Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ok.. did a search and got the run around.. just going to ask....

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2003, 08:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ok.. did a search and got the run around.. just going to ask....

like the topic says.. i did a search for all of my questions that i am about to ask... and just got the run around, i have done search's other place's as well.. so id thought i will just ask.....flame if u like... and please just answer.. no link to another site.. im sick of that ****(unless that site has absolutely every detail on how to do wiring for my exact car), i just want some people's knowledge not their immaturity.....

I have a 97 dx (EJ6) OBD2 d16y7. I am planning on getting a b18b1 non-vtec LS motor... and i need to know a few things b4 i do the swap myself....

Will the stock mount's fit? or do i have to get a Hasport mount kit?

What EXACT wire's do i have to change or pinout's do i have to do in order for this to work?

How exactly do i remove "Pinout's"? I have never touched a ecu/wiring harness in my life yet, so i have yet to learn?

If my d16y7's ECU was obd2, do i have to get a jumper harness to do a obd2-obd1? if not how do i make the p75 obd1?

Do i need a throttle cable attachment for b18b1, since my throttle body now on my d-series, is pointing straight up?

Do i have to get different radiator hose's?

And i believe that is it.. i will add more question's on here if need be, u can feel free to flame i suppose, i am a NOOB when it comes to engine swaping myself, but i like the challenge, and i like the experience i get from it... thanx.

-Jason
Old 07-22-2003, 09:27 PM
New User

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: ok.. did a search and got the run around.. just going to ask.... (Type-X)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Type-X &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
I have a 97 dx (EJ6) OBD2 d16y7. I am planning on getting a b18b1 non-vtec LS motor... and i need to know a few things b4 i do the swap myself.... </TD></TR></TABLE>

Ok, but you need to state what year the LS motor is. By what you ask below, sounds like a 94-95 OBD-1 swap.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Type-X &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Will the stock mount's fit? or do i have to get a Hasport mount kit? </TD></TR></TABLE>

Don't need to spend big bucks on aftermarket mounts. Just use mounts from a 99-00 Civic Si all around (passenger side mount & bracket, rear tranny bracket - use same Civic mount, driver side engine bracket - use stock gel-filled mount and change the engine cast iron bracket to 99-00 Si).

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Type-X &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">What EXACT wire's do i have to change or pinout's do i have to do in order for this to work? </TD></TR></TABLE>

If you have an OBD-1 swap, run your car as OBD-1 and convert to that. In order to do that, you'll need an ECU jumper harness and to rewire the stock Civic engine bay harness to the LS motor & sensors.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Type-X &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">How exactly do i remove "Pinout's"? I have never touched a ecu/wiring harness in my life yet, so i have yet to learn? </TD></TR></TABLE>

Use a repinning tool or a paperclip and just practice taking it out. For a LS swap, you shouldn't have to repin anything on the ECU side, but you will have to cut/splice/solder the connections & sensors on the engine bay side.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Type-X &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">If my d16y7's ECU was obd2, do i have to get a jumper harness to do a obd2-obd1? if not how do i make the p75 obd1? </TD></TR></TABLE>

Yes, otherwise a lot of cutting/splicing/soldering is needed.... it's been done and not too difficult, but you need to be precise or you'll loose yourself in the mess of wires.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Type-X &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Do i need a throttle cable attachment for b18b1, since my throttle body now on my d-series, is pointing straight up? </TD></TR></TABLE>

You can run the Civic throttle cable if you have a custom throttle cable bracket. Otherwise you'll need the Integra throttle cable.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Type-X &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Do i have to get different radiator hose's?
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yes... B-series. Use 99-00 Civic Si.

Old 07-22-2003, 10:07 PM

Default Re: ok.. did a search and got the run around.. just going to ask.... (Newman)

ok..... thanx.... but.....

it's going to be 94+ B18B1 motor.. full swap from HMO.com everything i need...

on the motor mount's it say's on here.. http://tech.hybridgarage.com/t....html that all i need is the civic SI rear mount.. and that is it.....

how exactly do i re-wire my stock engine harness to fit the LS motor?

sorry my mind just went blank... what is soldering again, i know it's like a heat gun or something.... sorry stupid question i know, but i just forgot.... and what usually needs to be solderd?

and for the throttle cable, could u Newman provide me with a throttle cable bracket? i think it was ur website i saw one for like $15 shipped?
Old 07-23-2003, 02:16 PM

Default Re: ok.. did a search and got the run around.. just going to ask.... (Type-X)

???