Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SMSP/Moroso B Series Production Oil Pan Now Ready

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2002, 09:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SMSP/Moroso B Series Production Oil Pan Now Ready

Here are some pictures of the new SMSP/Moroso B Series Oil Pan that is now in production. The standard Moroso 20901 pan was slightly redesigned to allow for more room for larger tube headers, i.e. B20VTECs, so that ground clearance could be enhanced. The first 4 pictures are of the production oil pan. The last 2 are of a B20VTEC header with a modified 20901 oil pan.

Old 04-23-2002, 09:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: SMSP/Moroso B Series Production Oil Pan Now Ready (SMSP)

Will this Oil-Pan work with a z10Girdle and GSR Oil Pump Pickup?

Suprdave
Old 04-23-2002, 10:47 AM

Default Re: SMSP/Moroso B Series Production Oil Pan Now Ready (Suprdave)

Sweet Job Dave!!!! Now if only I had a CRVTEC!
Old 04-23-2002, 02:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Is the modified Moroso pan the same price as the standard Moroso pan? Will you be offering the pan and header as a package at a reduced price?

Thanks
Old 04-23-2002, 07:32 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

i cant believe another pioneer in our industry (custom header designs) has colaborated w/ an american company. makes me sick.
Old 04-23-2002, 08:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: SMSP/Moroso B Series Production Oil Pan Now Ready (hondaatwsu)

I personally applaud Dave for taking the innitiative to work to supply parts that make our cars faster and more plug and play, rather than having to custom fab everything to acheive the kind of results and output that domestics can only dream of.

People like SMSP, Crower, Skunk2 and Endyn (here come the flames) have really upped the ante recently for those of us that feel the Japanese made parts were slightly outrageously priced.

And by your post, you seem to be flaming Dave himself, as he IS an american company.
Old 04-24-2002, 05:25 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Default Re: SMSP/Moroso B Series Production Oil Pan Now Ready (Jaker)

im not flaming dave directly. im saying hes catering to the import industry. i just think that he should make moroso buy a few headers then do their own research. with so many companies selling out (ie JG/Edelbrock) its really makin the industry go, but at the same time their is no purity. look at NIRA, bought out by NHRA, thats BS. NIRA didnt need NHRAs name to get big, they were headed in the right direction already. what im saying is i wouldnt buy from companies that started building V8 parts way back in the day. that would b Edelbrock, Moroso, Crower, Crane, and the likes. sellout to the $$$$.
Old 04-24-2002, 07:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Are you serious man? I think its excellent that domestic companies are getting involved with imports, means a lot more parts for us along with higher quality parts in some instances. Most of these guys have 30+ YEARS of engine development and when they apply that to imports it makes everything a whole lot better. So its selling out when they get involved in the fastest growing segment of the tuning market? You gotta be kidding. NIRA has everything to gain by being bought by NHRA. NHRA is the premier circuit for drag racing, i would be more pissed if they didnt get involved. It allows import racing to grow faster, get more organized and thats perfectly fine with me. I think more people should get involved with the performance of imports and they are, at an alarming rate. Ive been into import tuning for about 7 years, not long but damn, ive seen this whole sport grow. I like where its at nowadays and cant wait for it to get even bigger.

Although i do wish some American companies like APC and all their ugly crap would just die and go away.

[Modified by 5speedv6, 4:29 PM 4/24/2002]
Old 04-24-2002, 07:31 AM

Default Re: SMSP/Moroso B Series Production Oil Pan Now Ready (5speedv6)

Exactly... take a look through a summit catalog and see how cheap domestic parts are. There will always be high end places (1k+ custom headers, etc) but the established manufacturers have the infrastructure in place to produce parts much more inexpensively than a small company.
Old 04-24-2002, 07:33 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

I respect your opinion, but still, where the hell are you coming from? JDM companies have not been around as long as majority as these domestic companies. plus, buying domestic made stuff could be better in some ways, in such that the manufactur is closer, in which the costumer could be more direct about things. Such now as a header not fitting a B20 vtec with that oil pan. Perhaps you should realize that JDM stuff is great and all, but it will never be the end all to import mod parts. Selling out? what do you mean? they are in the buisness to make money, they go where the money is at. if they didn;t, then they would go under. If NIRA didn't want to be bought out, then they would have rejected NHRA's offer.
Old 04-24-2002, 06:40 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Default Re: SMSP/Moroso B Series Production Oil Pan Now Ready (5speedv6)

i was at a NIRA event, it went perfectly fine. so u guys have ur opinions and i have mine. u can buy ur cheap off the shelf domestic parts and ill stick to my import only parts. its as bad as NASCAR takin over speedvision. now we cant get anything but NASCAR. the scene could have grown fast without the likes of NHRA, and other sponsors.
Old 04-24-2002, 07:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i just think that he should make moroso buy a few headers then do their own research.

what im saying is i wouldnt buy from companies that started building V8 parts way back in the day. that would b Edelbrock, Moroso, Crower, Crane, and the likes. sellout to the $$$$.
I wasn't sure if I should respond to this little tangent or not but here goes. First off I can't make anyone buy one of my headers let alone a few. Moroso doesn't need to do any research for this since it's not something that they looked into selling.

I had a customer with one of the 20901 pans and after looking at it, I thought it could be modified in such a way that would allow me to "package" a B20 header better and it all worked out. Then I had to decide weather to buy the pans as built and spend the time to modify them or have the original manufacturer build them the way I needed them from the start and save me the time. Moroso builds top quality parts and sells them for a fair price. This was a no brainer decision. Now, if someone doesn't want to buy the oil pan because it is American made and your car was built in Japan, well then that's his decision. Or, if people think less of SMS Products because of that, well I can't do anything about that. Many people would be surprised to find out who and where many of their parts are made. Remember American engineering know how and fabrication is second to none.

One last thing, are you going to get rid of your RC Injectors, Eagle rods and JE pistons?
Old 04-25-2002, 03:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Dave.,

you've got IM on ur b20header & oilpan, i'm in the market for both, how much? email me: vntperformance@hotmail.com

vnt (Val T.)
All Sport Racing
Laurel, Maryland.
Old 04-28-2002, 08:16 PM

Default Re: SMSP/Moroso B Series Production Oil Pan Now Ready (vntperformance)

i don't care if the **** was made in zimbabwe or new zealand..if it's quality made, functional and lets me kick *** during a drag race, then i'm all for it.
Old 04-30-2002, 05:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

One last thing, are you going to get rid of your RC Injectors, Eagle rods and JE pistons?
lol.. I'm away from these boards for 2 months, and I come back to the same fkn crap from the same guy again.. I'm not gonna break it down for u again (considering your reply was, uhm, apologetic, to say the least).. Anyhow, I love the quote above because it was the same thing I said back then..

Anyhow, about the subject at-hand, I really admire the time, effort and skill involved in putting together the pan, u guys.. good sh.. I know it takes alot to plan it and get it going, and I hope everything goes good.. I'm sure I don't have to tell you to look past the trolls that may try bringing down those who are out to retire early..