Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

questions, questions. 93 ls motor> 93 civic, pedals, speedo cable, wiring?

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2002, 02:07 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default questions, questions. 93 ls motor> 93 civic, pedals, speedo cable, wiring?

well I have a 93 civic 2dr with a bad motor, and a recently purchased 93 integra that runs and drives perfect just has a salvage title and needs a pass door. taking the motor and trans out of the teg to put in the civic for my girlfriend. civic is auto, teg is stick. can i just take the teg pedal assembly and put it in the civic? also, teg has speedo cable, civic has sensor plugged in. will the sensor go in the teg trans? I need to use the teg computer in the civic, but do I also need to use the wiring from the b18 motor or the civic motor? I"ve been searching the forum for a month or so and haven't found any specific answers. trying to keep it low budget. thanks.
Old 04-07-2002, 04:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: questions, questions. 93 ls motor> 93 civic, pedals, speedo cable, wiring? (civicwagonman)

well I have a 93 civic 2dr with a bad motor, and a recently purchased 93 integra that runs and drives perfect just has a salvage title and needs a pass door. taking the motor and trans out of the teg to put in the civic for my girlfriend. civic is auto, teg is stick. can i just take the teg pedal assembly and put it in the civic? also, teg has speedo cable, civic has sensor plugged in. will the sensor go in the teg trans? I need to use the teg computer in the civic, but do I also need to use the wiring from the b18 motor or the civic motor? I"ve been searching the forum for a month or so and haven't found any specific answers. trying to keep it low budget. thanks.
Oh, man, one year off.

If the Integra was a 1994, you'd be good to go.

I'm told this swap CAN be done, but you're in for a lot more work than just swapping over the Integra parts to the Civic.

I can't even begin to address all the stuff you have to do to make this work, but you can do it.

Shawn
Old 04-07-2002, 04:48 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: questions, questions. 93 ls motor> 93 civic, pedals, speedo cable, wiring? (shawnhayes)

will a 97 accord transmission work? its hydro isnt' it? I thought I had studied this out enough, but now I'm feeling lost. I'm not afraid of modifications, that I can handle fine. if It can be done i can do it. just don't want to reinvent the wheel.

[Modified by civicwagonman, 5:50 PM 4/7/2002]
Old 04-08-2002, 06:41 PM

Default Re: questions, questions. 93 ls motor> 93 civic, pedals, speedo cable, wiring? (civicwagonman)

will a 97 accord transmission work? its hydro isnt' it? I thought I had studied this out enough, but now I'm feeling lost. I'm not afraid of modifications, that I can handle fine. if It can be done i can do it. just don't want to reinvent the wheel.

[Modified by civicwagonman, 5:50 PM 4/7/2002]
No, 97 accord transmission will not work that I'm aware of. Accords have F or H series motors, and in general, Honda transmisions that can be swapped need to be at least from the same family.

However, ANYTHING can be made to work if you have the dough, but looks like you're on a budget just like the rest of us.

Shawn
Old 04-08-2002, 06:59 PM
B18C-EJ1

Default Re: questions, questions. 93 ls motor> 93 civic, pedals, speedo cable, wiring? (shawnhayes)

Wireharness - Plug and play
Engine installation - Easy to Moderate
Ecu - Plug and play

Need -

HASport Hydro to cable adapter kit
94+ Integra shift linkage

You're done.
Old 04-08-2002, 09:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: questions, questions. 93 ls motor> 93 civic, pedals, speedo cable, wiring? (B18C-EJ1)

not finished. need pedal manual pedal assembly from 92+ civic. need to mount hydrolic lines and punch/drill holes to mount. also need to wire in 2 sensors that reside on the clutch pedal. then need to disable some stuff in order for the car to realize its not a manual anymore. im stuck at the point right now of gettting the car to realize its not an auto. wont crank over since it thinks its still in gear but stalled out. this is all on a 92 teg that i did an auto to manual on. youll also need to pull the dash most likely to have access to the pedal assembly, and switch over the dahs wiring harness. if you swap over the dash wiring harness you shouldnt have any problems like im having. im not talking about the big firewall harness either.
Old 09-09-2004, 12:09 PM

Default Re: questions, questions. 93 ls motor> 93 civic, pedals, speedo cable, wiring? (90accord1)

i might as well throw in my 2 cents, i put a 91 teggy b18a1 in a 92 civic. u need different motor mounts also. it will not sit str8 with what you have you need 94-2000 integra mounts. in 92 the teggy went to obd1 wiring, i had to swap wiring systems but luckily you dont the exhaust is different, doesnt line up, your best bet on tranny is a 94-2000 integra tranny or 2000 civic si so you dont have to do hydro to cable conversion, otherwise mostly what they said was true minus what i added here, adios
Old 03-14-2010, 10:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: questions, questions. 93 ls motor> 93 civic, pedals, speedo cable, wiring?

Hey guys, sorry to bring back an old thread. I have a 96 civic hatchback. I'm looking to doing an auto to manual conversion. I was just wondering if anyone knows if the pedal assembly from a 95 integra ls fit in the civic? How about the master cylinder and slave cylinder? How about the clutch lines, do they have the right bends to fit right into a civic? or would I need the civic clutch lines? Basically There is a teg being parted out near my home, and I would like to get any possible parts from that car to do the auto to manual swap. Thanks guys!!