Northwest Alaska, Idaho, Montana, Oregon, Washington, Wyoming

Oly/Lacey/Tum area

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2011, 05:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Oly/Lacey/Tum area

Yeah i didn't think it was, the valve cover dossnt scream it loud enough. haha
Cant wait to see that beast turbo, its going to be a mean lean fighting machine. Well maybe not lean... It is a 4dr EG after all. haha. Just playin man i love your car. Ill trad you strait across after you boost it =P
Old 08-15-2011, 08:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Hate to double post but i have a quick tech question.
This might sound like a dumb question but whatever.
So i sent my block to the machine shop to get it bored and hot tanked. Somehow they scraped the top and have to mill it so i don't have head gasket problems. I'm going to be running p29 spec domed pistons (stock a6 just has flat top). I also have a z6 head I'm going to throw on it. I have just a z6 head gasket i was going to use but do you think now with having to get the block milled i will have clearance problems and need a thicker one? The z6 head fits a little lower than the a6 one and uses a thinner head gasket. I would imagine it would be fine but this is my first complete build and I'm not sure what to expect. I'm more worried about having higher compression than i wanted, but then i guess then it just all matters in the tune.

Thanks, Alec

Last edited by der schutter; 08-15-2011 at 10:21 AM.
Old 08-15-2011, 08:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

heres that link "kevin" b20/vtec- ls/vtec thread...https://honda-tech.com/forums/all-motor-naturally-aspirated-44/how-build-%22reliable%22-lsvtec-b20vtec-1676914/

@H22CB7/JOHN- post up those pics you took at the meet! but blurrrrrr..... licence plates lol

Last edited by project93hatch; 08-15-2011 at 01:44 PM.
Old 08-15-2011, 11:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by der schutter
Yeah i didn't think it was, the valve cover dossnt scream it loud enough. haha
Cant wait to see that beast turbo, its going to be a mean lean fighting machine. Well maybe not lean... It is a 4dr EG after all. haha. Just playin man i love your car. Ill trad you strait across after you boost it =P
haha yeah the letters are not big enough so im upping the size jk thanks man I hope so, I cant wait!! god I hope it doesnt lean out lol.. yup just a slow grocery getter trade? sure why not after I pull the motor haha

Hate to double post but i have a quick tech question.
This might sound like a dumb question but whatever.
So i sent my block to the machine shop to get it bored and hot tanked. Somehow they scraped the top and have to mill it so i don't have head gasket problems. I'm going to be running p29 spec domed pistons (stock a6 just has flat top). I also have a z6 head I'm going to throw on it. I have just a z6 head gasket i was going to use but do you think now with having to get the block milled i will have clearance problems and need a thicker one? The z6 head fits a little lower than the a6 one and uses a thinner head gasket. I would imagine it would be fine but this is my first complete build and I'm not sure what to expect. I'm more worried about having higher compression than i wanted, but then i guess then it just all matters in the tune.

Thanks, Alec
It all depends... It depends on how much they deck the block, It also depends on whether or not the valve reliefs on the piston with clear the valves on the Z6 head after the block is decked.. because the d16 a6 is non vtec and most of the time they have different size reliefs so when you start decking the head or the block it brings the piston closer to the valves(DUH!). For example when you do a b20 vtec and you use a gsr head(decked) with a high lift cam stage 2 ect.. there is a possibility that the intake valves with hit the piston because the reliefs were set up for the non vtec head with stock cams. the best way to find out is to clay the motor. This can be done pretty easy let me find a link. I hope this helps.

How to clay a D16 and much more!
http://www.d-series.org/forums/showc...rated-fun.html

http://www.superhonda.com/forum/f55/...-motor-126827/

Last edited by H22AFerio; 08-15-2011 at 11:45 AM.
Old 08-15-2011, 12:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Thanks for the links.
From what Ive been reading the clearance should be okay, but ill be running 12:5 to 13:1 comp. Which just might be a little to much for my daily driver. Ill have to try that clay trick for sure though. I think I'm going to search around for a good thicker head gasket that can drop my comp nicely, and then not worry about smashing my valves when vtec is engaged.

Last edited by der schutter; 08-15-2011 at 04:11 PM.
Old 08-15-2011, 05:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by H22AFerio
It all depends... It depends on how much they deck the block, It also depends on whether or not the valve reliefs on the piston with clear the valves on the Z6 head after the block is decked.. because the d16 a6 is non vtec and most of the time they have different size reliefs so when you start decking the head or the block it brings the piston closer to the valves(DUH!). For example when you do a b20 vtec and you use a gsr head(decked) with a high lift cam stage 2 ect.. there is a possibility that the intake valves with hit the piston because the reliefs were set up for the non vtec head with stock cams. the best way to find out is to clay the motor. This can be done pretty easy let me find a link. I hope this helps.

How to clay a D16 and much more!
http://www.d-series.org/forums/showc...rated-fun.html

http://www.superhonda.com/forum/f55/...-motor-126827/
no he's not running a6 pistons there the domed vtec ones so relief size to valve size woulnt come it to afect. but most of the time when they deck its only like .005 thousandths so it woulnt make a big difference for compretion like just a few points but for sure make sure you clay it to make sure.
Old 08-15-2011, 05:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by ek4_carl
no he's not running a6 pistons there the domed vtec ones so relief size to valve size woulnt come it to afect. but most of the time when they deck its only like .005 thousandths so it woulnt make a big difference for compretion like just a few points but for sure make sure you clay it to make sure.
Oh ok I thought he was running the A6 piston. what piston are you running?
yes clay is your friend!
Old 08-15-2011, 07:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I'm running .020 over sized p29 spec pistons ( same as the d16a1) and same as the pm7 (i believe that's the code) from the dohc zc. So there not vtec ones(unless Carl somehow got me vtec ones which would be rad) haha . Had to deck it .006 thousandths. The machinist guy said it would only effect compression by about one little point. I would just like to try and keep it under 13:1 or at least no higher. I know if its to high for me i can get a head gasket to drop it down to 12:5 or even into the elevens. And then have no worry whatsoever about valve clearance (even though i haven't read a single thing about not having valve clearance with these pistons). But i already paid for a z6 head gasket and am running low on money. haha.
Old 08-15-2011, 08:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Another missed meet for me sorry guys...my boys niece had a fund raiser and I totally forgot about it. She has leukemia for the third time and she's only 4 She needs all the help she can get, they are having a car wash to help raise money for treatment/medical bills next week sometime. I will find out when and where and I expect to see everyone there!!! any who how was the meet??
Old 08-15-2011, 08:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I'm running .020 over sized p29 spec pistons ( same as the d16a1) and same as the pm7 (i believe that's the code) from the dohc zc. So there not vtec ones(unless Carl somehow got me vtec ones which would be rad) haha . Had to deck it .006 thousandths. The machinist guy said it would only effect compression by about one little point. I would just like to try and keep it under 13:1 or at least no higher. I know if its to high for me i can get a head gasket to drop it down to 12:5 or even into the elevens. And then have no worry whatsoever about valve clearance (even though i haven't read a single thing about not having valve clearance with these pistons). But i already paid for a z6 head gasket and am running low on money. haha.
oh i didnt know they are non vtec ones.. hmm
Old 08-17-2011, 09:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I finally got my head back from the machine shop! here are a few pics. I just have to replace the valve seals and its ready to go on the turbo block

when I pulled the head I foud out who ever owned my blown H22 motor before my dumbass bought it had put some work into it it has Supertech valve springs and possibly some aftermarket cams! I'm gonna measure the lobes and verify this.stay tuned!!
Old 08-17-2011, 09:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

nice dude.. in for results lol
Old 08-17-2011, 12:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by project93hatch
nice dude.. in for results lol
haha thanks man! I have to go to the honda dealership... I was replacing the intake valve seals and when i compressed the spring one of the retainer cotters went flying through the air and I could not find it
Old 08-17-2011, 05:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

haha thanks man! I have to go to the honda dealership... I was replacing the intake valve seals and when i compressed the spring one of the retainer cotters went flying through the air and I could not find it
lol thats why u did not text back ! to busy lookin for parts did you check the specs on those cams...

ALSO ANYONE WANT TO ROLL WITH. i will be cruizin up to check it out!

We are having our Grand-Re-Opening Dyno Day, Saturday - August 20th - 2011. 11AM-4PM. Everybody is welcome but our high HP contest will only be open to Honda and Acura powered vehicles.

Dyno pulls will cost only $30, and there will be prizes for the highest HP all-motor and the highest HP boosted setups. Food and drinks will also be provided!

We will also have some professional stunt bikers on site performing stunts for your, additional, entertainment. Can you say "high chair 360 wheelie"? IT'S WORTH CHECKING OUT!

Visit our shop in downtown Tacoma, (by the Tacoma Dome)

NEW LOCATION

Fluid Motorsports
409 East 26th St.
Tacoma, WA 98421

Last edited by project93hatch; 08-18-2011 at 07:52 AM.
Old 08-18-2011, 09:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

That sounds like fun! ^ I wish i could make it... and the cams ended up being Jdm h22 cams btw! but im going to take them to delta for a nice stage 2 turbo regrind.

Last edited by H22AFerio; 08-18-2011 at 10:03 AM.
Old 08-18-2011, 10:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I got a clean and quick Suzuki rm 125 that im trying to trade for a b series swap if anyone is interested or if you know anyone! Any B series besides LS just hit me up with offers!

Old 08-18-2011, 12:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

That sounds like fun! ^ I wish i could make it... and the cams ended up being Jdm h22 cams btw! but im going to take them to delta for a nice stage 2 turbo regrind.
right on man!
Old 08-18-2011, 01:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

right on man!
I havent decided what to do I was bs'n with brandon(green hatch) ans state 2 is not good for turbo.. so im going to call delta and se what i shopuld do because i dont want to get a second job to pay for gas haha

UPDATE: I just got off the phone with john at delta cam and he can do both cams for 180 bux! so im gonna do that and its a stage 1 turbo cam with higher lift and more durilation so im going to put those springs to work
Old 08-18-2011, 02:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by HuiDC2
Another missed meet for me sorry guys...my boys niece had a fund raiser and I totally forgot about it. She has leukemia for the third time and she's only 4 She needs all the help she can get, they are having a car wash to help raise money for treatment/medical bills next week sometime. I will find out when and where and I expect to see everyone there!!! any who how was the meet??
just seen this!!!!LET US KNOW MAN! i can atleast spred the word!
and the meet was a pretty good turn out....

@chris- how long is the turn around time on those cams
Old 08-18-2011, 02:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

just seen this!!!!LET US KNOW MAN! i can atleast spred the word!
and the meet was a pretty good turn out....

@chris- how long is the turn around time on those cams
he said a few weeks... but I was hoping to have them done before then.. oh well it will have alot better gains over stock jdm h22 cams so its worth it..

Originally Posted by HuiDC2
Another missed meet for me sorry guys...my boys niece had a fund raiser and I totally forgot about it. She has leukemia for the third time and she's only 4 She needs all the help she can get, they are having a car wash to help raise money for treatment/medical bills next week sometime. I will find out when and where and I expect to see everyone there!!!
Just let us know man Ill be there as well!
Old 08-18-2011, 03:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I havent decided what to do I was bs'n with brandon(green hatch) ans state 2 is not good for turbo.. so im going to call delta and se what i shopuld do because i dont want to get a second job to pay for gas haha

UPDATE: I just got off the phone with john at delta cam and he can do both cams for 180 bux! so im gonna do that and its a stage 1 turbo cam with higher lift and more durilation so im going to put those springs to work
SICK!!!! DDOOO IIITTT!!!!! (you can take mine up there too by the way ill just tack on to your bill hahaha)

@frank ill post them pics up pretty soon. im pretty bad at not posting pics lol
Old 08-18-2011, 03:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by h22_cb7
SICK!!!! DDOOO IIITTT!!!!! (you can take mine up there too by the way ill just tack on to your bill hahaha)
haha yeah sure john I can do that

check out this integra its hella fresh! 300zx headlights and corvett taillights

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/290126...-acura-integra
Old 08-18-2011, 07:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

^^^^ OMG NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! RICER WARNING DONT OPEN PAGE!!!
Old 08-18-2011, 08:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

^^^^ OMG NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! RICER WARNING DONT OPEN PAGE!!!
haha not as bad as most but ricer none the less!
Old 08-19-2011, 12:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Hey guys, new around this forum. I'm working slowly on a B18 turbo build for my 2000 Civic 4dr (friggin crank pulley bolt is the bane of my existence right now!) and I'd like to meet some Honda enthusiasts from around the area. You guys have a regular meet?

Quick Reply: Oly/Lacey/Tum area