Notices
Honda Civic (2006 - 2015) 2006 - 2015 Civic Forums

Advice/Guidance on Purchasing Snow Tires for Honda Civic 2015 SE

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2016, 06:49 PM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Advice/Guidance on Purchasing Snow Tires for Honda Civic 2015 SE

First time purchasing snow tires, recently moved to MN where there's lots of snow.

First, any recommendations on what Winter Tires to get? I'm thinking of either the Michelin X-Ice or the Bridgestone Blizzak.

Next, what size of tires should I get? I went to Discount Tires and entered my car information (Honda Civic 2015 SE), and got this: 195/65-15. Is this accurate?

After changing the tires, what happens to my all-season tires? Does the store help keep them for me, or do I bring them home and store it in the garage? And I assume the shop I purchase it from will swap out winter to all season tires for no charge after winter?

Lastly, any recommendations on where to purchase winter tires? I'm thinking either Costco or Direct Tires, and they come up to $500ish, all inclusive of installation, etc....
Old 10-25-2016, 09:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Advice/Guidance on Purchasing Snow Tires for Honda Civic 2015 SE

May just be me but I figure, if they own the world speed record on ice...
https://www.nokiantires.com/innovati...astest-on-ice/

My go to for winter tires, Finnish drivers know harsh conditions and make tires (tyres) to deal with it. And Discount sells them.
I never asked if they would store them for me but I have them mounted on winter wheels in my garage waiting for the snow/ice.