Notices
Introduce Yourself If you're new to Honda-Tech, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your ride!!

Member Introductions

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2011, 02:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Member Introductions

Hey all, my name is Garrett, im 19 and im from California. Moved to Washington about 6 years ago now. Was never into cars much untill i bought my first one, a 95 nissan 200sx.
since then i have loved working on them and learning. I got it for super cheap and you get what you pay for, after a year and a half the engine blew on it, just because.
SO i ended up buying this a couple months ago, a 96 civic ek coupe. Lowered on idk what with some 15" rota's. Havn't done anything to it yet. Lemme know what you think!
Old 12-05-2011, 09:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by First.EG
damn ryan u change cars more then underwear lol. those are some nice cars.
I hardly think having 5 cars over a 7 year period is anything out of the ordinary. Especially when I almost always had 2 cars at any given time. I couldn't help the fact that my first civic was stolen and s13 was crashed. The only car I changed willingly was when I traded my crv for the civic I currently have.
Old 12-05-2011, 11:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

What's up guys/gals. Not exactly new but I can't remember my old username to save my life. Getting back into the scene after a brief hiatus. Just stumbled onto a '99 EM1. Past cars include 4 integras(various years/motors), a '93 civic si, AP1 and AP2 S2000s among others.
Old 12-05-2011, 02:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

What's up everyone?

My first car, back in 1998, was a Honda Prelude... parents made me sell it after my first semester of college due to shitty grades (I had a scholarship I needed to maintain), but it was the beer not the car.

Oh well...

Moved on to a 1985 Nissan 300ZX then a 1998 Ford Ranger. In between, I managed to find a job in the automotive industry, and now I write about cars.

I am a co-founder of Hooniverse.com, and was previously an associate editor at Autoblog.

When not living it up with a press car in the driveway, I turn my attention to my (free) 2000 EM1.

Story here: http://hooniverse.com/2011/11/30/pro...onda-civic-si/

So far I am enjoying reading all the thread here.. LOTS of super knowledgeable and friendly folks. I've gave away a shift **** to someone, and I just purchased (literally, today) a quick release hub and steering wheel off another (thanks again dude!)

I hope to get the car into better shape, and to do that, I plan on sticking around here for a bit...
Old 12-08-2011, 06:51 PM
Trial User

hi boys my name is Arie from israel .
i have civic 92 1600 ZC not vtec automatic gear-box .the car is stock only K&n air filter and no limet in original egzozt pip
i have abasic knowleg in mechanica, i worked in garag
and i am sory if my english is not corect,
in the fucher i wont to boost whif my car 0.5 bar (close engine). and maby mor whif the time ( 1 bar max on open engine)

Old 12-09-2011, 12:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Hello, I am Henry. I don't have any pictures of my current Honda. This account will be shared amongst my brother(s) and I. We've had a total of 7 Honda's within the past 8 years. I have personally owned 2 other Hatchbacks prior to this current one I have now. I have used this site from time to time but forgot about actually having an account. I am using my little Hatch for the winter whereas I have a 06' Cobalt SS/SC for the summer that is pretty modified. My brother and I both have 1992's. Both pretty clean bodies too. His a VX and mine a DX automatic.
Old 12-09-2011, 05:09 PM
Trial User

Sup dudes, name's Seth, and I'm from Southern California (possibly Portland, OR soon!).

I picked up this 97 Civic EX with a 00 front and rear end conversion about 4 months back. Lost my job, so I can't finish the build as fast as I'd like, but I'm slowly working on it. Completely stock (aside from DC Sport 4-2-1 Ceramic headers I installed a while back), salvaged title (go figure.. EK in So Cal..), but runs pretty good. Also, I've noticed a lot of people on this particular forum are ********.. try not to hate so much, guys! Help each other out!

Sorry for the poor quality pics! Only had my phone lol

Last edited by 94EG8; 12-10-2011 at 06:54 PM.
Old 12-09-2011, 11:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Newb checking in here, just bought a '93 coupe 5 speed as a project/daily driver. I posted a thread looking for suggestions in the EG section as well.
Old 12-10-2011, 08:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

new guy posting, I've been surfing around for the last few months since i got my civic. I've been in the car world for about 12 years but most of that was with audi's. I've had 2 a4's, a coupe Quattro, and a Ur s6. that was my fav of them for power but my 2nd a4 was the best all around.

as of now i have a 97 civic coupe, its silver.
96 gsr motor swap with a 60 trim turbo set up put together by a local shop and i. gsr tranny, stage 4 clutch. greddy BOV, no name intercooler, but nice set up all around. put down 285hp on a conservative tune. runs great and is my daily. gsr brakes, eibach/koni suspension, 17in ADR mesh wheels. and a custom 3 inch turbo back. i think that covers the basics. there is a lot that went into the swap in upgrades but i just didn't think listing the full details here is a big deal.
Old 12-10-2011, 05:26 PM
H-T White Ops

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Geez, resize your pics, some of you! MS Paint is your friend.
Old 12-10-2011, 07:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 44 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by NOFX
Geez, resize your pics, some of you! MS Paint is your friend.
Good idea NOFX. We have now set picture size limitations in this thread. The OP now includes this edited text:

***Please limit each introduction post to just a few pictures having dimensions no larger than 1024 x 768 so that this thread does not become too unwieldy.
Old 12-10-2011, 07:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Hello, I am from the eastern part of Canada, on the Maine border (very close to the US). I figured it was about time I joined a forum.
I own a 01 SI, k20 swap, 60-1 (upgrading to gt35 this winter) made 403whp@ 14lbs, 11.9 @ 118mph 1/4 on stock block, building the block this winter and going for 500whp and low 11's.

also building a 97 cx with boosted D series as a winter/DD.

I with a friend, run a small Fab shop, we specialize in: SS, aluminum welding, from IC piping to Turbo Manifolds. we do ceramic coating, powder coating, along with custom FiberGlass and Carbon Fiber parts.

Here are a few pics.

Old 12-11-2011, 07:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

My name is Brandon, I just got my ej8. Had her about 2 months so far, plenty of work put in on her. Perviously had a stock 90 Integra Gs, and a 92 eg Si as far as Hondas go. I have owned a 98 Mazda Millenia S, and 1992 S13 Coupe with an sr20. So far I have put the Tein Basics from my EG on the EJ, f7 rear lcas, power slot csr front rotors, powerstop ceramic front pads, front and rear strut bars, s2 shift **** (I have the s2 dual bend, just to lazy to install), ctr style headlights, and I painted the faded grill. Future plans, are a poor man's type r, Tein Super Streets, energy suspension bushings (black), Stance Mindset wheels, camber kit (havent decided on what company yet), and some nice tires. Then off to autocross and the track.

Before she was mine, sitting at the shop waiting for the final word on sale from the Original Owner.

I love my Cairn Terrier, and my Ej8.

Ready for the block to be bored!

CTR style headlights, before I painted the grill. You can see how faded and bad looking it is.

After I painted the grill, you can see it looks much better now. I think overall I spent about $15. One can of Duplicolor Adhesion Promoter, and One can of Duplicolor Black Bumer Coating.

My dad's 240, and my ej. I miss my nissan power, but I love my Honda. Torn between two worlds.

Also have my 1996 Ford Bronco XLT 5.8l.
Old 12-11-2011, 08:56 AM
Trial User

hello guys my name is ron i'm 20 years old from las vegas...
i'm a military brat whose now in college, growing up i've always been
into cars, starting with working on cars with my uncle with lowriders and
and hot rods...being an import guy i got into hondas with my friend
building a turbo gsr integra...after that moved to japan, i owned a r32 skyline,
a c33 laurel, a jzx90 mark II...then moving back to vegas a year ago, i bought a 1991 ef sedan where i put some no name coilovers on it, h.i.d's, 3 in exhaust, lip, dc sports sideskirts, front mid and rear torsion bar, rear disc brakes from an integra, short shifter, nrg hub with nrg quick release and wheel. GSR front seats and carpet, kenwood head unit, kenwood 6x9's all around, kenwood 1000w amp, 10in kenwood sub, 15 in steelies...soon the motor blew on that car was a stock d16, sold it and bought a 1993 honda civic sedan, so far it's all stock, nothing but a cd player, with ipod chord, 1000w amp, and 10 in sub...it's stock everything 5 spd, ac and heat, all for $300...i only put on amber corners.

http://http://www.flickr.com/photos/...92/6206333614/

http://http://www.flickr.com/photos/...n/photostream/
Old 12-11-2011, 09:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Hello everyone
Old 12-11-2011, 08:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Hey my name is Grady. Im 17 and just starting to get into hondas. I recently bought a totaled 2000ex coupe off a friend for 300 dollars( he rolled it and smashed the roof down but it still drove around) figuring i can learn by working on it and if i mess up then i can still scrap it for what i paid. I am going try to pull the engine this week or next week sometime and depending on how that goes possibly look for a crx or hatch shell to drop it in. But currently i am driving a rust bucket of a civic. It is a 1991 lx sedan bone stock. Not worth doing anything to besides anything to keep it of the road for a dd and winter car. So far everything on here has been very help full.
Old 12-14-2011, 01:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

My name is Kody. Im 23 and live in Wisconsin. Bought my del sol s when I was 17 and still have it. I swapped in a d16z6 two weeks ago and still trying to get this motor all figured out. I also have custom turbo swap that is all ready to go once I get the engine running without problems. I have painted my car, my wheels, installed two swaps, lowered the car, installed rear disc brakes and everything else that has been done to it. expect reupholstered the seats and put the tires on the wheels. Now im finally getting into the motor rebuild side of hondas. Still learning, but i love it. Body rust has come back to bite, so there is my next project. When I was in high school, i put on a body kit on the car, honestly..looks clean but sooner or later it will come off and will be completely stock on the exterior. just need to cut vents in my oem front bumper for my side-mount intercooler..unless i buy a front mount.

So far so good. Wont ever get rid of my sol..love it too much.
Old 12-14-2011, 06:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

^^^^^Where at in WI you at??

Hi everyone! My name is Cody and I live in WI. I own 3 hondas, a 99 crv, 98 civic coupe, and a 93 Del sol SI. The crv is stock and my GF's car so she has no problem in the WI winters. The ek is stock as well besides being lowered on h&r springs. And the newest one to the drive way is my Del sol, it has koni yellows, h&r race springs, blox lca, rota gt3's, and the list goes on. Ive been into hondas for quite some time now. Ive been lurcking around the site for a long while and figure its about time to start posting. Cant wait to continue getting the awsome knowledge form this site.
Old 12-16-2011, 12:45 PM
Trial User

Hola, Names Josh. I finally decided to join HT. never really been on here but i have been a member of Clubcivic sense Aug / 2009 and thought it was about time that i joined here.

Car = 1995 Frost White CX, with around 641,000 on the clock Blue interior. gutted (only has dash and two front seats.)

alot of plans for the car just got to get there.

also own a 94 Toyota Pick-up. Short bed Deluxe. and a 91 Toyota MR2 (SW21)

looking forward to meeting cool/ and knowledgeable people on here.
Old 12-16-2011, 02:03 PM
Trial User

Whats up guys, my name is Grady out of SE Tx. Just picked up a 95 DX coupe as my project/daily driver been surfing around a few sites and this is some of the best info ive found. Will post pics in the rebuild thread
Old 12-17-2011, 02:50 PM
Trial User

hi new here just lookin and tryin to decide on a build path . i currently have a 1992 cx hatch. and have had a 1997 ek hx coop a 1991 da gs integra and a 1992 dx coop and anothwr 1992 cx hatch.
Old 12-19-2011, 06:41 AM
Trial User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi I'm Jordan from Scotland!
I drive a Honda civic Jordan (essentially an EK4 VTI over here but yellow) Running standard B16A2 engine with a few upgrades (exhaust system, induction, accell leads and distributor, sw9 wheels and a few other bits and bobs). Between ideas on it at the moment (all motor/turbo) Will be used for light track use once I get a second car to run around in.
Few pics

The following users liked this post:
Old 12-19-2011, 12:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Hey guys! I'm Chris, I live in South Louisiana and this is my 1996 Civic dx hatch. I bought it in June after my old 92 civic lx was rear ended and totaled. Its all stock down to a paper filter except for being lowered on only springs by the previous owner. Has close to 300,000 miles on it but luckily the previous owner was a tech at Honda so its been well taken care of. The clutch and the slave cylinder were changed shortly before i bought it. Other than that the paint could use some work but it runs like a champ, everything works too lol.

Future plans are to add some shocks to go with the springs, and a few other suspensions mods, and a cai to squeeze a bit more gas mileage out of her.

Old 12-21-2011, 10:56 AM
Trial User

What's up guys, the name is Jon. Looking to purchase my first Civic soon. I used to drive an Accord but once that was totaled on a trip to SD, it's been all drift for me. However, for personal reasons, I have chosen to give up the RWD lifestyle (for now) because of college/work commutes.

I'm no stranger to forums. I'm on Zilvia, #NT ONE, KA-T, Nico Club, POTN, WFC, and a couple that I'm forgetting.

I currently drive a 240SX S13 & it's probably the best platform for drifting (from the others that I've drifted) but funds are tight so tire eating isn't fun anymore.

A good friend of mine, sohcFerio, posted up my car up for sale here: http://hondamarketplace.com/showthread.php?t=3002713. So if you're drift curious, buy my car! The car is ready for a track day & is as reliable as reliable can be.

Here's what it used to look like on 17x9.5's. Trying out the 326/front oni camber theory out. I didn't even adjusted the front LCA's in this picture.

Plans for the Civic will just be suspension.
Old 12-22-2011, 12:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Hey everyone Im Conor from Ireland, Im 17 and I've been into cars eversince I was a lil kid. I dont own a car now but very soon i will be getting me an EG Hatch.

Quick Reply: Member Introductions