Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

So I ordered my H23a vtec from jdmenineworld.com

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2012, 08:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default So I ordered my H23a vtec from jdmenineworld.com

And I am more than satisfied!!!! These guys are great and have totally won my business.
I have been buying everything from Hmotors forever, and I called them up a couple weeks ago to get a price on the h23 shipped to my house, they gave me the price I said "ok ill be calling back to order in two weeks" well two weeks later I call back to order and now the price has been raised $100, it was on special and they failed to tell me that the special was going to end when I planned to order, and did not want to give me the price they gave me prior. No hard feelings but needless to say I took my business elsewhere.

I called a lot of other engine importers and did some research on them. And then I stumbled across jdmengineworld.com.. I haven't really heard anything about them in the Honda community... They had some advertisements on b20vtec but I'm not a member there and so I couldn't find any info on people getting motors from them.. But continuing to search I found they had many satisfied customers in the Nissan community.

So after looking at their website and seeing the great deals they had and all the cool stuff I decided to give them a call and get a price. And even with shipping it was still a great price (they are in NY I am in Pa). So I asked them if they could send me exact pictures of the engine that the would be sending me and they did immediately.. Their customer service is absolutely great and they stand behind their word and definitely take care of their customers.

After I receiving the pics 10 mins after we hung up the first time I was pleased and called back and placed my order. This was thursday, they told me the engine would be picked up the next day and they would notify me when it has left the building. The next morning about 9 am I received my invoice and they told me the freight company has picked up my engine. At about 1 pm I received a call from the shipping company telling me that my engine was in town and if it wasn't a Friday I could have gotten it that day.

Monday rolls around here is my engine right on time. I pull the plastic off the motor and I have to say I am really impressed! Absolutely not one broken sensor a complete wiring harness and everything looks great. Also these guys do not pressure wash their engines which I like so that I can see the real condition of the motor not some polished turd like most companies do. And even though it wasn't pressure washed or even wiped down it was still really clean, and with the money I saved I have no problem cleaning this baby up.

Further inspection.. No rust any misc. Parts, oil pan is not dented all accessories are clean. All sensor clips come off easily, still has the orginal oem accesory belt with no cracks, no peeling paint on the valve cover only one very small scratch near timing belt side,removed valve cover it's very clean a very light gold tint, no gunk or oil sludge, rockers and cams have no wear, I took the intake manifold off also very clean and small amount of black buildup in cyl 2&4 which wiped right off. Spark plugs look good they are also originals.

I will be removing the head as soon as I get the engine on the stand, but so far everything looks great and jdmengineworld has officially won my business great price excellent customer service and super fast shipping! Anyone on the east coast I highly recommend giving these guys a call. And they have a lot more than just engines too.

Thank you jack at jdm engine world for taking care of me
Old 02-07-2012, 09:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: So I ordered my H23a vtec from jdmenineworld.com

what was the price of the longblock ? i was quoted 1300 for a PDE head h23
Old 02-07-2012, 09:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I got my 99 with p13 1000 shipped... Still think the pde>p13 thing is a myth... But I only opted for one being that it would mean its a newer motor, but they only had the p13s
Old 02-07-2012, 05:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Great Post..I also noticed HMO raised the price of the H23a..Im in the process of buying everything else and the motor last and I was going to go with HMO just because of the name..but I was hoping to find another company that could still give great service and a quality motor and with you buying the same motor I want..Im def. going to give them a call within the next week
Old 02-08-2012, 06:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Yeah it seems like you never hear about people's good experience with a company only the bad, and I just wanted to put this out there that there are other good companies to deal with and nice alternative for some east coast guys, and they don't pull that crap that tiger Japanese does. Give these guys a call I don't think you will be disappointed