Introduce Yourself If you're new to Honda-Tech, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your ride!!

H22A4 Swapped 94Accord (EX/EX-R??) Obd1 P13 ECM

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2024, 01:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default H22A4 Swapped 94Accord (EX/EX-R??) Obd1 P13 ECM

Hey ya'll! Im new here and new to working on my cars, but I have no other choice but to learn in my current situation. Im in need of some help here.
I bought a 94 Accord that has an H22A4 in it.
it was running rough, so i did the timing, valve adjustment, and spark plugs. The wires are NGK and seem fairly new. The car was driving rough and had a bad tick. After doing some tune ups, i had the engine running beautifully. I then took it for a drive to see if it was deiving better, but it was not.
When driving, the car didnt have its power. Seemed like rpms were trying to go up but acceleration was not matching and it was nudging/jerking forward as i would accelerate. Had this problem since i bought it. I then looked up the symptoms and found out that a bad TPS would act like this. At this point, i test the tps voltage with my multi meter and the calibration seemed bang on. I believe it was .4-.5 closed throttle and 4.45-4.50 at wide open throttle. So i checked the pin out location on the ecu. Heres where i made my newbie mistake, not knowing what i was doing. I noticed he had the tps-D11 red/blk and the ECT-D13 red/wht reversed with one another. So at this point, ibtested the voltage, looped the scanner plug amd counted check engkne lights for codes, now i know why im throwing a tps code, and now i know why.

(His mistake) His wires were reversed.
(My mistake) instead of swtchjng the wires around, i just had to notice that the rest of the wires were not matching my schematics chart, so i unplugged all the ecu connectors and rewired everything to the schematics of the 94 Accord Ecu (?) Instead of the (p13) ECU. Dumb *** move on my behalf..

So i rewired everything back to the P13 schematics.
now im throwing codes,

code#1 -o2 sensor- (just installed brand new one this morning going straight into the downpipe of the header)

Code#9 -Cyl#1 position sensor- (just replaced Dizzy today with a H22A4 Distributor that i had on my rebuilt H23A that has not run yet, so the dizzy is brand new. I changed it to see if it would delete the cyl1 position sensor code, but it has not)

Code#14 -IACV- (it was not throwing this code to begin with, but after rewiring the ecu it is for some reason.)

Code#22 -Vtec Pressure Switch- (wired it as p13 wiring schematics said, but im thinking of running it independently through the firewall straight to the ECU)

I made sure to disconnect the battery for like 15 minutes, pulled the ECU fuse, so i imagine the ecu was reset before restarting it. Unfortunately, im still throwing these codes. What could my problem be? It seems like the engine is in "limp mode" and wont rev past 6500rpm. Actually, come to thing of it as im writing this, im on jack stands in neutral and the engine wont rev past 6500rpm in nuetral.. but she has a really low idle all of a sudden too. Before she would idle high at around 1500rpm and drop dowm to 800rpm. Now i gotta slightly touch the gas to keep it at 800 or it drops down way too low to where i dont even want it to be, so i either give it gas or turn it off.

I dont understand why the car is running rough at idle now when before unplugging everything it was running beautifully at idle after my tune up.
I know i should have just reversed the two wires back and gone for a test drive before unplugging everything, but i did rewire it all to the p13 schematics, so it should be running fine like it was before.???
Old 05-28-2024, 10:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: H22A4 Swapped 94Accord (EX/EX-R??) Obd1 P13 ECM

Anyone? Please.