Notices
Lighting HID/Xenon kits, Retrofits and Associated Topics

Bi-Xenon Kit

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2007, 06:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bi-Xenon Kit

Just got my H4 8000K bi-xenon hid kit from xenonlink. I'm wondering why my high beam indicator is always on and when i flick it to the "REAL" high beam, it turns off the headlights completely. Checked fuses on relay and elsewhere, all ok. However, I do believe it's still low beams cuz the light is not scattered onto oncoming drivers (tested with a buddy driving towards me). Anyone else ever come across this issue with this kit or similar bi-xenon setups for H4 bulb type? (I drive a 2001 Civic EX).
Old 10-04-2007, 09:08 PM

Default Re: Bi-Xenon Kit (fongyz22)

I'm having the same problem minus the high beam indicator being on. My uncle gave me a set of 9007 extronic Bi-xenon 4300k HIDs and they fit my girlfriends cavalier so I installed them. The low beams work but the high beams just shut off when you turn them on.
Old 10-05-2007, 05:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Bi-Xenon Kit (fongyz22)

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread/2113935

Read this...i dont know what kind of crap wirings your kits has...

I am sorry but you were expecting that kit to be working when plugged in...
Old 10-05-2007, 05:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 52 Likes on 46 Posts

Stupid crap harnesses

Civics are wired to turn off the low beam filament in the H4 bulbs when the high beam comes on. You have to do some custom wiring to make the low beam (HID) stay on when you turn on the high beam function.
Old 10-05-2007, 08:06 AM

Default Re: (PatrickGSR94)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by PatrickGSR94 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Stupid crap harnesses

Civics are wired to turn off the low beam filament in the H4 bulbs when the high beam comes on. You have to do some custom wiring to make the low beam (HID) stay on when you turn on the high beam function.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I thought in stock H4 halogen bulbs, when you flick on the high beams, the filament thing in the bulb actually switches to an angle, thus creating a different pattern.

With this kit I just got, they claim that when I switch on high beam, there is a "shield" that slides back and forth to control where the light is refracted to....

I took a look at the diagram that devani posted on the other thread...not that complicated, but after testing, what to do with the wires? Splicing and stuff doesn't fit me too well....but if I must, I will... Any one else have thought on this?

Btw, my setup for my kit goes as follows...

ONE relay (1 wire to pos. battery w/ 20amp fuse, 1 to neg. battery) ---&gt; 2 Ballasts (Igniter Built-In) ---&gt; Power Inverter (1 per ballast) ---&gt; HID bulbs w/ shield.

If you need a physical picture I'll get that up as soon as I can later today.
Old 10-05-2007, 08:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 52 Likes on 46 Posts

H4's are a dual filament bulb. Each filament is in a different position to direct the light in a different direction. Most all dual-filament applications switch off the low beam when you go to high beam, because both filaments on at once time inside the bulb would be too much heat for a single bulb to handle.

So for HID's, you have to modify the stock wiring to make the low beam stay on when you switch to high beam. Those who retrofit bi-xenon projectors have to do the same thing.

Lucky for Integra owners, the low beams stay on when switching to high beams.
Old 10-05-2007, 08:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (fongyz22)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by fongyz22 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I thought in stock H4 halogen bulbs, when you flick on the high beams, the filament thing in the bulb actually switches to an angle, thus creating a different pattern.

With this kit I just got, they claim that when I switch on high beam, there is a "shield" that slides back and forth to control where the light is refracted to....

I took a look at the diagram that devani posted on the other thread...not that complicated, but after testing, what to do with the wires? Splicing and stuff doesn't fit me too well....but if I must, I will... Any one else have thought on this?

Btw, my setup for my kit goes as follows...

ONE relay (1 wire to pos. battery w/ 20amp fuse, 1 to neg. battery) ---&gt; 2 Ballasts (Igniter Built-In) ---&gt; Power Inverter (1 per ballast) ---&gt; HID bulbs w/ shield.

If you need a physical picture I'll get that up as soon as I can later today.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I also have 01 civic EX...I have retroed FX to stock headlight....I used the ground switched harness diagram...the kit that you got turns power off to the ballast when high beams are used....
listen to Patrick....his integra keeps low with high on but not our civic...if you have one relay i know that it is not right...you could still do it...but i need to see the pics of everything is connected...
Old 10-05-2007, 10:30 AM

Default Re: (devani)

okay, so i re-read the directions, this time after having a nice long, relaxing brunch..and no programming projects whizzing in my head....i realized... i misread a small "NOTE" on the 2-page manual...

"For (-) control cars do the following.."

So they had an extra diode to control the which way the current went i guess..(not an electrician here)...along with an extra wire that controlled the negative ground or w/e.... all i know is, negative low beam to common ground like the diagram you posted in the other thread....it all came with the kit!! so no splicing for me and re-wiring etc etc. All i did was reverse the diode that didn't connect to anything BUT a blue and black wire (posi and negi) and WABAM! High beams worked for high beams and low beams were for low beams!! highbeam status didn't show anymore until i clicked highbeam. Amazing...

Sum it up, 01 civics (not sure about later years) are negative control cars for headlight socket H4 relay... So the diagram devani posted from the other thread is correct!

I'll take pics later of the extra wiring that came included with my bi-xenon kit.
Old 10-05-2007, 11:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (fongyz22)

nice...you got everything to work that is good without any cutting and splicing..