Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wierd Clutch problem, Please look.

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2005, 08:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wierd Clutch problem, Please look.

Well I have a 600mile old Clutch Masters 4 puck clutch with pressure plate and Fidanza 8lbs flywheel. When It had just passed over 500 miles, i took my buddy for ride and the clutch would engage right in the middle of the pedal play. After the ride it engauges way at the top of the pedal. And now when I start the car cold it engages in the middle where it should, then as I drive for a while it slowly goes farther and farther up to the top of the pedal untill one day I was in my work parking lot and it started slipping/holding like it didn't want to release as if I was riding the clutch but I wasn't. I changed the clutch slave cylinder today and vacume bled the lines and everything and still the same problem! There are no noises or abnormal things happeneing other than it slowly creaping higher the more I drive. Any ideas/suggestions are very greatfull! Thanks -Jason
Old 08-14-2005, 06:55 AM

Default Re: Wierd Clutch problem, Please look. (sleepycivichb)

There is nothing within the clutch parts themselves to cause these symptoms, so it has to be the operating mechanism. In this case, hydraulics. What you are describing is classic symptoms of preloading the hydraulics. The cause for preloading is misadjusting the pedal. The rod going from the pedal into the master cylinder is adjusted too far into the master cylinder not allowing the hydraulics to self-adjust for clutch wear. You have to allow free play on the rod even if only a slight amount in order to allow fluid flow from the master cylinder to the reservoir.
Old 08-14-2005, 11:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Wierd Clutch problem, Please look. (ACTman)

** EDIT **
Well I thaught about what you said and looked at the pedal assembly and there was something stopping the pedal from coming all the way to the top. Therefore not letting the mastercylinder release all the way. Thanks very much for your time it was greatly appretiated. -Jason

Modified by sleepycivichb at 3:55 PM 8/14/2005
Old 08-15-2005, 07:21 AM

Cool! I am glad you got it taken care of.
Old 08-28-2005, 05:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by sleepycivichb &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">** EDIT **
Well I thaught about what you said and looked at the pedal assembly and there was something stopping the pedal from coming all the way to the top. Therefore not letting the mastercylinder release all the way. Thanks very much for your time it was greatly appretiated. -Jason

Modified by sleepycivichb at 3:55 PM 8/14/2005</TD></TR></TABLE>

What is the something you're referring to? Little more info please?
Old 08-30-2005, 08:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Well. the kid that owned the car before me, put a 10-12mm bolt in the spot where the clutch switch is stopped, and after i took my friend for a ride, that bolt fell halfway out not letting the clutch pedal come all the way to the top thus not letting the mastercylinder read right.