Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

swap and pistons

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2003, 04:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default swap and pistons

does anyone haveor know where i can find a b16a2, b17a, or b18c swap? i also have a set of spoon pistons that i haven't been able to do anything with if any one is interested make me a reasonable offer
Old 06-17-2003, 05:16 PM
AMG
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: swap and pistons (DsTeg2G)

spoon pistons? for which engine? I dont have too much money right now, but throw me a price that you would go no lower.

As for the engines, if you go with jdm engines then you will more than likely have to go through an online company. This can be a risky situation depending on who you chose. Undoubtably the best and 100% to this date best companys to buy from online are HMO and IAS.

(HMO) Honda motors online http://www.hmotorsonline.com has some of the best motors at great prices. However I have heard that there motors usually have around 80,000 depending on how much you want to spend. Still a very good place to buy from and wont rip you off.

[B](IAS) Import auto salvage http://www.importautosalvage.com[/B] is another excellent place to buy from. They too have great motors at great prices. There are certain guys that people always deal with from each company and from what I have heard, actually take the time to help you through your choice.

I have seen nothing but CLEAN, and when I say clean I mean CLEAN *** MOTORS! Its your choice who you want to go with, but its definetly a win/win situation.

*Note: Dont be fooled by a lower price elsewhere, you usually get what you pay for, trust me I know a few who have experienced this both good and bad. Trust me you dont want to see the bad motors

Company's To Stay Away From
-www.jdmclub.com
Please do not ever purchase from this company and if you ever hear the name: Mark Gearheart, turn the other direction and walk away. Just do a search on this site and you will see for yourself. I got my motor from there and it came from the next dist. that I will mention. My motor actaully was in great shape, but many things had to be replaced that ended up putting me in the hole.
-www.Osakajdmmotors.com
This is the other place NEVER to go! They were the dist. for my engine and though I was one of the very few who got a good motor, it took 3 months instead of 3 weeks like they said. Some are still waiting on motors from them through Mark and jdmclub.
Sorry to write so much, but trust me this is the short version of what I could write and turn into a Book. I am sure there are many other companys that are bad, so stick with the good ones even if they charge a little more, at least your guarenteed a good motor with correct milage!

I hope you have taken the time to read this because if you were planning on going with either of these company's, and ohh yes they are still selling **** motors, then i just saved you a BIG headache.

Anyways let me know on those spoon pistons lol

-Dylan
Old 06-17-2003, 06:42 PM

try jdmclub.com too. they got good deals. you want to talk to mark.
Old 06-17-2003, 08:07 PM

Default Re: swap and pistons (dohcVTEChatch)

pistons are for a b18c i was gonna use with lsvtec but i sold my gsr head cause i thought it would to much of a pain in the butt pistons a brand new never been used matter of fact they are still in the origanal wrapping and box i want at least $450 do you think that may be too high? thanks for the web sites
Old 06-17-2003, 08:43 PM
AMG
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (boostedgsrcivc)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by boostedgsrcivc &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">try jdmclub.com too. they got good deals. you want to talk to mark.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Is that funny? Thats not to me when i know people who are still waiting to hear from Mark and do not know if they will even get their engines. My friend final got his after nine months and will have to replace his tranny, header, and a few other things. This is after he got the first motor that they tried to send to him that was burnt and the oil was sludge. I dont think anyone would be willing to joke about this. **** im all done with this **** thank god, but i still wont look back and laugh. I am trying to help someone learn from mine and many many others mistakes so he doesnt have to spend any extra money.

Sorry for Rambling on man, so you want 450$???!
Ill im you and we can chat.....ok?
youve got im
Old 06-18-2003, 06:53 AM

Default Re: (dohcVTEChatch)

IM is hybrid2gteg i really want to use them but i need money for the swap first because my ls motor is getting old and i dog the **** out of it plus my tranny is fucked it pops out of second gear all the time so i figure why not find some place where i can get a cheap but decent swap the cheapest so far that i found was jdmcars.com talk to ya soon
Old 06-18-2003, 07:45 AM
AMG
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (DsTeg2G)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by DsTeg2G &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">so i figure why not find some place where i can get a cheap but decent swap the cheapest so far that i found was jdmcars.com talk to ya soon</TD></TR></TABLE>

Are you serious? Did you even read any responses that I posted and took my time to do? Man, sometimes I dont know why I post.

ohh I look forward to your thread about "How I went cheap and got cheap".
Do what you want, but I would highly advise not going about it this way. THINK MAN, what are the alternatives if the engine is not sent? Dont just go into a company because its cheaper.......ahh its no use, I am reposting what i just said.

Bottom Line, If you dont want to listen then do what you want, its your money
Old 06-18-2003, 08:13 AM

what thread about how i went cheap and got cheap, look guy i read your post i went to the sites and im taking your word for it im only saying that jdmcars.com isn't that expensive you jump to conclusions yeah your right it is my money i asked for advice not orders also jdmcars is based in southern MD which is pretty damn close to where i live, you need to relax chief i thought maybe you would have something better to say maybe an opinion about jdmcars not just a shut down telling me if its cheap it sucks
Old 06-18-2003, 09:42 AM
AMG
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (DsTeg2G)

Sorry if i came off in any way extreme, its just that I have seen many people who went cheap and got cheap. I had posted all of that info for a reason, so all im saying is search. If the places close to you, then it would be better to go pick it out yourself, this way you know what your getting and wont have to pay shipping. I just got frustrated for a sec while posting because i posted all of this **** and your response was, "I found this place that is real cheap, I think i am going to go with them". Not "hey i understand where your comming from, but i have found this place that is cheap and they are close to me." Sorry it just seemed as if you had selective reading or something
Old 06-18-2003, 01:34 PM

thanks for your help dude hey those pistons are for sale if your interested