Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Where can I get a rebuilt H22a block?

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2005, 12:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where can I get a rebuilt H22a block?

About 3 months ago I purchased a motor from hmotorsonline.com. When I first installed the motor into my Civic Hatchback I noticed the oil light was on. But I had figured it was a loose connection or something. After the first week the oil light turned off, which was up until about a 3 weeks ago. The oil light came on and it made this weird thumping noise. So I whipped out my stelthoscope and noticed it was coming from the block and not the tranny. The noise was getting louder expecially when I pushed in the clutch. Well anyway, I took off the oil pan and so on until I got the crank bearings out! Come to find out my crank was eatin through and my bearings were toast! I always checked my oil. THE MORAL TO MY STORY IS HMOTORSONLINE.COM SUCKS, AND I'M PISSED OFF THAT THEY GAVE ME A BUNK MOTOR! I GIVE THEM A BIG FAT . I was wondering if any of my fellow HT members knew of a place online that sells Rebuilt h22a blocks.
Old 08-13-2005, 12:39 PM
RTFM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

id honestly say it is your own fault. when the oil light came on right away you should ahve know there was low pressure and determined WHY it was on rather than drive it to death. i guess you figured wrong.

and yes there are places that do sell rebuilt engines. id personnaly not expect much out of them though. http://www.tbolt.net/ is one place i know of and one place i know that people who have bought engines from them were not happy.
Old 08-13-2005, 12:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (v4lu3s)

I do agree that I could have checked the motor sooner, and yes it was my fault for not checking it out sooner. But from the second I bought the motor, It was having oil light issues. And that is there fault for sending me a crappy motor. Either the motor has a bad oil pump, or the person that had the motor before never checked his oil and the crank bearing were already wasting away. Which in turn makes for no oil pressure. Yes I do agree with you on that, but they still should have sent me a decent motor in the first place. The strange thing is that I've heard almost all good things about them, so I definitely didn't expect to get a bunk motor from them.
Old 08-13-2005, 01:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Preludes'R'Us)

Should have called steve in the first place when you noticed the oil lite, Instead you drove around like that for a week. You also should have had an oil pressure gague to see why the light was comming on, probably could have saved the motor before you drove another 3 months. I've bought 20 motors from steve and had 0 problems. I just find it funny how you bash one of the top quality jdm engine sellers for your own negligence. If you had contacted steve in the beginning about the oil pressure issue you probably would have gotten a replacement motor.
Old 08-13-2005, 03:18 PM
RTFM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

how do you suggest a motor seller such as an importer or slavage yard htat has dozens to hundres of engines determine bearing clearances on each engine?

in real life they dont, what they do is give a start up warranty. thats why you call them and let them know th engine is **** so they can replace it.....
Old 08-13-2005, 05:56 PM

Default Re: (v4lu3s)

This is the first time I have heard bad about hmotorsonline. Like siad, if you would have called them, they would have taken care of it. Alot of people know they should replace parts when ever you get a swap.
Old 08-14-2005, 06:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

you are an idiot, you drove around with your oil light on for a week, thats something a chick would. Don't bitch about Hmotors because you are a fuctard
Old 08-19-2005, 11:24 AM

Default Re: (Preludes'R'Us)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Preludes’R’Us &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I do agree that I could have checked the motor sooner, and yes it was my fault for not checking it out sooner. But from the second I bought the motor, It was having oil light issues. And that is there fault for sending me a crappy motor. Either the motor has a bad oil pump, or the person that had the motor before never checked his oil and the crank bearing were already wasting away. Which in turn makes for no oil pressure. Yes I do agree with you on that, but they still should have sent me a decent motor in the first place. The strange thing is that I've heard almost all good things about them, so I definitely didn't expect to get a bunk motor from them. </TD></TR></TABLE>