Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

So after reading tons and tons of posts I believe I figured out what swap I am going to do... commen

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2007, 08:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default So after reading tons and tons of posts I believe I figured out what swap I am going to do... commen

I got a 93 hatch... It has the old crapy d15 and I think I either want to do a gsr swap or a h22a swap they both seem good to me on one hand the h22a is about a 1000 cheaper compared to the gsr. Now being the noob that I am what would you guys recomend. Its gonna be used as a daily driver but once the weather clears up in may or so I will start getting together with the racers and I want to beat them since they talk all day long. Well a couple of them dont. I also want to slap turbo and nitro on the car. I am gonna also build it up with pistons cams pretty much everything. I want to know your guys ideas and what you personaly have in your vehicle? also any links for these swaps couldn"t fine much on it
Old 11-04-2007, 09:08 AM

Default Re: So after reading tons and tons of posts I believe I figured out what swap I am going to do... co

come on i am very serious and need help on this... any ideas?
Old 11-04-2007, 10:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: So after reading tons and tons of posts I believe I figured out what swap I am going to do... co

get the GSR, the $1000 you'd save in base price of the motor would be spent on mounts, linkage and other neccesary items to get the h up and running.

the only way to do an H swap is an h2b other than that i consider them to be a waste of time.

GSR with boost
Old 11-04-2007, 10:41 AM

i say go with the gsr. your gonna spend a decent amount of money on the h just getting it into your car let alone running it. and if you want a good h22 setup than i would go with the h2b kit but thats another 1000 alone. if u have the money and the time than go with the h22 or h2b but if you dont feel like doing alot of work and spending alot of time with it then get the gsr.
Old 11-04-2007, 10:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

and I say H22 so it's basically just an H22 vs GSR debate.

Useless *** topic.

You said you read a lot - you didn't.

You said you can't find info on these swaps, you can.

Stop wasting peoples' time. You want to daily drive the car, but at the same time you want a fully built high output motor boosted AND nitrous? That's not a street build, that's a strip build.

Go back to step one: Research.

Decide what engine you're going to put in and put it in. Other people can't decide for you, obviously these 2 say GSR, I say h22, people will have different opinions. So decide what YOU (you DOES NOT = the guy next to you) want and put it in.

Then once it's in, if you're unsatisfied with the power, you can boost it, etc.

You want a full build on the motor too, so you're saying the 300whp either motor could take on stock internals isn't good enough for you?

Do you even know what 300whp in a civic feels like? You've been daily driving with what, 90hp at the wheels?

Go back to reading, this is not a debate forum, and you certainly aren't ready for the swap.
Old 11-04-2007, 10:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Syndacate)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Syndacate &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">and I say H22 so it's basically just an H22 vs GSR debate.

Useless *** topic.

Stop wasting peoples' time. You want to daily drive the car, but at the same time you want a fully built high output motor boosted AND nitrous? That's not a street build, that's a strip build.

Decide what engine you're going to put in and put it in. Other people can't decide for you, obviously these 2 say GSR, I say h22, people will have different opinions. So decide what YOU (you DOES NOT = the guy next to you) want and put it in.

You want a full build on the motor too, so you're saying the 300whp either motor could take on stock internals isn't good enough for you?

Do you even know what 300whp in a civic feels like? You've been daily driving with what, 90hp at the wheels?

Go back to reading, this is not a debate forum, and you certainly aren't ready for the swap.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Win. Made me get a little emotional even.
Old 11-04-2007, 01:18 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (Syndacate)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Syndacate &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">and I say H22 so it's basically just an H22 vs GSR debate.

Useless *** topic.

Go back to reading, this is not a debate forum, and you certainly aren't ready for the swap.</TD></TR></TABLE>

100% agreed.