Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

speedpeople.com sucks!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2003, 05:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default speedpeople.com sucks!!!!!!

Has anyone else out there ever ordered from speedpeople.com? and if so did you have problems getting your sh#t. I ordered some powerslot brake rotors and ebc greenstuff sticky pads for my 96' civic hatch back in the beginning of August, and still haven't gotten em'. They told me it would take 7-10 business days to get them. I called after three weeks and for some reason they never got shipped out so I was like alright, and I waited another 2-3 weeks and they still weren't in. so I called back and for some reason (even though they were in stock) still hadn't been shipped out. All the while I'm rolling on warped brake rotors and worn pads. Anyway to make an extremely long story short after about almost 5 months, 32 phone calls to the manager, a total of 8 hours spent on hold, a buttload of my daytime minutes wasted, a million times hearing "they should be there next week" and " I don't know why they didn't get shipped out." I still don't have my brake pads and rotors. I've tried to get them to charge back my money to my debit card and they won't. I don't know if they treat all of their customers this way or if I'm just the unlucky exception, but I will never order another thing from them again and I wouldn't recomend anyone else either.
Old 12-20-2003, 04:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: speedpeople.com sucks!!!!!! (fasthatch82)

If they charged your card and then never sent out what you paid for and won't refund you, then you need to go to your bank and file a chargeback against them. Since it's been so long they might not be able to do it though, there is a certain time frame that you have in order to do it.
I had to do it once about 2 years ago when I got ripped on Ebay on an ECU. Luckily I used my card will Paypal and had all the proof that I was cheated so I got refunded. That was even with an individual, but it did take awhile to all work itself out.
Old 12-23-2003, 11:42 AM

Default Re: speedpeople.com sucks!!!!!! (fasthatch82)

The exact same thing happened to me when i ordered a set of struts from them. They kept telling me that I'd get my stuff within the week - six weeks later, no stuff. I had some guy down there tell me that if i didnt get anything by a certain date, he'd refund my money. The date came and went, and when I called to get a refund they refused to give it to me! Thankfully, Citibank got my money back for me. Hope you used a credit card. Very poor business. Avoid Speedpeople!
Old 12-24-2003, 10:22 AM
Trial User

Default Re: speedpeople.com sucks!!!!!! (acy76)

NEVER EVER BUY FROM SPEEDPEOPLE. Its on boardman, ohio about 20 minutes from my house. The biggest joke. I wont buy anything from them.
Old 12-24-2003, 11:44 AM

i was gona make a thread jsut like this about how SPEEDPEOPLE SUX! i ordered a stupid pair of accel plug wires from them and it too a month and a half to get them i calle d a hundred times they jsut kept telling me next weekend i odered them in the beginning of nevember and just got them a week ago
Old 12-24-2003, 12:07 PM

Default Re: (bob evans)

yeah, I started a thread a while back.. https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=628717

If anyone searches under 'speedpeople' archived, it will show up.
Old 12-24-2003, 07:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i highly recomend modacar.com and good old reliable nopi for your non jdm parts
Old 12-24-2003, 10:23 PM
Help we my pennies

Default Re: (AMeg6)

i saw an other post on ht.com bouthoe speed people suckin ****
Old 12-26-2003, 07:46 AM

I hate to see that I'm not the only one thats been getting jacked around. The owners name is Ryan and I've talked to him a hundred times and always has some lame excuse.
Old 12-26-2003, 10:36 AM

yep its always the same excuse
Old 12-26-2003, 07:53 PM

Default Re: (fasthatch82)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by fasthatch82 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I hate to see that I'm not the only one thats been getting jacked around. The owners name is Ryan and I've talked to him a hundred times and always has some lame excuse.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I think everyone there is named Ryan. I talked to a few of 'em, but it was always a different Ryan that was supposed to know what was going on. Or claim to have never talked to me... I did tell one of those Ryans what I thought of his company - hope he was the owner.