Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

oh please someone help! 93 hatch b16

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2006, 11:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default oh please someone help! 93 hatch b16

hello everyone , let me start by saying my car is a 93 hatch with a jdm obd1 b16 swap i just installed, i have a serious problem i can not figure out, i have been working on cars for years but never saw soemthing like this, when i drove my car for the first time from 5mph on it has a very very violent shaking that seems to go away when i push in the clutch, i checked all axels , front end, rotated tires , checked brakes, checked mounts and everything is fine..... i need to get this fixed cause i only have a rental for the week so anyone with knowledge of this please let me know..... thanks
Old 07-16-2006, 02:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: oh please someone help! 93 hatch b16 (thompson324)

have you made sure the axle nuts are tightened down?

are you lug nuts tightened down????

all suspension parts tightened down??

if all this is good to go, could be the transmission, diff could be blown. Do you know who the previous owner is? or was it bought from an engine importer?
Old 07-16-2006, 05:06 PM

Default Re: oh please someone help! 93 hatch b16 (Katman)

yes i forgot to mention , i did get the motor through http://www.hmotorsonline.com and i hope its not the trans having problems cause i hear so much good about that company and i paid really good money for the swap..... i have checked and re-checked all suspension parts, wheels , axels so on and so forth, let me ask one question what type of tranny fluid should i use, i am thinking of changing the fluid and re-bleeding the clutch even though i dont think it will help i am just trying anything possible before i believe that the trans is messed up... worst to worst i can swap the ls trans in my integra to it but i really dont feel like doing all that work... any other suggestions ? thanks for the replies
Old 07-17-2006, 09:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: oh please someone help! 93 hatch b16 (thompson324)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by thompson324 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">yes i forgot to mention , i did get the motor through http://www.hmotorsonline.com and i hope its not the trans having problems cause i hear so much good about that company and i paid really good money for the swap..... i have checked and re-checked all suspension parts, wheels , axels so on and so forth, let me ask one question what type of tranny fluid should i use, i am thinking of changing the fluid and re-bleeding the clutch even though i dont think it will help i am just trying anything possible before i believe that the trans is messed up... worst to worst i can swap the ls trans in my integra to it but i really dont feel like doing all that work... any other suggestions ? thanks for the replies</TD></TR></TABLE>

use Honda MTF. buy it directly at Honda. You'll need about 3 bottles.

hmm...did you change or inspect the clutch at all before installing the motor? This could be the culprit too.....
Old 07-18-2006, 06:55 AM

well i ordered a fidenza flywheel and a exedy clutch , i went pretty much over the entire car making sure everything was in its place and tightned down , went over the whole car from a-z drove it again and when i push the clutch in it has no problems, so im guessing that my clutch is ruined or my flywheel is warped.
Old 07-19-2006, 10:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

are you sure this isnt clutch chatter?? my car shook really bad before the clutch was broken in. a 6 puck with 9lbs flywheel. i have the mount inserts and it shook like i had a broken mount or something. are you running torque mounts also?
Old 07-19-2006, 01:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Andres-eh2)

If you push the clutch in and you are still moving, but its not shaking anymore I would have to say check the clutch.

John
Old 07-19-2006, 06:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts
Default Re: (Andres-eh2)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Andres-eh2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">are you sure this isnt clutch chatter?? my car shook really bad before the clutch was broken in. a 6 puck with 9lbs flywheel. i have the mount inserts and it shook like i had a broken mount or something. are you running torque mounts also?</TD></TR></TABLE>

mine did the same thing with a oem exedy replacement and stock mounts