Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

What would you like to see more/less of in the EG+ Forum?

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2004, 03:46 PM
Risky Business

Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
Default What would you like to see more/less of in the EG+ Forum?

As you all know, this forum is the largest model specific forum on HT, getting over 625 posts per day (only classifieds and GDD generate more traffic). I want to get some input from both the O.G. members, and the new members about things that you'd like to see happen here.

What kinds of threads would you like to see more? Is there a type of thread that you are getting tired of and that you think should be disallowed in here (e.g. all of the swap questions), should we bring a picture post back to the forum? Do you have any specific FAQ's that you'd like to see? Just looking for ideas to keep the forum going in the right direction and on top. I've had a lot of fun over the last three months and I hope that we can keep this forum great for years to come

YOUR Moderator,

Dustin
Old 08-12-2004, 03:47 PM
TSPeed Factory

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: What would you like to see more/less of in the EG+ Forum? (BauleyCivic)

i like the EG+/Del Sol forum as it is right now.
Old 08-12-2004, 03:52 PM

Default Re: What would you like to see more/less of in the EG+ Forum? (BauleyCivic)

I like it the way it is...

Only suggestion would be to make the sticky threads more noticable(different colored link then the rest of them...maybe)
Old 08-12-2004, 03:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: What would you like to see more/less of in the EG+ Forum? (EGinNY)

I think that things are good as they are now.

Old 08-12-2004, 03:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: What would you like to see more/less of in the EG+ Forum? (DSeriesBKilla)

i like it the way it is......pictures belong in the a/c forum,unless tech related. maybe a sticky of places to buy stuff (i.e. cf hoods,duckbills,mirrors,jdm accessories,wheels,etc. for civics/del sols)
Old 08-12-2004, 03:59 PM

lock any threads of any kind of Band Wagoning... Rice or JDM....
Old 08-12-2004, 04:43 PM

TTT
Old 08-12-2004, 04:50 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

honestly, i think it might be very handy for people if you stickeyed the Mini-Me swap guide posted by BauleyCivic posted here:

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=554053

not sure about others, but this looked very well done and detailed, and it's already on 15 pages of discussion. good read for anyone planning on doing that.

just my 2 cents though.

p.s. if this is already stuck somewhere that i didn't notice, then ignore me
Old 08-12-2004, 05:39 PM
Economic Upturn, WUT

Default Re: What would you like to see more/less of in the EG+ Forum? (AzntaggeR)

Bauley only thing I'd request to add to its greatness, is more FAQs in the section, (more indepth painting process of wheels, a C5 swap FAQ *only if*, and maybe even something for someone that has no internal experience, like installing such ans such, i know there is already stuff, but more indepth is all id say, thanks baul

Alex
Old 08-12-2004, 05:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: What would you like to see more/less of in the EG+ Forum? (EGinNY)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EGinNY &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I like it the way it is...

Only suggestion would be to make the sticky threads more noticable(different colored link then the rest of them...maybe) </TD></TR></TABLE>

I like this idea. Like the red "Forum Changes" thread in GDD. Definately an attention grabber.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by NorcalHB94 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">honestly, i think it might be very handy for people if you stickeyed the Mini-Me swap guide posted by BauleyCivic posted here</TD></TR></TABLE>

One of the most sought after write-ups on this forum. Excellent idea.

Is there any way to make the search button more noticable?

All in all I'd say the forum is doing well!
Old 08-12-2004, 06:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: What would you like to see more/less of in the EG+ Forum? (JimmyAtlantis)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JimmyAtlantis &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Is there any way to make the search button more noticable?
</TD></TR></TABLE>

sounds like a magnificent idea

the forum is doing fine how it is, but i honestly admit i do miss the old days when there was an obvious lack of the ricers.

what we can do for them... is simply not to flame away, but to encourage and show them that 'honda-tech' is just that --- tech.
Old 08-12-2004, 06:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: What would you like to see more/less of in the EG+ Forum? (jdmsiR20)

defiantly should make the search button larger lol, and also i think the best idea would be to lock any or delete the posts of haters imediatly if they dont have relavence to the topic and are just being dicks, i think there should be a greater consequence and % points taken off immediatly
Old 08-12-2004, 06:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: What would you like to see more/less of in the EG+ Forum? (Soccerking3000)

I think a DIY forum should be created, and all the DIY threads that generate alot of traffic, from this forum and others should be compiled there... without the ability to reply to them though. Just a thought...
Old 08-12-2004, 06:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: What would you like to see more/less of in the EG+ Forum? (Soccerking3000)

1. Stickies of links to threads with how-to's on engine swaps.

2. As previously stated the search function needs to be more obvious.

3. Seeing as this is more of a technical forum, try and keep it that way, I guess more moderator enforcement.

4.A link for common how-to's, oilchange, valve adjustments, the things most people can handle.

5.A link for statisticts so there is no arguements about what engine puts out what power.

6.Strict enforcement on flaming and hate talking. Too many threads are being corrupted by people talking bad about one another.

Most of these suggestions for the stickies could easily be rolled into one simple and consice topic/thread.
Old 08-12-2004, 06:29 PM

Default Re: What would you like to see more/less of in the EG+ Forum? (NorcalHB94)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by NorcalHB94 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">honestly, i think it might be very handy for people if you stickeyed the Mini-Me swap guide posted by BauleyCivic posted here:

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=554053

not sure about others, but this looked very well done and detailed, and it's already on 15 pages of discussion. good read for anyone planning on doing that.

just my 2 cents though.

p.s. if this is already stuck somewhere that i didn't notice, then ignore me </TD></TR></TABLE>
This is a very informative thread and definitely worth a read.

Also, as some others said, different colors for stickeyed threads.

Edit: I would also suggest trying to lock, delete, or move common threads like "what swap should I get?" or threads that just don't belong before the flaming and hating gets out of control.
Old 08-12-2004, 06:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

There is a lot of good suggestions here already so I will just say the mods are doing a good job and thanks for sharing the knowledge!
Old 08-12-2004, 06:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: What would you like to see more/less of in the EG+ Forum? (AzntaggeR)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by AzntaggeR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i like the EG+/Del Sol forum as it is right now. </TD></TR></TABLE>

but get rid of the "view count" though....makes me nervous sometimes seeing 1000 views and 3 replies

...unless there are other reasons to keep them up.
Old 08-12-2004, 07:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: What would you like to see more/less of in the EG+ Forum? (handa)

I think we might be scaring away some people with our meanness. Granted, it's probably deserved, but I would like to see less flaming and more education as to the Honda-tech ways.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jdmsiR20 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
what we can do for them... is simply not to flame away, but to encourage and show them that 'honda-tech' is just that --- tech.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Good stuff.

Also, if you could make some sort of sub-forum for all the stickies and DIY's and all that useful ****, that would rule my face off.

EG+ is going TTT
Old 08-12-2004, 08:04 PM

Default Re: What would you like to see more/less of in the EG+ Forum? (Mistamike17)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Mistamike17 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I think we might be scaring away some people with our meanness. Granted, it's probably deserved, but I would like to see less flaming and more education as to the Honda-tech ways.

Good stuff.

Also, if you could make some sort of sub-forum for all the stickies and DIY's and all that useful ****, that would rule my face off.

EG+ is going TTT</TD></TR></TABLE>

yes, less flaming!!!!
also....less "what exhaust should i get" , etc etc...... i feel like that topic has been beaten to death.
Old 08-12-2004, 08:05 PM
Electrician

Someone needs to come up with a some script that reminds people to Search before they start a new thread. Like a pop up screen stating, "Did you Search before you post this thread? If so, and you did find information, by posting this thread, it can lead you to being BANNED if this has been covered more than 10 times." Then click Ok or Cancel to continue.

We also need to relax on the flaming. I'm not saying I never flamed, but we need more encouragement and try to teach some of the 16 year old n00bs about Hondas and about what we THINK is the right way to go. Such as body kits, 18s, blah blah blah that most of us don't like. We need to ask WHY they want to go that route and help them out, without flaming on them and making them feel unwelcomed. I bet if we approach them a bit easier and try to encourage them to steer away from "bling" parts, we can have more clean looking Civics on here and more people trying to learn more and more about Honda and what it consists of.
Old 08-12-2004, 08:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: What would you like to see more/less of in the EG+ Forum? (VolpeOwnsU)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by VolpeOwnsU &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I think a DIY forum should be created, and all the DIY threads that generate alot of traffic, from this forum and others should be compiled there... without the ability to reply to them though. Just a thought...</TD></TR></TABLE>

yes that sounds great, i was thinking the same thing but I couldn't put it in words lol
Old 08-12-2004, 08:25 PM

Default Re: What would you like to see more/less of in the EG+ Forum? (CivicVX94)

I agree with the DIY thread and also with Dimi's idea regarding the search function.
Old 08-12-2004, 08:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

there should be an official picture thread in each of the categories

i think there should also be a area where only swaps are talked about

thats all i have to say for now
Old 08-12-2004, 08:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: What would you like to see more/less of in the EG+ Forum? (slowdx9585)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by slowdx9585 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i think there should also be a area where only swaps are talked about
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Hybrid forum? Wouldn't that be an area where only swaps are talked about or are you looking for EG+ specific swaps? (Even though most of the swaps in there are EG+)
Old 08-12-2004, 08:47 PM
Risky Business

Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
Default Re: What would you like to see more/less of in the EG+ Forum? (Mistamike17)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Mistamike17 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Hybrid forum? Wouldn't that be an area where only swaps are talked about or are you looking for EG+ specific swaps? (Even though most of the swaps in there are EG+)</TD></TR></TABLE>

This is the one thing that has been ticking me off recently. The gi-normous amount of swap questions (which belong in hybrid) as well as wheel/tire questions that really don't belong here.

Quick Reply: What would you like to see more/less of in the EG+ Forum?