Notices

Mounts:Hybrid Racing/Starter Kit Feedback

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2009, 05:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mounts:Hybrid Racing/Starter Kit Feedback

I am getting ready to do a K20 in my 2000 si. I am looking at the hybrid racing package to get started. I drive my car on a daily basis so I am looking to keep the vibration down. I was wondering if anyone could give me any feedback and if the vibration is bad with these mounts maybe some feedback on other brands. I have included a parts list. I also need someone to give me some feedback on my parts list as well. I need this swap to happen as quick as possible once I start so I am not without a car for too long.
Thanks

Hybrid Racing Package-$1375
-DC Header
-Mounts
-Axles
-Harness
Kpro-$1000
Hybrid Radiator Relocation Kit-$20
Hybrid Fuel Line Kit-$235
Hybrid Fuel Rail-$160
Hybrid Radiator Hoses-$40
Hybrid Clutch Line-$95
Eg Crossmemember-$??
Old 09-06-2009, 12:24 PM
HT's TOP CHEF

Default Re: Mounts:Hybrid Racing/Starter Kit Feedback

Vibration with my hybrid mounts are pretty bad but them again I have NO sound deadening, no A/C no carpet or anything so with a stock car you should be okay.

As far as your parts list I think your okay. If you have money go with a better header to get some more power out of it. You could probably build your own fuel lines for cheaper as well. The radiator hoses aren't needed either. You can use your top rad hose for the swaps bottom hose and pick up a RSX top radiator hose from discount and spend like 10 bucks. Everything else you have looks okay. I'd recommend sourcing ALL thae parts first before you start. That way your down time will be very minimal. Stuff comes up, trust me on that one.
Old 09-08-2009, 07:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Andre makes good points, you're on the right track.

However, if you aren't able to make your own fuel lines then picking up a set of pre-made conversion lines isn't a bad idea.

What motor do you plan on swapping into your car? Will you be getting the shifter and shift cables as well?

-David
Old 09-08-2009, 10:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

shifter box, shifter cables, slpice in water temp sensor adapter, charge harness modification if you can't do it you have to pay someone (easy).

if the engine is going to be sitting in the corner, you ight as well pick up an RBC cam gear, RBC upper timing cover, DIY 'TODA' mod the TCT" for all under $20 each.
Old 09-08-2009, 01:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

the dc header sucks.. for the money at least get the k-tuned budget header. its stainless and less then 350 shipped
Old 09-08-2009, 06:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

yep... 2X for K-Tuned headers.
Old 09-09-2009, 08:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Thanks for the info, Im looking for a swap out of an 02-04 rsx s. I am no stranger to motor swaps. I am running an H22a right now. I am having too many problems with these old engines so I wanna get something thats only a few years old. My avid mounts that im using now are great. They are just a little stiffer than stock. I have had some bseries mounts in the past that vibrated like crazy at an idle. That drives me nuts. I plan on avoiding road blocks at all costs. I would love to take my time and do all steel braided line but with the kits I can just "bold everything up" and go hopefully even though it never seems to happen that way. K20tuned, I will be getting into contact with you on the parts. I need to find an engine first. I missed out on a swap at a local junk yard today by an hour and a half. It was out of an 02 with a jrsc and kpro. I was going to buy the whole car but someone beat me to it. Im dissapointed. If anyone knows of a good swap for sale at a decent price let me know, I live in cincinnati.
Thanks