Notices
Introduce Yourself If you're new to Honda-Tech, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your ride!!

Hello

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2018, 04:32 AM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hello

I wish I were here for only positive inputs but that is not the case. I'm driving a leased 2017 Honda Accord Sport. The car itself is pretty nice, but the tires that came on the car are not any good in snow. And the car was leased from Kenosha Honda in Wisconsin, where it snows every year. Even though the tires are labeled M&S on the sidewall, the tread pattern has no side to side channels for accumulating snow or slush to move out from the tread towards the outside edges of the tires. This almost caused me to completely lose control of the vehicle while driving back to Kenosha from O'Hare last April, during a slush/snow storm because of hydroplaning. I have extensive driving experience in snow and my previous vehicle, a 1996 Buick Regal Custom, easily handled such conditions. But it had tires with a tread pattern that allowed accumulating snow/slush to get out of the tire tread because they had such side to side channels. I tried working with both the local Honda dealer and Honda central customer support but was told by both that they won't do anything about the tires. And when dealing with main Honda customer support, it was made clear by "Walter's" lack of concern that they don't care if I remain a customer. I was told if I want to put different tires on the car, it will be at my expense. There was not even any consideration given to splitting the cost of different tires being put on the car. I have filed a complaint with the appropriate federal agency but I doubt it will go anywhere either. Once this lease is over, I will no longer be a Honda customer. And I will advocate against Honda to anyone who might listen.