Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Problems with idle and missing coolant line-HELP!!!

Old 03-08-2007, 05:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problems with idle and missing coolant line-HELP!!!

Just finished getting everything in my swap, gsr in a 99 dx...everythings stock besides a BLOX IM and chipped ecu from pherable.

AND on the canister on the firewall where fuel comes from, it leaks a little when the car is on!

The idle is just go up and down really fast on start up. Thing is i don't have the throttle cable hooked up because I still need to figure if I can reuse the d-series cable or need something else...never found an answer but said I could start it, but not drive...Could that be it?

Also, have a crazy coolant leak. Found out I was missing a hose or plug. I have no idea what it is or what it needs to go to. Best picture I can get for now...

It's under the big hose behind the IM, it has like a little bend to it where it points down, about 90º...

Old 03-09-2007, 10:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Problems with idle and missing coolant line-HELP!!! (Dudikoff)

Ok figured out the coolant problem now have a few others

-Idle is still fucked up
-Shotting a little spark from the starter when i turn it on
-Crazy squeeking noise from some where on the driver side. I loosened the alternator belt a little but it's still doing it.

Here's a video...you can kind of see the spark come out by where the power goes into it, not sure where the little puff of smoke comes from after I shut it down. You can hear the loud *** squeek and idle as well...

http://www.yourfilehost.com/media.php?cat=...015Untitled.WMV