Northwest Alaska, Idaho, Montana, Oregon, Washington, Wyoming

Oly/Lacey/Tum area

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2011, 08:44 AM
H-T White Ops

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Re: Oly/Lacey/Tum area

Originally Posted by project93hatch
dont worrie chris ill be there to help ya fix all those snaped axles bro!!!!

@NOFX-were you in the crx
Yes.

My HF glass transmission went boom. Still waiting for the shop to call me back. I called this morning and was told by an employee that he thinks they looked at the car some last night, but his boss wasn't in this morning and he'd have him call me once he's in.

I think it's time for another phone call.
Old 08-26-2011, 09:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HuiDC2
^^^ definitely looks like things are coming together for you!! Your setup is gonna be snapping axles like crazy lol
God I hope not.. thats why im not gonna be launching it im just gonna ease into boost haha cuz I cant afford to replace transmissions and axles once a week. I might take it to the track a few times just to see how she does but this is my daily so i dont want to beat on it all the time. but a little spirited driving never hurt anyone

I painted the Head last night to match the block.

Last edited by H22AFerio; 08-26-2011 at 09:42 AM.
Old 08-26-2011, 10:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by NOFX
Got to DE. Blew a tire in Ohio. And just a few hours ago my transmission went BOOM.
So u moved to DE Huh the east coast scene is way different from the west coast.
Old 08-26-2011, 10:45 AM
H-T White Ops

Originally Posted by mr.bronx75
So u moved to DE Huh the east coast scene is way different from the west coast.
Yes it is. Last I was here it was more like everyone knew everyone and it was more about the people liking the cars than dick measuring Seattle kids who only care what's done to your car and how much mom and dad's bank account has to help fund their Civic build.

I still have to come back and pick up some stuff, but then it'll be final.
Old 08-26-2011, 10:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Yes it is. Last I was here it was more like everyone knew everyone and it was more about the people liking the cars than dick measuring Seattle kids who only care what's done to your car and how much mom and dad's bank account has to help fund their Civic build.

well amy best of luck over there keep in touch be nice to hear from ya.
Old 08-26-2011, 11:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

OMG! that is soooo true I hope you get everything sorted out with your ride
Old 08-26-2011, 11:06 AM
H-T White Ops

Originally Posted by Street_sleeper
well amy best of luck over there keep in touch be nice to hear from ya.
Thanks. I'm still subscribed to this thread, so unless you guys really let it die or something, I'll keep stopping in every so often.
Originally Posted by H22AFerio
OMG! that is soooo true I hope you get everything sorted out with your ride
Sorry if that sounded like I was accusing anyone in here btw. I know it happens all around, but it just seemed very concentrated in the northern area there, like Seattle and all.

Hondas and Honda enthusiasts are hard to come by over here though, believe it or not. I was extremely lucky to find my red coupe for sale when I needed it, because finding a clean car, much less a red EX like I wanted, was unlikely! Most of your cars would be seen as uncommon out here.

I even only saw ONE CRX on the entire trip across the states. A Torino Red one in the midwest iirc.

I hope I get it sorted too. Wish I'd had this happen back there! Here I found an Si trans for $300, there I've found a few for $175. Plus I don't know who could install it here without charging an arm and a leg. I have no tools or upper body strength and a hurricane is coming our way as well.

The good news is I have a good friend here who will whisk me away in his 2010 Si coupe if we need to get out of here. Just hope the CRX doesn't get much water damage.
Old 08-26-2011, 11:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Thanks. I'm still subscribed to this thread, so unless you guys really let it die or something, I'll keep stopping in every so often.

Sorry if that sounded like I was accusing anyone in here btw. I know it happens all around, but it just seemed very concentrated in the northern area there, like Seattle and all.

Hondas and Honda enthusiasts are hard to come by over here though, believe it or not. I was extremely lucky to find my red coupe for sale when I needed it, because finding a clean car, much less a red EX like I wanted, was unlikely! Most of your cars would be seen as uncommon out here.

I even only saw ONE CRX on the entire trip across the states. A Torino Red one in the midwest iirc.

I hope I get it sorted too. Wish I'd had this happen back there! Here I found an Si trans for $300, there I've found a few for $175. Plus I don't know who could install it here without charging an arm and a leg. I have no tools or upper body strength and a hurricane is coming our way as well.

The good news is I have a good friend here who will whisk me away in his 2010 Si coupe if we need to get out of here. Just hope the CRX doesn't get much water damage.
wow cant beat that price on the tranz! good luck.
Old 08-26-2011, 01:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

OMG STAY SAFE WITH THAT HURRICANE AND ALL!! sure hope that coupe is no where near that hurricane.
Old 08-26-2011, 02:02 PM
H-T White Ops

wow cant beat that price on the tranz! good luck.
Well, the $175 priced ones are in WA and the pricier ones are on the east coast. Fewer Hondas out here.
OMG STAY SAFE WITH THAT HURRICANE AND ALL!! sure hope that coupe is no where near that hurricane.
The coupe is luckily still in WA. The CRX is out here with me, but at a shop right now and I need to track down a transmission for it. I got quoted $800 for parts and labor though, which I don't think it that horrible. I asked if he could price an Si tranny instead of the HF one he had priced (price of trans being $350 btw).
Old 08-26-2011, 02:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

^^ ouch that is pricey for the tranny. yes that is not bad though for labor and parts i guess.but hey you need you car running so gotta do what you gotta do.
Old 08-26-2011, 02:49 PM
H-T White Ops

^^ ouch that is pricey for the tranny. yes that is not bad though for labor and parts i guess.but hey you need you car running so gotta do what you gotta do.
Better than the $1700 quote for a rebuilt tranny without install.
Old 08-26-2011, 04:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

good lord! that better be with LSD!!!!
Old 08-26-2011, 05:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

very true!
Old 08-26-2011, 08:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Might be nice to beef up your axles Chris
My little a6 rex broke one strait in half...because of torque or course.... Not like my motor mount snapped and dropped my tranny on my axle. lol. That 92whp will get you. Anyways good luck with your build and all the **** that's going on man. I'm still waiting for parts for the high comp mini-me build. Hopefully ill see you all soon.
Old 08-26-2011, 10:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by der schutter
Might be nice to beef up your axles Chris
My little a6 rex broke one strait in half...because of torque or course.... Not like my motor mount snapped and dropped my tranny on my axle. lol. That 92whp will get you. Anyways good luck with your build and all the **** that's going on man. I'm still waiting for parts for the high comp mini-me build. Hopefully ill see you all soon.
yeah man im gonna have too! yes sir that crx had torque for days! . thanks man she is getting pretty close to being finished. its just taking time and money and I dont have enough of either haha. good luck with your build as well let me know if you need help.
Old 08-27-2011, 02:54 AM
H-T White Ops

good lord! that better be with LSD!!!!
very true!
It sucks because I know how easy a manual tranny swap is, but I have no tools and help is scarce. I mean, there might be a few people I know of, but I've either not seen them in years or not officially met them yet (like bf's brother)...

So with the current conditions I'm dealing with, $800 is a steal for parts and labor for a tranny swap! Did have to pay $145 or so for the tow truck though. I suppose he did double as a taxi in a world that otherwise does not have taxis.
Old 08-27-2011, 11:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

yeah man im gonna have too! yes sir that crx had torque for days! . thanks man she is getting pretty close to being finished. its just taking time and money and I dont have enough of either haha. good luck with your build as well let me know if you need help.
Thanks a lot for the offer. Ill hit you up if i run into any road blocks. Should be a smooth swap, but those seam to never exist.
Old 08-27-2011, 11:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by der schutter
Thanks a lot for the offer. Ill hit you up if i run into any road blocks. Should be a smooth swap, but those seam to never exist.
haha np man. Yeah I know how that goes, there is always little snags here and there.
Old 08-27-2011, 07:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

what up guys! see you all at wally world tomorrow@ 7-8!!!!

@ alec you going to have that done by ifo! well cosidering its this coming weekend maybe not? yes sir them snags happen always! man wen i did my swap and 5 speed conversion someone sold me b series linkage instead of d linkage i was lik f***k! did not even look at it till i went to put it in....... then kevin had to drive me around to find the right SH*t..
Old 08-28-2011, 09:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

what up guys! see you all at wally world tomorrow@ 7-8!!!!

@ alec you going to have that done by ifo! well cosidering its this coming weekend maybe not? yes sir them snags happen always! man wen i did my swap and 5 speed conversion someone sold me b series linkage instead of d linkage i was lik f***k! did not even look at it till i went to put it in....... then kevin had to drive me around to find the right SH*t..
haha I remember you telling me that, I would be pissed! I'll try to make it by im sure I can
Old 08-28-2011, 11:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

heres that link "kevin" b20/vtec- ls/vtec thread...https://honda-tech.com/forums/all-motor-naturally-aspirated-44/how-build-%22reliable%22-lsvtec-b20vtec-1676914/

@H22CB7/JOHN- post up those pics you took at the meet! but blurrrrrr..... licence plates lol
i should be there
Old 08-28-2011, 11:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

ok im doing a b20 v build anybody know the highest compression pistons you can run with out having to sleeve the block. its going to be an NA build,
Old 08-28-2011, 11:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

The sleeves are gonna crack it might run fine for awhile with a good tune. you might be able to run 11.6:1 with pump gas and a great tune but that would be pushing it anything over that I would be running 100+ octane fuel. but somthing is gonna give and its not gonna be the piston or the head it will be the block. check out this thread good info here

https://honda-tech.com/forums/all-motor-naturally-aspirated-44/b20-vtec-sleeves-strong-enough-high-cr-pistons-1539394/
Old 08-28-2011, 12:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

ya the sleeve on the b20 is fairly weak.

Quick Reply: Oly/Lacey/Tum area