Notices
Introduce Yourself If you're new to Honda-Tech, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your ride!!

Member Introductions

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2019, 12:10 PM
Trial User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Member Introductions

Hey what’s up everyone! My name is Kenny and I currently have an Awd 5speed Cr-V Turbo Build and I have an EK sedan track car build. I hope to hear from you guys and post more of my builds here soon!

I also have a YouTube channel where I started to document my builds. https://YouTube.com/KTVBUILT

AWD 5speed Turbo Cr-V Build
Old 03-29-2019, 07:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi I’m new this is my project car 95 Integra ls! Could def use advice and guidance towards this project
Old 04-01-2019, 05:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Hi guys,

I am new to this forum. Excited to join this forum.
Old 04-03-2019, 09:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Hello all! Just stumbled onto this forum when I was trying to determine the value of my car. I've got a 1994 Integra LS Sedan. Looking forward to learning more about everything from this forum!
Old 04-03-2019, 01:26 PM
Trial User

hey what's up y'all. im new to this forum I will say my main reason for joining is to learn things. im also having issue with a swap I recently done and cant seem to find the cause of the problem I have. So I came her to also try and get some help. I will list the setup below and everything I know. Any help would be great!

93' Canadian si eg hatch
has obd1 harness
motor is a d16y7 bottom full y8 top with obd1 dizzy with p28 ecu. motor and ecu was in my other car and ran great!
spliced injector plugs and alternator plug. the only plug not plugged on motor is the crankshaft position sensor as there was no plug on the harness for it. was told obd1 dizzy resolved that!? the only 2 plugs on harness not plugged is one for power steering and I think they said its called a fast idle valve that th y8 intake don't have?
car runs but almost sounds like its a misfire and has no get up and it backfires bad! I checked plug wires and even bought new plugs still have the same issue. New dizzy still the same. I did notice that the fuel pump seems to constantly run and I don't know as to why.
Old 04-04-2019, 01:58 PM
Trial User

looking for the engineer who designed this Jswap!!!!!!
Hello Everyone!!!

My user name is Ticos203JSwap, iM NEW TO hONDA TECH SITE AND IM LOOKING FORWARD TO ASKING QUESTIONS AND HOPEFULLY GETTING ANSWERS TO QUESTIONS I MAY HAVE AND HOPEFULLY MEET HONDA ENTHUSIAST LIKE MYSELF.
Old 04-08-2019, 03:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I'm new to Honda projects but I just bought an 89 civic lx for a project car while I can't drive. If anyone has any suggestions as to what I should do to it i would love to hear them. It had the d15b2. Thanks for your input!
Old 04-12-2019, 09:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Hi, Im Ricardo a OIF Vet and EG Si owner from Puerto Rico!!!
This is my under going project!! Any advice are welcome!!!
Old 04-14-2019, 09:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Hello All! A 2000 Civic Ex with MT owner here. I have had the Civic for about 8 years / 200k mi (not including what the first owner put on). It has been a great commuter car and really put us with a lot! A few years back I did overhaul of the trans and a full timing belt service plus a bunch of related work. That actually was a great project. Despite a few difficult times, that was one of the better and more extensive overhauls I have done.
Old 04-14-2019, 10:55 AM
Trial User

Icon7 Re: Member Introductions

I was a member a very long time ago, back when i ate, slept, and breathed anything Acura/Honda. My last Honda was a 91 Civic Si, my first was a 1994 Acura Integra LS Special edition. Both were white. Both were heavily modified. i also owned a 95 4dr GSR violet, cloth interior, lots of bolt-ons, still one of my most favorite sedans only to be topped by my 6sp manual E39 BMW 540i. I recently stumbled across an EP3 , 2003 blue, i was looking for a daily driver that was mechanically sound but a little beat up on the outside so i wouldn't cry every time it got dinged or dented parking down in the South Bronx. I have been away from the Superstreet scene for a while, Acura and Honda let me down when the Integra was discontinued, no I was never was much of a fan of the RSX, although it was a nice performance coupe/hatch it didnt do it for me, maybe if they had kept the Integra name i might have been more forgiving but i digress. This 2003 Civic si has awakened my old Acura Honda muscle memory and the nostalgia of running through the gears spinning up to 7000+ rpms hearing tires squeal and break loose gear after gear. Now being an actual adult with responsibilities, family, wife and 2 kids, lots of big boy bills, mortgage car payment etc, i find the need to mod this little hatch but the forums are all over the place with what actually are the best mods for this NON 4 wheel independent double wishbone suspension underpowered Kseries motor. mileage is 175k , mechanically its in great shape, it appears to have spent its entire life bone stock. The macpherson strut setup does concern me and i have heard of a lot of bad handling results from suspension changes i.e. lowering, coilovers etc. So basically its like being a kid again except now i have to make more sound educated decisions moving forward with this car. any advice would be greatly appreciated.
thanks for reading guys and gals
Old 04-14-2019, 12:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Hi everybody, I'm an Accord owner from Argentina
Old 04-14-2019, 04:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

How's it going, new here new to the Honda Scene. I've always been into the big V8's spending crazy money for HP, but a buddy has a Honda and he started telling me about a Civic hatch with a D15 turbo'd pushing 500hp beating a viper. I didn't believe him so he showed me the video and it definately caught my interest. So ended up getting a 95 Civic Coupe that had a D15B7 and got me interested in doing a Mini-me with the D16Y8 head. The car originally was a D16Z6 and the previous owner put that D15 so now $600 in thats including the price of the car I'm about to get the mini-me complete.
Old 04-15-2019, 06:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Hey y'all!
Never joined a forum before!
Nice to meet everyone. I've only owned Hondas since 1999.
Cheers.
Michael
Old 04-15-2019, 07:43 AM
Trial User

91 Beat (JDM)
Old 04-17-2019, 09:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Long time member (since 2007 or so), but I just updated my email address and it brought me back in as a “new” member, so here we are... From the looks of it, I need to update my old signature; 20-something year old me thought it was clever...[Edit] Thought I should add I own a 92’ GSR (I’ve had it since 2000) and have built the engine twice (first build had an oil pump gear shatter about a year in, but most was salvageable, so I did another N/A build completely solo with better parts and more experience under my belt that has held up pretty well for the most part). The car has been parked for quite some time due to a few things needing to be fixed, which snowballed into a life gets in the way type of situation... but I’m finally resurrecting it.
Old 04-17-2019, 04:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Greetings!

Excited to me here. I'm the original owner of an '06 turbo RSX-S.
Old 04-18-2019, 06:02 AM
Trial User

I am a new user, and this site is so confusing that I hit 'reply' because that was the only way to get a screen where I could type. I was trying to introduce myself, but cannot. I have a 2001 Prelude that has 240K miles on it and I am rebuilding it. Had engine completely gone through, new valves, cams, pistons, everything. Shaved heads and bored it out, runs great. Then I replaced the 60 mm throttle body with a 70 mm after several days I got a check engine saying that there was a problem in the evap system. Replaced all 4 solenoids in EVAP system and still get check engine, same code. I need help, please reply. I have no idea where this will go
Old 04-18-2019, 07:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by David Noel
I am a new user, and this site is so confusing that I hit 'reply' because that was the only way to get a screen where I could type. I was trying to introduce myself, but cannot. I have a 2001 Prelude that has 240K miles on it and I am rebuilding it. Had engine completely gone through, new valves, cams, pistons, everything. Shaved heads and bored it out, runs great. Then I replaced the 60 mm throttle body with a 70 mm after several days I got a check engine saying that there was a problem in the evap system. Replaced all 4 solenoids in EVAP system and still get check engine, same code. I need help, please reply. I have no idea where this will go
Bored out? Is it h22?
Old 04-21-2019, 01:17 PM
Trial User

It is a 2.2 litre vtec that was bored out enough to put new pistons and rings.
Old 04-21-2019, 01:21 PM
Trial User

I have a 2001 Prelude that has 240K miles on it and I am rebuilding it. Had engine completely gone through, new valves, cams, pistons, everything. Shaved heads and bored it out, runs great. Then I replaced the 60 mm throttle body with a 70 mm after several days I got a check engine saying that there was a problem in the evap system. Replaced all 4 solenoids in EVAP system and still get check engine, same code. I need help, please reply. I have no idea where this will go
Old 04-23-2019, 02:44 PM
Trial User

I was a member in the mid 2000's, haven't seen this site in ages. Built a fun weekend racecar for roadracing and figured I'd rejoin. My car is a 1997 Civic DX with a 1996 JDM ITR swap, all stock engine and lsd trans. Custom fabbed Rotrex supercharger kit utilizing a Rotrex C38-81, makes 330/218 at 10psi on 91 while retaining AC.
Old 04-24-2019, 07:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Hello all,

I recently put my '04 GGM EXS AWD 6MT Element back together... (It sat neglected for a few years after serving "Round 1" of daily driver duty...)
Having "Zippy" back together for Round 2 of daily driver duty (and another yet-to-be-named offroad project with a Honda heartbeat) has renewed my interest in seeking and distributing knowledge online...
So here I am... Thanks for having me, and for being a repository of Honda specific information...

Cheers,

-brad
Old 04-30-2019, 05:47 PM
Trial User

Hi Everyone:

I am Keith have a 2000 Civic EX as my daily driver these days. I also have a RealTime Hatchback that needs a bit of love to get back on the road, but have had done great adventures in her in the past. I fell in love with Civics when I had a 1991 4 door years ago.

I am currently having some trouble with a misfire and have posted a question in the 96-200 forum.
I am looking forward to many more years of driving my civics! Thanks for the great community!

Keith
Old 05-04-2019, 07:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Hey everyone! I'm James. I'm 17 and I live in northern Virginia. I'm going to study engineering at Virginia Tech as a freshman in the fall. I'm currently looking for my first car. I don't have a lot of experience with cars, but I've always been interested in them. It's nice to meet you all!
Old 05-05-2019, 03:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Hello all. I just bought my first Honda "car" last month. It is a 1992 Accord EX. I knew it had some oil burning issues but over all was in great shape for the $. I loved it from the moment I drove it home. I had expected to drive it and work on it until maybe doing an engine swap in the fall. I have installed a new exhaust system and a high flow intake.

Quick Reply: Member Introductions