Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

put a 99 B18B1 in a 93 civic EX

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2004, 03:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default put a 99 B18B1 in a 93 civic EX

i just put in a 99 B18B1 engine in my 93 civic EX, as far as direct bolt in.............. horse ****. the ENGINE and TRANS bolts right in, EVERYTHING else does not however. being its a 99 teg that the engine was out of is i guess where the fitment problems came from, after the engine was put in, the stock civic powersteering pump wont fit the B18B, then the power steering hose from the rack to the pump was too small. so we took the teg one off and it wasnt bent to fit the civic rack, becareful when you bend it, there REAL fragile. then the EVAP system doesnt fit up, still havent figured out a way to fit it up right. then i had to grab the integra catalytic converter cause the civic one was about 2 inchs too short. it ended up being that the linkage was bent from the teg motor so that was a mess by it self trying to bend them back to shape. then throttle cable was also too short so we had to strip the teg of it and put it on the civic. all in all it wasnt too bad, after all the headaches were over i took it out and all i can say is OMG, HUGE difference. low end torque is awsome in it and it pulls hard all the way up the rev range, no more downshifting up hills lol. the B18B1 with an AEM intake is loud as ****. ill post some pics of it later this week. hope this helps anyone doing a OBD2 engine in a OBD1 car. any questions hit me up!