Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Putting a ZC JDM from ARD Performance into a bone stock 1990 Civic d15b1 chasis

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2004, 10:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Putting a ZC JDM from ARD Performance into a bone stock 1990 Civic d15b1 chasis

Hello all,
this seems to be a really cool site so, I just bought a JDM ZC motor from ARD Performance in Cali. Got the motor tonight from the frieght yard and immeadiatly ripped off the plastic and dropped it in for a test fit. So far, I was dissapointed by the fact that anything wider than the block was cut off or torched off (I.E. the wiring harness and the sensors are intact, but the connectors for the wiring harness are sliced off and missing). After minor prep and quite a bit of pushing and shoving, the thing dropped into the stock mounts and just barely clears the hood when closed. So far I have figured out that I need a new throttle position sensor, axles from an Si (I think), a new wiring harness (or the connector end off the engine into the engine fuse panel and also into the firewall end), a short ram intake system (or long ram if I can find the appro. setup), performance distributor (the one on the ZC was cracked from either the car it was in flipping over or during the shippig process), new plugs wires and distr. cap, new belts and engine mounts (can't count on old rubber), oh yeah, and an ECU and wiring harness for ecu to firewall. If anybody can tell me if some of this crap can be used off my old engine or my stock parts modified to suit the new engine, definitely let me know.
thanks everyone.