Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TB and iacv motor questions here .

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2005, 08:13 PM
D-series ninja

Default TB and iacv motor questions here .

so im running a skunk manifold on my b18c(gsr) and using an ls throttle body, now what my question is is that the line from the inside of the throttle body going to the iacv motor, is that different than that of a gsr throttle body?
motor acts like it has a huge vacum leak, and i am 110% sure it is not a vacum leak, idles from like 1k-2500.

doesnt throw a cel on my ls computer if that matter.( my p28 took a crap on me )

Old 12-12-2005, 07:36 AM
D-series ninja

anyone ?
Old 12-12-2005, 08:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: TB and iacv motor questions here . (D-series ninja)

Are you using an LS ecu to run a GSR??? Or just to work out the idle bugs? Sounds like a fast idle not Iacv, unplug the IACV while its running does the car die? do the RPMs stay high?? The car should run right around 600rpm if its NA with the IACV disconnected. you dont have the TPS and IACV plugs reversed maybe??? Check these things ans repost.
Old 12-12-2005, 03:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Post up a picture of your thorttle body gasket. OBD1 gasket on a OBD2 throttle body won't seal right and vice versa.
Old 12-12-2005, 07:35 PM
D-series ninja

Default Re: TB and iacv motor questions here . (B. Cruz)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by B. Cruz &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Post up a picture of your thorttle body gasket. OBD1 gasket on a OBD2 throttle body won't seal right and vice versa.</TD></TR></TABLE>

will do tommorow after work...

--- and im running an Ls ecu( my p28 died) and am running an LS throttle body on a jdm GSR with skunk2 manifold.
Old 12-12-2005, 07:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by D-series ninja &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

--- and im running an Ls ecu( my p28 died) and am running an LS throttle body on a jdm GSR with skunk2 manifold. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Even with the LS ecu and a LS throttle body it is supposed to idle like stock so don't worry about that. I bet it is the gasket. I went through the same troubles when I had my JDM GS-R and skunk2 manifold.
Old 12-13-2005, 05:18 AM
D-series ninja

Default Re: TB and iacv motor questions here . (B. Cruz)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by B. Cruz &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Even with the LS ecu and a LS throttle body it is supposed to idle like stock so don't worry about that. I bet it is the gasket. I went through the same troubles when I had my JDM GS-R and skunk2 manifold.</TD></TR></TABLE>

yea. im sure its not a vacum leak. and ive checked everything like over and over, and sprayed starter fluid everywhere there could be a vacum leak, and got nothin, this is really really starting to get to me. hahaha
Old 12-13-2005, 10:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

The leak on the gasket is under the t/b if it is the wrong gasket. So even if you spray carb cleaner all over, it won't be apparent where the leak is.
Old 12-14-2005, 10:31 AM
D-series ninja

went and got a gasket for a GSR tb today, and am gonna put my GSR tb on to see if it changes anything. and will be checking the iacv plug and the tps plug to make sure there not on switched. will get back to this thred shortly.
Old 12-14-2005, 10:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (D-series ninja)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by D-series ninja &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">went and got a gasket for a GSR tb today, and am gonna put my GSR tb on to see if it changes anything. and will be checking the iacv plug and the tps plug to make sure there not on switched. will get back to this thred shortly.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Your new t/b gasket should match the obd version of your throttle body.
Old 12-14-2005, 11:00 AM
D-series ninja

Default Re: (B. Cruz)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by B. Cruz &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Your new t/b gasket should match the obd version of your throttle body.</TD></TR></TABLE>

well, i dont know what obd my GSR tb is. but i got a gasket for a obd1 GSR. so hopefully it works. if not then ill be trying a diff gasket.

and how could you have the map, and tps plugged in wrong. they dont even reach eachother. ( at least on my LS engine harness they wont. )
Old 12-14-2005, 11:18 AM
D-series ninja

heres my GSR tb, and the gasket i got. for who requested them to check out the situation.

Old 12-14-2005, 12:18 PM
D-series ninja

installed that gasket and that GSR tb and put in my PR3 ecu. ( which souldnt matter ) and idle bouces quickly frmo 1400 - 1700rpm (when car started to barely warm up ) . so it made it a little better but didnt eliminate the problem.
when started it made a really faint whistling sound like from the PCV or something. but the PCV isnt broken.
Old 12-14-2005, 12:37 PM
D-series ninja

which GSR throttle body has a FITV OBD1 or 2 ? would this make a difference runing a tb that eliminates it ? bc mine doesnt seem to have this ?
Old 12-14-2005, 12:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I knew it!!! WRONG GASKET!!!!!!

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by B. Cruz &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">The leak on the gasket is under the t/b if it is the wrong gasket. So even if you spray carb cleaner all over, it won't be apparent where the leak is. </TD></TR></TABLE>

OBD2 has no FITV.
Old 12-14-2005, 01:46 PM
D-series ninja

thats not the way i put the gasket on . i figured out the right way ofter i took the picture.
what you have circled is supposed to be on the other sside of the tb. lined up with the other "galley" or whatever you call it.
thats how i put the gasket on. like if you took the gasket and flipped it 180 degrees from top to bottom.
now it idles fast from 14-1700rpm.
Old 12-14-2005, 08:16 PM
D-series ninja

swapped the icav motor plug with the other and put the "bad" p28 in. and it seems to run great, no bouncing idle and no CEL.
when i put the LS p75 in it idled up to 3500. and dropped down and was idling all high and low.
put the PR3 in and idled and ran great, but hesitated at low throttle percentage. ( prolly bc its not chipped and is throwing a secondary oxygen sensor code)
but thats the scoop so far. runs good on the ecu i was running before that threw a solid CEL code, and was supposed to be "bad"
haha