Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What?

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2003, 01:50 PM
Former Moderator

Received 54 Likes on 29 Posts
Default What?

https://honda-tech.com/zeroforum?cmd=info&id=18
Old 06-13-2003, 02:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: What? (B18C5-EH2)

im confused
they give you help in the Eg forum because the bullshit keep piling up
then they give you hybrid on top of it?

Tom you do a great job, but Brandon (poison) and I have been trying to moderate hybrid for months.

oh well, kick some *** in here tom.
Old 06-13-2003, 02:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: What? (Kamin)

sweet, i see n00bie ownage coming very soon, I hope that you do as you did with (and still) EG forum. Keep the good work up, Thanks
Old 06-13-2003, 03:24 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Oh man.

Tom, you're definitely a great moderator. But I've been trying so hard to get moderation of the Hybrid forum, along with Kamin.

We constantly help others and such to the best, and I get no where.

I'm on HT all day and try Kamin and I try our absolute best, talking with Rachel, Tom (you), Lauren, and even Megan (Trinity) constantly on trying to moderate.

Oh, well. Tom, I hope things go well. I just don't know what just hit me.

Old 06-13-2003, 03:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: What? (poison)

it's because Tom is an internet superstar.
Old 06-13-2003, 04:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: What? (hot_EH)

it's going to be more interesting now that Tom moderates hybrid forum haha
Old 06-13-2003, 07:38 PM
Former Moderator

Default Re: What? (poison)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by poison &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Oh man.

Tom, you're definitely a great moderator. But I've been trying so hard to get moderation of the Hybrid forum, along with Kamin.

We constantly help others and such to the best, and I get no where.

I'm on HT all day and try Kamin and I try our absolute best, talking with Rachel, Tom (you), Lauren, and even Megan (Trinity) constantly on trying to moderate.

Oh, well. Tom, I hope things go well. I just don't know what just hit me.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Here's the problem guys:

dustin and Mike have said that they will not add any more mods. They have said this since I became a mod, yet there have been mods added in various forums.

I don't own the site, and I have 0% say in what happens. It is their site and I follow rules just as I try to enforce them in the two forums that I now moderate.

There's just no way that they would add one, nor especially two new mods for a forum that only gets 3 posts per hour as opposed to a higher traffic forum like the EG+Civic/Del Sol forum, which gets 17.00 posts per hour.

The other mods for Hybrid have other very serious obligations like Classifieds, Best Buys, etc. which require way more attention. No offense to them but I don't think that this part of the forum was a priority.

I'm not trying to step on any toes or hurt anyone's feelings that may browse this forum and feel deserving of being appointed Mod in here or anything, it's just that adding a Hybrid-dedicated Mod just wasn't going to happen.

I hope to make some positive impacts in here and also get more traffic in here. Honestly I never moved anything from the EG forum in here because there was no active Mod in here to keep things in check. I'm not trying to be some sort of totalitarian or anything, but now that I can do the same things in here that I've been doing in the EG Forum I think we might see more controlled topics.

Scanning the topics page in here isn't really showing anything glaringly bad though. This forum is way tamer than the EG+Civic Forum. Had I posted a topic like this in there it would have 40-50 replies by now.

We'll see what happens...
Old 06-13-2003, 07:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

its not you Tom, its just we have busted our *** to get this spot and because the admins dont want any new mods we get screwed.

you didnt step on ur toes, we dont hate you now it just sucks *** to work for somthing and get fucked over again and again because the admins just dont give a **** about HT

they havent ADDED a moderator in well over a year. the only mods that have become mods are from the ones that have stepped down (like you and antonio)

we know you will kick *** in here, it just blows from our standpoint.
Old 06-13-2003, 07:57 PM
Former Moderator

Well actually I think they did add a Mod (maybe he took someone else's spot) and he made some mistakes (I will not mention any names, no guessing either, okay?) and I'm sure it has really left a bad taste in the admins' mouths as well as pissed off some other "senior" mods.

Yes it is unfortunate that they would not add either of you guys to mod in here. I'd seriously like to see another mod in here that is really active and loves the subject matter in here too.

...but I'm sure you guys already knew this.
Old 06-13-2003, 08:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

good work Tom your an awesome MOD
Old 06-13-2003, 08:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by B18C5-EH2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Yes it is unfortunate that they would not add either of you guys to mod in here. I'd seriously like to see another mod in here that is really active and loves the subject matter in here too.

...but I'm sure you guys already knew this.</TD></TR></TABLE>
Yep..

it sucks to be **** on repetadley tho. all because they dont want any new mods. its stupid. almost 50,000 damn members and we havent added a moderator in a long *** time. and alot of the ones we have dont do much. (you do a kickass job in EG)

oh well. not my site, i just want to help.
Old 06-14-2003, 12:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

score
good luck in here tom.
Old 06-14-2003, 01:33 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by B18C5-EH2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Well actually I think they did add a Mod (maybe he took someone else's spot) and he made some mistakes (I will not mention any names, no guessing either, okay?) and I'm sure it has really left a bad taste in the admins' mouths as well as pissed off some other "senior" mods.

...but I'm sure you guys already knew this.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Ya, I can understand that. I also know you're not stepping on anyones toes. Tom, you are a great moderator and I love BSing with ya when we do. It's too bad you didn't make it to the Nashville meet.

I just find it very appalling that people like George Knighton (who is definitely awesome and I've talked with him several times), and Sam (Boosted97Lude), who is also cool as hell, were added as a moderator.

Megan (Trinity) told me while I was rolling with her back to Baltimore, MD to fly back home that she doesn't visit the EG forum, and was a moderator in there, that I could take her place and I could help in the EG+ forum since you arent on HT on some part of the hours that I would be.

I've moderated on numerous sites, and being I've tried many times, but I just feel like I've done nothing. Of course, I'm not doing all of this to kiss *** or do everything I have just to become a moderator, but I know how to do it, and can contribute greatly as I know how to run a forum.

Out of all the other car forums I have moderated, this is by far the best one I have been on which is the reason I've been on here for so long. But I just feel like I've been hit in the stomach or something after trying so hard, and talking with so many people -- I can understand if dustin doesn't want to add any more moderators, but since they have, I just don't see justification.

I know it's not my site to run, so I don't really have heresay. But I just feel like I've been deeply hit and don't even have a word to express.

I guess I just kinda feel like the "OG HT members" and part of the crew, and with talking with moderators, and giving so much help, with being hit like this, I just feel like someone is telling me "**** you dude, not happening" type deal.

I know that is a little extreme, and everyone in moderating is doing a very fine job, but I just don't know anymore. I can understand the traffic and such, but there are NUMEROUS moderators who haven't done ****, and hardly even post, when someone like myself and Kamin can do a way better job, and contribute.

Tom, you're a great moderator, as well as all the others I've known and talked to, and I know you'll do a fine job at keeping this clean. I'll also be sure to let you know of threads that are particularly "gay", not needed, or someone needs to be banned that is just here to either troll, or do whatever like I did before

But I just don't know anymore.

I still want to contribute and be a moderator and help you out extremely bad (not even a word for that), so if you can please talk with dustin or mark on it, I'd really appreciate it. I've moderated on numerous other sites, so they can interview me, ask some old old friends who known I have, and review all my posts.

I really don't know why I want to, it's just something I've done many many times before, and this is the first blow hit that for some reason really hit me.

Modified by poison at 3:43 AM 6/14/2003
Old 06-14-2003, 04:57 PM

Not to get off topic in this thread Tom, but maybe you can get my % back to 100. By the way good luck in here and Im sorry to you Poison and Kamin for not getting what you wanted. Just remember that everything happens for a reason, and you rarely find out what that reason was. If you guysget what Im trying to say.