Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rough idle problems?????

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2002, 06:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rough idle problems?????

Hey guys I just did a D16Z6 swap into my CX. I used the stock CX computer and the stock CX harness. idled a little high till the car warmed up. Once it warmed up it quieted right down to normal. I wanted VTEC so I added a P28 which I got for 85 bux great buy. I was considering running it to a switch but since i got the P28 ECU I decided to look around for a SI/EX harness since on 92's the vtec wires are already their it would be plug and play but once i put in the P28 the car idled up and down really fast than slow. also their was bad hesitation when driving. So i put my stock cx ecu back in and it ran fine. Am I having problems because I am using my stock harness? Or could it be that I did not add the extra wires? for example Oil pressure switch, O2 sensor, and vtec solenoid plus ground. Any help would be much appreciated. If adding the wires for vtec will correct the problems can anyone show me some pics of how they did it. All I have to do is run the extra wires to the strut tower right? Anybody please help me. I am a newb but I have done everything all myself swap wise. Will post pics if needed...

Help Help Help me please!!!!!!!
Old 10-02-2002, 06:27 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Rough idle problems????? (fasterthenmost)

are you throwing any codes? and makin sure your o2 is wired up properly,

you also might have the IACV disconnected or have a vacuum leak
Old 10-02-2002, 07:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Rough idle problems????? (poison)

I know my check engine light is on for a fact, most likely due to the 02 sensor. Imma pick up a stock DX harness which I am getting for free helped a friend out with some parts. The DX has the 4-wire 02 sensor, hopefully it will fill all the missing sensors but I do not think their are many missing besides 02 thanks for all the help ok.