Notices
Introduce Yourself If you're new to Honda-Tech, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your ride!!

Introduction Time! Made a profile to get advice from the many users on this website!

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2022, 01:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Introduction Time! Made a profile to get advice from the many users on this website!

Hello everyone,

I drive a Beige Colored 2003 Honda Civic LX Sedan which has more than 180,000 miles. Below I'll provide some details of the latest repairs, to the best of my memory. (I may get some terminology incorrect, I'm not much of a car mechanic)
  • Front CV Joints Replaced Left and Right
  • Front Strut Replacements KYB
  • Spark Plug Clean (?)
  • Fuel Injection Clean (?)
  • Engine & Transmission Mount
  • Both Rear Lower Control Arms
  • Both Front Steering Knuckles
  • New Tires
  • Radiator Replacement
  • Cooling Fan Replacement
The question marks mean the mechanic was difficult to understand, accent and all. Below, I have some quick questions for anyone that can help.
  1. I couldn't find KYB Rear Strut Assemblies, only the struts itself. I plan on using Monroe Rear Struts. Would that be an issue using two different brands? The front struts are KYB.
  2. I wanted to install a cold air intake. I'm thinking the short ram intake would be better for space saving reasons. Is it ideal on a car that isn't sporty? I don't expect performance boosts, just would like to hear the sound of motor.
  3. Browsing other websites and some YouTube comments mention this particular model has suspension or handling issues. They mention replacing the stabilizing bar bushing on the rear. Should I go for the bushing only or the stabilizer bar too? Would it be better to do both the front and back?
I know this generation of Honda Civic, doesn't really have much going for it performance wise, unless you swap out the engine. I plan on using it for one more year, but would like to update it and make it look nice for my sister who will end up using it after me. Any help is appreciated it. Thanks again.
Old 10-13-2022, 02:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 178 Likes on 151 Posts
Default Re: Introduction Time! Made a profile to get advice from the many users on this websi

Don't waste your money. Sell it and buy something newer.