Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Switched Injectors / Terrible Sputtering

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2013, 06:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Location: Howcome we park on driveways, and drive on parkways?
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Switched Injectors / Terrible Sputtering

I have a JDM '96 Spec ITR swap in a '96 EK Hatch.

Previously had exact motor in my coupe and had it dyno'd and tuned. Put out 197whp with stock ITR. Only upgrades were intake, headers, fuel rail, fpr, RC 310cc injectors, and exhaust.

I took the motor out and put it in my hatch. The ONLY thing that changed was the injectors. I used the 310's on a small single jingle turbo. I was using stock B-series injectors when first finishing the swap. Car ran and was pretty good but felt a little sluggish in mid range. The area I was seeing a large increase in air in my dyno tune, i was feeling a loss in power with the stock injectors. So I figured I need to go back to my bigger injectors.

I ordered Bosch 330cc injectors with a 4 post spray pattern. I installed them, and the car ran like absolute *****. Sputtering beyond belief. Couldnt even drive the car. No power, sounded like a go-kart. I removed them and put stocks back in and its much cleaner but back to power issue.

In changing my injectors, while removing the FPR, i lost the small O-ring that came with it. I bought a replacement O-ring kit and changed it. Fit fine and no leaks.

The only other adjustments I made to the car were trying to perfectly calibrate the TPS sensor which is a little out of whack at the moment. But that had no effect on how much the car was sputtering after injectors.

Is it because of the 4 post spray pattern and different style injectors?? Most applications I see are single pin injectors. Was planning on ordering a regular set of high impedance saturated 330's with the single pintle.

Am i missing something? Or should I just switch injectors?
Old 09-17-2013, 07:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Switched Injectors / Terrible Sputtering

You should get a wideband of some kind. What kind of ems do you have? might have to retune. Getting the TPS set to 0.5v at idle is important, I've had low rpm issues with it off just a bit.
Old 09-18-2013, 04:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Location: Howcome we park on driveways, and drive on parkways?
Default Re: Switched Injectors / Terrible Sputtering

I can get it to set to 4.5v at WOT but then when i let off the lowest it goes is .59

But the funny thing is, if it was reading higher than .48, wouldnt it be giving it more throttle than it should at idle? It doesnt, its so light its almost to the point of stalling.