Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

obd2b H2B swap in 99 civic ex

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2013, 05:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default obd2b H2B swap in 99 civic ex

Hey H-T,
I've read through several build threads and faq's on h2b discussions but still remains a few questions for me. Id like to do a H2B swap in my 99 civic ex 5spd and remain obd2 for New York inspection requirements. (I want be able to continue to daily drive the car). If i came across a 99 prelude cheap and considered buying it and swaping majority of the drivetrain, would the preludes ecu plug into my civic harness and run the h2b swap properly? I would switch to obd1 with a jumper harness for the rest of the year. Thanks for any replies in advance. Hoping to figure this out before just aimlessly buying parts and tearing into the car.
Old 11-14-2013, 02:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: obd2b H2B swap in 99 civic ex

No replies? Does anyone have any links of builds, or other discussion threads where someone did something similar? Hoping to gain some insight as to performing a obd2 h2b swap and passing inspection. Thanks
Old 04-02-2014, 10:09 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

im also curious abot this

i want to keep it obd2b and have the obd2 port functional for inspections and to use an ultragauge
Old 04-02-2014, 11:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by 02arcticz
Hey H-T,
I've read through several build threads and faq's on h2b discussions but still remains a few questions for me. Id like to do a H2B swap in my 99 civic ex 5spd and remain obd2 for New York inspection requirements. (I want be able to continue to daily drive the car). If i came across a 99 prelude cheap and considered buying it and swaping majority of the drivetrain, would the preludes ecu plug into my civic harness and run the h2b swap properly? I would switch to obd1 with a jumper harness for the rest of the year. Thanks for any replies in advance. Hoping to figure this out before just aimlessly buying parts and tearing into the car.
the 97+ prelude has an immobilizer built in the ecu,which mean it won't work on your civic. But I am sure you will have check engine light if you were able to get the 99 prelude ecu to work because the 99 civic doesn't come with egr valve.
Old 04-03-2014, 07:23 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

i belive honda can cut the keys for specific immobilizer and a correct key cylinder can also be ordered

egr system can be added just like civic Vx
Old 04-03-2014, 07:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by raverx3m
i belive honda can cut the keys for specific immobilizer and a correct key cylinder can also be ordered

egr system can be added just like civic Vx
LOL, just stop posting. Honda will not cut a key without proof of ownership of the car. So the guy won't be able to get a key cut for the immobilizer and NO you can't plug the prelude cylinder set key into a civic. Plugs are different. How do you add an egr system like the vx? Keep it simple, the answer to Op post is not worth it, spend all that money and not even guaranteed it would work, i would listen to my advice and not attempt what this idiot is saying.
Old 04-03-2014, 09:34 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

take it out of a prelude and put it in other car duh... its not permanently attached to a car... people swap z1 motors to other cars
u bring the proof and show it to them u buy legit parts with paperwork and you have no problem a key cylinder can also be repined to accept a different key without replacing the cylinder

do you even know how the immobilizer works?

and if Im correct according to one of the techs from Honda dealer they can also reprogram an immobilizer to accept the key for your car only at the Honda dealer
I was doing some research about it not long ago to replace my gsr obd2b ecu with a working one...

or you can call these guys...

http://www.transponderkeys.net/
Old 04-03-2014, 01:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

take it out of a prelude and put it in other car duh... its not permanently attached to a car... people swap z1 motors to other cars
u bring the proof and show it to them u buy legit parts with paperwork and you have no problem a key cylinder can also be repined to accept a different key without replacing the cylinder

do you even know how the immobilizer works?

and if Im correct according to one of the techs from Honda dealer they can also reprogram an immobilizer to accept the key for your car only at the Honda dealer
I was doing some research about it not long ago to replace my gsr obd2b ecu with a working one...

or you can call these guys...

http://www.transponderkeys.net/
what does the k20z1 have anything to do with this? When people swap k20z1 they run k-pro or re flash the type s ecu. *_*
What proof does he have? An ecu isn't gonna get you a new key. Lol ..
Why would anyone sell a title for an ecu or even do a bill of sale to sell an ecu? That is extreme. *_*

What your trying to do is a headache for nothing and you sound like an idiot Raverx3m. Op you can run a h2b but with the right parts. Raverx3m if you really need to run an egr because your determine to get the egr working, all you have to do is buy a Hx engine harness and swap it over to the ex engine harness because the hx has the plug for the egr already. But why would you want to get rid of the ex engine harness??
Old 04-03-2014, 02:35 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

dumbass. you ask the guy to go with you its not that hard... you are replying just to argue without providing any kind of useful info gtfo and stop trying to act like u know everything...

im talking about d15z1 idiot it has EGR valve and its been swapped to many different cars... u need to read before spitting bullshit info and arguing with everyone.

I already called the dealership and talked about it. as long as you can provide a legitimate proof that its not stolen they will do it.

oh and please find me an engine harness from Hx that will work on integra
Old 04-03-2014, 02:38 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

u are really hurting my head how dumb your replies are it feels like you just graduated from HT GDD section and finally started posting on main forums

this is not GDD stop acting like a dumbshit and posting stupid replies this is a discussion forum not a popularity contest like GDD section
Old 04-03-2014, 04:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

dumbass. you ask the guy to go with you its not that hard... you are replying just to argue without providing any kind of useful info gtfo and stop trying to act like u know everything...

im talking about d15z1 idiot it has EGR valve and its been swapped to many different cars... u need to read before spitting bullshit info and arguing with everyone.

I already called the dealership and talked about it. as long as you can provide a legitimate proof that its not stolen they will do it.

oh and please find me an engine harness from Hx that will work on integra
then you need to specify which engine you are referring to idiot. the k20z1 has egr valve and it been swapped to many different cars... u need to learn your **** before posting.

What is legitimate proof? title or bill a sale would be legitimate proof. Why even continue to make a case about proving **** when i done posted what legitimate proof.

Who cares about your integra, we are talking about the Op 99 civic, you selfish kid. lol
Old 04-03-2014, 04:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

u are really hurting my head how dumb your replies are it feels like you just graduated from HT GDD section and finally started posting on main forums

this is not GDD stop acting like a dumbshit and posting stupid replies this is a discussion forum not a popularity contest like GDD section
X2
Old 04-03-2014, 04:48 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

so am i. his civic is obd2a and so are the prelude ecus.
prelude keys are same as any other hondas with immobilizer all you need is to reprogram it

your other reply shows that you have no fn clue what you talking about and just want to argue with people trying to prove your knowledge.
Old 04-03-2014, 04:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

so am i. his civic is obd2a and so are the prelude ecus.
prelude keys are same as any other hondas with immobilizer all you need is to reprogram it

your other reply shows that you have no fn clue what you talking about and just want to argue with people trying to prove your knowledge.
HAHAHAHAH **** your entertain the **** out of me. 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 B B B B B B B. One day you gonna look at this thread and tell yourself how big of a dumbass you are. hahaha.
Old 04-03-2014, 05:02 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

ok misred the year cool u should feel proud now. u won the argument.

and i found my answers elsewhere and you still a retard.
Old 04-03-2014, 05:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Icon7 Re: obd2b H2B swap in 99 civic ex

ok misred the year cool u should feel proud now. u won the argument.

and i found my answers elsewhere and you still a retard.

OWNE'D
Old 04-03-2014, 05:16 PM
nub
Honda-Tech Member

No idea why you two ladies are scratching at each others eyes but...The imobilizer can be bypassed. Simple, done.

The EGR if the engine is equiped with one has nothing to do with nothing. If the engine has one and the ecu expects to control one and the engine harness doesn't have provisions for it, wire it in. Simple, done.
Old 04-03-2014, 05:26 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

because he thinks he knows more about everything than anyone else on this board... and trying to prove himsef by using same tactics as GDD

u seem to know more than he does do you have anything for what i asked about?
Old 04-03-2014, 05:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by nub
No idea why you two ladies are scratching at each others eyes but...The imobilizer can be bypassed. Simple, done.

The EGR if the engine is equiped with one has nothing to do with nothing. If the engine has one and the ecu expects to control one and the engine harness doesn't have provisions for it, wire it in. Simple, done.
We are bitches that why. Lol

Again, it up to the Op not me.
Old 04-03-2014, 05:33 PM
nub
Honda-Tech Member

u seem to know more than he does do you have anything for what i asked about?

If you're refering to the immobilizer look here, option #2. http://ff-squad.com/ecu2/?page_id=76

There are others.

If your're asking about the EGR you have to be more specific.

Can we all play nice now?
Old 04-03-2014, 05:57 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

thats the one i was looking at for my integra ecu. i missed the part about prelude ecus.
this makes it much easier no key cylinder swap then

great
Old 04-04-2014, 10:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by n*werk
LOL, just stop posting. Honda will not cut a key without proof of ownership of the car. So the guy won't be able to get a key cut for the immobilizer and NO you can't plug the prelude cylinder set key into a civic. Plugs are different. How do you add an egr system like the vx? Keep it simple, the answer to Op post is not worth it, spend all that money and not even guaranteed it would work, i would listen to my advice and not attempt what this idiot is saying.
The EGR system is built into the head and intake manifold with an external control valve. It requires vacuum and the proper plugs to be added to the wiring harness. Not that much to adding the EGR. The immobilizer is the part that I am unsure about. I only ever had a 95 Prelude, never had to deal with that thankfully.
Old 04-11-2014, 09:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I appreciate all the feedback/discussion, so is the consensus to not bother with attempting a obd2 emission compliant swap? In Ny they just check readiness codes through a scanner, its a shame that the 96+ cars options are so limited in that matter. I guess it comes down to going K series or getting a obd1 chassis. Guess i'm left to assume the answer to most people around here with a 96+ honda, is to just pay some extra money to pass inspection.