Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Which throttle cable to use: GSR or EG's? Eg / GSR Hybrid! Pic of both inside!

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2003, 01:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which throttle cable to use: GSR or EG's? Eg / GSR Hybrid! Pic of both inside!

The motor is mounted in the Eg

The throttle cable is still on the 98 GSR and the throttle cable for the 93 Cx was just disconnected from the engine.

Does it matter which one I use?

GSR cable -- mounted to engine
CX cable -- coming from firewall

You are looking at opposite ends of each. The end you see for the Cx is the other side of the GSR (mounted to the engine). The end you see for the GSR is the Cx's part that is connected under the dash or whereever it goes.

Are they the exact same? It will probably be easier to hook the Cx up at the throttle than to run the GSR into the firewall. But, if the GSR's must be used, GSR it will be

Old 03-26-2003, 01:34 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Which throttle cable to use: GSR or EG's? Eg / GSR Hybrid! Pic of both inside! (Hybrid93Hatch)

You can get the CX one to work using the bracket on the intake manifold. But the GSR would be cleaner and more for the job and fit properly.
Old 03-26-2003, 03:29 PM
HT's Biggest Loser

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Which throttle cable to use: GSR or EG's? Eg / GSR Hybrid! Pic of both inside! (poison)

i have used stock cables in many swaps, but thats only because i didnt have a cable handy. Since you already have the gsr cable, mind as well hook it up, its not that hard to remove the cx one and install the gsr one, good luck.. Ron
Old 03-26-2003, 08:01 PM

Default Re: Which throttle cable to use: GSR or EG's? Eg / GSR Hybrid! Pic of both inside! (SIXTYdashONE)

I'm glad someone asked this. My swap just arrived with the cable cut, so it's DX throttle cable for me!
Old 03-26-2003, 11:17 PM

Default Re: Which throttle cable to use: GSR or EG's? Eg / GSR Hybrid! Pic of both inside! (saber1)

I'm glad someone asked this. My swap just arrived with the cable cut, so it's DX throttle cable for me!
Same here. lol
Old 03-27-2003, 04:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Which throttle cable to use: GSR or EG's? Eg / GSR Hybrid! Pic of both inside! (SIXTYdashONE)

i have used stock cables in many swaps, but thats only because i didnt have a cable handy. Since you already have the gsr cable, mind as well hook it up, its not that hard to remove the cx one and install the gsr one, good luck.. Ron
Would anyone off hand happen to know how difficult it is to remove the Cx and put the GSR in? ....I'll check my Helms in the meantime
Old 03-27-2003, 04:26 AM
JV
Who?

Default Re: Which throttle cable to use: GSR or EG's? Eg / GSR Hybrid! Pic of both inside! (Hybrid93Hatch)

Would anyone off hand happen to know how difficult it is to remove the Cx and put the GSR in? ....I'll check my Helms in the meantime
Not hard at all. Disconnect it from the pedal assembly, twist and pull it from the firewall. That's pretty much it...
Old 03-27-2003, 02:38 PM
New User

Default Re: Which throttle cable to use: GSR or EG's? Eg / GSR Hybrid! Pic of both inside! (JV)

takes literally 2 mins.
Old 03-27-2003, 06:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Which throttle cable to use: GSR or EG's? Eg / GSR Hybrid! Pic of both inside! (DA6-XSi)

I looked through the Helms today to see exactly what was all done. I was bored art work. Anyhow, couldn't find it after about 30 minutes of looking through the book. I feel confident with the 2 statements above
Old 04-06-2003, 09:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Took about one minute to pop the Cx cable out and install the GSR cable