Notices
Introduce Yourself If you're new to Honda-Tech, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your ride!!

Member Introductions

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2019, 09:00 AM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Member Introductions

Hey y’all, I was referred to this forum by a good friend and Honda enthusiast. I bought my 2003 Acura RSX Type-S a couple years ago in California as a daily commuter while I was working in Mojave. This is my fifth Honda vehicle, third with four wheels. It was the car I wanted when I was 16 but couldn’t afford. When I bought it (her/him? I haven’t decided) a few CEL codes popped up after a few weeks. The previous owner just have known or paid somebody to overlook them. I pulled out my OBD reader and knew right away I was going to have to replace the cat and the A/C compressor. After replacing those, I still had a fuel code leftover, and after thinking hard about it I chose the cheapest first shot and bought a new fuel cap. It was CEL free after 5 miles with the new cap installed.

Since then, I have focused on trying to “restore” the RSX before I go crazy. The clutch has been replaced along with odds and ends that we’re damaged or missing. It definitely needs a paint job, and I probably should reupholster the leather seats at some point. Those aren’t super critical to me right now, but will come eventually.

In the near future, I’m considering a new suspension (probably the DC5R shocks and struts) and swapping out the mid or B pipe, but keeping the cat to pass inspection (unless y’all have better ideas). I’ll probably upgrade the tires after the suspension swap, and my current rubber wears out. I may also get a kpro at this point too. We’ll see how light my wallet is.

In the long term, when it’s time to replace the head gasket, I plan on rebuilding the engine, replacing the final drive, clutch, and consider a performance I/H/E setup. I’ll stop here and move over to the tech forums, but I’m already excited about the wealth of knowledge this community has and how I can leverage it to build the sleeper car I always wanted.

Best wishes and warmest regards,
Craig

Old 05-06-2019, 05:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Post Re: Member Introductions

Hello everyone! It's a crappy photo but here's my 96 Prelude. It's been a while since I've driven it, and the spark plugs probably need to be replaced. But other than that it still runs great
Old 05-06-2019, 05:49 PM
Trial User

I love my 2000 civic coupe!! Very sad atm cuz it got a busted rod bearing and knock like a mf!!
I've done alot of repair/diagnose on 92-00 d16civics and only a couple tinkering exp. on B-series, nothing major....personally i think non-owners of 92-00 civics should get one cuz they are so easy to maintain and is truly a toy more then a car!!! My civic aint about big power mainly becuz no time for install of parts accurately imo only lol.....i like to do it myself rather then pay shop but no time plus moneywise haha, ive done some red housing headlight on my coupe, which was purposely done becuz i wanna look diff(rice)LOL, had halo rings in taillight all red lenses also not perfecg but look badasf at night time...
Old 05-08-2019, 04:46 AM
Trial User

Just picked up this 2004 Accord with 190K miles on it. A little road rash, but otherwise in pretty good shape. My very first car was a 1981 Accord, and I have owned several Honda products over the years. I plan for this one to be a good vehicle for one of my kids. Here to learn from others.
2004 Accord EX
Old 05-10-2019, 04:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Owned Honda's and Acura's for years and just picked up a clean 2010 Odyssey for cheap that needs some engine work(broken timing belt). Hoping I can get it running so we can used it for family road trips this summer.

Todd
Old 05-11-2019, 07:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

hello all,
I'm just a racer that happens to have a J32a2 in my sports racer and figured I would try and get with the Honda folks that may know the answers I'm looking for.

Old 05-13-2019, 07:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

hello everyone,
Ive been reading up on hear for a few year and took a break.
decided to come back and finally make a account.
I have a 96 dx hatch currently with a ls/gsr swap gt30r turbo kit on 10psi went 12.2@118mph
been building everything in my signature for awhile plan to sell my current shell to put my signature build in
im more of a 1/4 mile guy, ive built a couple auto integras and a few eg hatches for some friends and done a bit of tunning using crome

so hello everyone, nice to meet you all!
Old 05-16-2019, 10:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Hello my name is Eddie from Manila, Philippines and I am a Honda Accord owner and fan.
Old 05-16-2019, 11:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

This is my 1999 Accord, she is not that pretty anymore but still a smooth runner. Having minor issues for the time being but planning to still use her for another 2 to 3 years.
Old 05-17-2019, 09:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Hi all ,new to site bought the number one son 94 hatchback with b18b1 swap with an auto (im not a fan), but needs some love . Kind of new to honda's .Having hard time finding correct hood and front bumper..
Old 05-19-2019, 01:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by 94hatchman
Hi all ,new to site bought the number one son 94 hatchback with b18b1 swap with an auto (im not a fan), but needs some love . Kind of new to honda's .Having hard time finding correct hood and front bumper..
Locating a real transmission should take priority over asthetics. Get the conversion and a roll of duct tape, it's a potentially fun car but not a gullwing mercedes.
Old 05-19-2019, 11:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hello all, I am new here but not new to the information contained here, I have searched out information here many times. I have a new to me 97 Honda accord SE, but I used to have a 96 Civic HX which I rear disc swapped and many other things.

my recent acquisition

my great on gas yet fun to frive 5 speed hx
Old 05-28-2019, 01:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Hi,
Been a long time fan of the old Honda now but been out the scene for a while as moved for Uk to OZ and started a business. Now freeing up some time ive decided to start up a project again.
Plan is a complete over haul suspension, chassis, motor pretty much anything that can be improved on.
Old 05-29-2019, 03:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Hey everyone. From South Carolina. Got a 01 crv. Nothing special yet. Done some interior work making it my taste. Looking into what i can do to get more power, make her faster, and still good on gas. It is my DD. Some pics...

Old 05-29-2019, 03:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Icon7 Re: Member Introductions

Hi there, have just joined after lurking for a while, getting some awesome tips for fixing up this old girl. I'd love to get her going again!
This is such an amazing forum, thanks already for all the help.

1994 Vti Accord with Sunroof
Old 05-30-2019, 09:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

OMG must be from my forum settings. Can't get to the bottom of this page, keeps adding and adding. Anyway. I have a POS 1996 "stock" Civic LX. Nary a ground effect or wing. Just a slowly dying work and back vehicle. I know f-all about cars but can follow a you tube how to. Uh, have learned some lessons that you should have some secondary you-tube or forum confirmation before you do something the hard way. But whatever. This forum has helped me keep my POS running for years, never had to ask a thing before. Currently awaiting moderator approval for my post to be released. Hmmm....Wish i could give back, how does a mostly needy person, who doesn't know that much about their car other than what they've learned here, give back to these forums?
Old 06-02-2019, 12:36 PM
Trial User

Hello All!

Currently live in Seattle, WA! and just picked up this 99 Civic EX Sedan for a daily driver. My goal is to keep it clean and healthy.
Old 06-02-2019, 01:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Hello, I'm Benjamin living in France and I bought this CRX 7 years ago.
I've been on french forums but my 1st time here, seems to be a great Honda community.

As you can see, there was some nice trackdays weekends.

I'm also part of associative garage to repair whatever is broken ... it might happens with these old ladies!

Good to be there so!
Old 06-08-2019, 06:23 AM
Trial User

Hey Hey, newbie member from south side VA. and, well. New to the Honda scene. Not sure what all the letter and stuff mean, “he, eg, em1, etc. But, I just picked up a ‘94 Accord EX with a VTEC 2.2, and she’s a 5 spd. Willing and more than ready to learn any and everything I can about the car, because I’ve only had it about a week, and already swapped out the wheels, plugs & wires, radio. Just little stuff, and I am Sooooo ready to gain all the knowledge I can to get this ‘ole Accord up to par, and beyond spec. If anyone could hmu and maybe fill me in on learning exactly what I have, and maybe let me know if I picked up a peach, or a lemon. Haha. Thanks.!
oan btw, 33 years young. Idk why but seems like a running trend for folks to put their ages..? O_o
idk but there ya go.

Front end shot.

After new feet, but honestly thinking about going back to OEM. Just until I can find some better looking, Mayyyybe 17’s..? Advice welcome.

Before the wheel swap.
Old 06-09-2019, 09:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Icon5 Re: Member Introductions

Hi, new to this forum, actually new to forums!, I’m a 58yo with a 1998 civic that was bought in the Philippines and i use it 2 times a year when i go there. It has some issues and that’s why I’m here. Hard to find parts there due to limited time, can spend weeks looking for stuff there not even sure how or where to find pats. Did find a few AC and Alt belts, battery, tires. But now the idler pulley is bad, needs tune up, 2nd gear pops outs, some window motor issues. So i go online here to buy parts and they don’t look like the parts i need? The distributor cap has wires going to it, I don’t mean plug wires. So I’m wondering if its from japan? I couldn’t find vin #. Can anyone help? Thanks
oh i was going to buy parts here then ship over.
Old 06-12-2019, 06:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I'm new here and new to forums in general. Own a Honda Odyssey (04), Acura RSX (02), Acura Integra (00) and just sold 2 Honda Sprees! Actually, the Odyssey is mine, but the others are only mine in title, as they're my son's cars.
Name is Dean and am in St. Pete, FL. Need some help with the Integra, which cranks but doesn't start. It has 120 PSI on all 4 cylinders. Spark on all 4 plugs. New plugs. Had fuel come out of loosened bolt atop fuel filter, so I have fuel at that stage. Am at a loss. Replaced both alternator belt and a/c belt after it conkied out. Hard to believe I could've overtightened the belts to a point that would prohibit the car from turning over, but at this stage, I'm at a loss. Anyway, I guess I need to wait my 5 days before soliciting. Glad I have another vehicle to drive, though this one is my son's, and he's been riding his bike a lot lately!
Am eager to converse with y'all.
Old 06-14-2019, 07:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Hello, and thanks for having me. Name is Mark. I have a 1997 Honda CRV with 250,000 miles. Still runs fine with minor problems here and there. Brake hose, distributor, trailing arm bushings, etc. Nothing major yet. As time goes on I am expecting more and more issues, so I thought it might be a good idea to have a place to chat and ask questions when I get in over my head.

Cheers!
Mark
Old 06-17-2019, 12:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Dear Honda-Tech Forum Members,
My name is Walter and I am from Mesa, Arizona, USA! I own 2 Hondas: a 1988 Honda CRX SI (supercharged & highly modded), and, a 2012 Honda Civic SI Coupe (mostly stock). Thank you for allowing me to join you guys, so we can all help each other out with issues & problems.
Old 06-18-2019, 05:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Hi guys first my phone is what I'll be primarily on so loads of spelling errors. Also misspaces and stuff so its the phone. This is my lil red rocket its a 97 civic hatch i love her to death.

Meet lil red
Old 06-18-2019, 02:38 PM
hox
Honda-Tech Member

hi got my ek last year, did body work, suspension, and cosmetic stuff. Now just need to do swap. Hopefully can get help from this forum for swapping :D

Quick Reply: Member Introductions