Notices
Honda Insight & CR-Z Hybrid Honda Insight and CR-Z Hybrid discussion forum.

Honda CR-Z B18C1 Swap

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2016, 12:09 PM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Honda CR-Z B18C1 Swap

I recently came into possession of a fully built B18C1 engine. The thing has a turbo kit installed with all the necessary parts including radiator inter cooler, piping, fittings, wiring harness etc. through a guy that owed me money. After taking a look at it this thing is actually pretty cool. Upgraded injectors intake manifold with a port and polish, the whole deal. I also happen to know a friend that has a CR-Z that he is looking to get rid of on the super cheap. I believe it's a 2014. The problem is I have absolutely no experience with compact vehicles in general much less Hondas as a whole although I have been working on and building custom cars my whole life. So I guess my main question is can a motor swap like this be done. I've seen that K series swaps can be done relatively easy with this vehicle and I understand that the K series is newer than the B series of engines which would probably make it a much better candidate than what I have. I'm not necessarily doing this because I'm super motivated to. Mostly just because I have the engine with all the parts and the vehicle and can essentially invest $0. What else am I gonna do with this thing besides sell it right? Already called the motor mount manufacturer Hasport and they said they didn't make anything like that. I know I have the technical skills to get this done as I have done numerous engine swaps on other vehicles before. Mainly I am looking for any major issues that would prevent me from getting this done.
Old 08-10-2016, 09:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Honda CR-Z B18C1 Swap

Can it be done? Yes it can be done but it will be 100% custom.

Will it be worth it? I don't think it will. I would list the reasons why but I don't want to type that much on my phone. My advice would be to sell the motor setup and do a supercharger or turbo setup then think about a k swap cas it is a lot of work and still pricy to do right.