Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Please help me!!! Problem after problem...

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2003, 02:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Please help me!!! Problem after problem...

I leave on Friday, Aug 1st right after work to go to Oregon. I'm in Dallas now, and I've got to drive my car there.

I'm frantically trying to get it ready to make the 2K+ mile trip, and considering I work full time and go to class at night, it's really going slow.

1) I got the Hondata/p28 installed and noticed I still can't check CEL's and I've got a constant CEL. I think it's in safe mode or whatever because there's no VTEC. I've got s200 with a basemap from Rocket. What would be causing this?????

2)Freakin fuel entry hose(one that goes straight to fuel filter) just snapped in half about 5 min ago. I wasn't even really molesting it or anything, The line had a kink in it and just went SNAP.

I'm going to run an inline fuel filter, but I cannot figure out how I can keep the Fuel Pressure gauge. I've seen some people that have it right on the fuel rail...how did you do this? Maybe I need an adaptor of some kind.

3) I cannot, for the life of me, keep the alternator belt tight enough to not squeal/slip. The a/c compressor was in the way of the alternator adjuster...there was no way to make it clear, so I just took it off, but now I can't manually make it tight enough. Any ideas?

I'm mostly concerned with the ECU situation, what causes a constant CEL? I've tried it on a few different ECU's, ECU's I know are good, and it still does the exact same thing. Constant CEL, can't check codes. CEL doesn't go off when with the car off, but the key turned to the 'on' position like it's supposed to.

I was hoping to get it fully tuned on Wednesday, but considering it won't do jack crap, I dunno how they'll be able to tune it.

On a side note, my shuddering at WOT is really bad. When I go WOT while in gear, it feels like the car is just going to fall apart...but it's silky smooth when revving and not in gear.

I need some ideas quick....I'm really running out of time AND money fast.

TIA.
Old 07-27-2003, 07:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Please help me!!! Problem after problem... (Jonathan_EH)