guys.. we have this awesome legal system in america... and you can SUE anther american...

it really speeds things up.... how anyone can wait over a month... two.. ten!!! is there own fault.

just start a small claims case..