Notices
All Motor / Naturally Aspirated No power adders

Undecided between RDX / RC Injectors

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2017, 05:49 AM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Undecided between RDX / RC Injectors

I have a 99 stock gs-r that I am currently putting some work in with a friend but I'm stuck between RDX or RC injectors. Opinions? Recommendations?
Old 04-25-2017, 06:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: Undecided between RDX / RC Injectors

What is the power goal?
I used the RDX injectors and they worked great. It was on an all motor application and we used vp c45. Made a decent amount of power and almost maxed out the injectors (260hp). But if you're just looking to just have bigger injectors in order to have more room for your stock motor, these injectors are great. Id recommend them. They are stock injectors and run and idle like stock.
Old 04-25-2017, 09:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 795 Likes on 735 Posts

RC's may be a drop in install where the RDX injectors will require modification to the fuel rail for the larger inlet size of these injectors. As for function... the RC is a much older Lucas style design whereas the RDX injector has 25 years of improvement in it's design. Both are excellent products... so which can you get the best price on new ???
Old 04-26-2017, 06:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by JRCivic1
RC's may be a drop in install where the RDX injectors will require modification to the fuel rail for the larger inlet size of these injectors. As for function... the RC is a much older Lucas style design whereas the RDX injector has 25 years of improvement in it's design. Both are excellent products... so which can you get the best price on new ???
You don't need to modify the fuel rail. K-tuned makes injector hats that convert to B series fuel rails. Reduces the inlet size to B series and makes them the right height. You can buy the injectors and the hats as a kit. Depending on where you get them I found a kit that comes with the injectors, hats and plug and play jumper harnesses for about $190. Looks like RC 440cc injectors go for about $320.
Old 04-26-2017, 11:38 AM

Received 234 Likes on 209 Posts

Originally Posted by hondaracing84
You don't need to modify the fuel rail. K-tuned makes injector hats that convert to B series fuel rails. Reduces the inlet size to B series and makes them the right height. You can buy the injectors and the hats as a kit. Depending on where you get them I found a kit that comes with the injectors, hats and plug and play jumper harnesses for about $190. Looks like RC 440cc injectors go for about $320.
I concur. I liked the RDX much more than the RC Injectors for smooth idle, ease of (my tuner's) tuning, and with the kit, ease of placement.

*Edit* I believe we used the Scion tC injector wiring clips from Chris@Xenocron, as I know I've yet to purchase anything from K-Tuned.

Last edited by TheShodan; 04-28-2017 at 06:42 AM.
Old 04-26-2017, 08:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 795 Likes on 735 Posts

I like the RDX injectors much more than the RC products as well. Installing RDX injectors with adapter hats will move the fuel rail further away from the intake manifold, which would require different rail spacers and longer bolts/hardware to secure all of the fuel components. Not that this is a big deal unless it causes some mechanical interference... in which case, additional modifications will be necessary. Short body injectors like the Injector Dynamics or Grams can use the adapter hats and keep the overall installation height fairly close to stock. Now, I am not a fan of injector adapter hats because they provide at least 4 MORE O-rings that may leak under pressure. Can you say "Be careful of the faulty installer valve" ???
Old 04-29-2017, 05:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Go rdx
Old 05-02-2017, 08:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i bought RDX injectors, and then the hats/clips from ebay

BE CAREFUL buying RDX injectors, theirs lots of Chinese knock offs that are JUNK.

i took no chance and bought mine from ACURA, sealed in honda boxes.

seems like i was under $300 for everything.
Old 05-02-2017, 01:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by darrinbrewer
i bought RDX injectors, and then the hats/clips from ebay

BE CAREFUL buying RDX injectors, theirs lots of Chinese knock offs that are JUNK.

i took no chance and bought mine from ACURA, sealed in honda boxes.

seems like i was under $300 for everything.
I agree. I bought mine from jhpusa.com. I trust that company and know they will sell genuine parts.