Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Serious tranny problems

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2005, 01:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Serious tranny problems

I was driving to pick up my sister, i started noticeing the wheels was jumping to the left every couple of minutes; like the lugs were half way off and the wheels were wobleing. But then it would go away for a couple minutes, and then come back. On the way back home the problem persisted, but about 1 mile after i picked up my sister, i pushed in the clutch and down shifted to 2nd, stopped, and then moved the shifter into 1st as i usually do. I proceeded to accelerate and made a right turn, but noticed i could not go much over 5mph, and stopped within 20ft of noticing so. I messed around with the clutch a bit and noticed the pedal was where it normally was, and had just as much pressure as usuall, but it appeared to be somewhat permanetly grabbing, to an extent. I could move the shifter around w/o pushing in the clutch, and it the car did not want to move very fast no matter what the RPM.

I was at the bottem of the largest hill in the area (190th and PCH, if anyone lives near me ) So i called AAA to tow me back to my house (about 3 miles away) and got a tone saying telling me currently no one was availible, so i called my dad (Yes, i'm 16) and he showed up and managed to drive it back home, while i followed in his truck. He said it didn't want to go untill 3rd, so i guess he was able to actually shift gears in it.

Any help would be appreciated, should i take it to AAMCO or something?, anyone a link to a thread to someone who has experianced this?

BTW: My car is a 93 Civic Sedan with an H22A with LSD
Old 07-20-2005, 06:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Serious tranny problems (fwdtamiya)

Problem solved, the right axel has decided not to drive the wheel