Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

obd0 B16A in EH troubleshooting.

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2005, 12:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default obd0 B16A in EJ troubleshooting.

I have a 95 EX coupe shell that I recently purchased and I had a JDM B16A first gen spare that I had. I have all kinds of different parts on it so look at my list.

first gen block
99-00 si head/intake manifold/tb
obd1 injectors/distributer/alt

My known issues are timing and tps.

My tps was busted so I took the old one off and put a spare one back on. I am setting it with my fluke and I should take care of it tonight.

My timing is off because I replaced it with a obd1 distributer.

I put everything together and I tried firing it up last night but it would hardly stay on long enough for me to time it.

Also there is no thermo switch on it that I am used ot seeing on the thermostat housing. Is it in another location?
Old 11-06-2005, 05:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: obd0 B16A in EJ troubleshooting. (yes me.)

The thermo sensor you are looking for on the OBD0 block is located near the oil dummy sensor. It is located on the back of the block, it is a 2 wire sensor, you can just extend the factory wiring to that location, polaraty doesn't matter.
The other option would be just to use a thermostat housing from an OBD1 B Series so you can just plug it in.

Depending on how out of wack your timing and tps issues are -this could be a reason for the car not to stay running. Set the dizzy close to center as it could, then secondly, get the TPS set correctly with your fluke. From there, if it still have problems with it not runny, you have other issues.

What ECU will you be using for the swap? If you don't have an OBD1 B16A ECU, we can chip the stock P28 to run with a B Series program and do some additional things for more performance. However, as far as getting it to starts and idle, that is most imporant I would say before worry about the next steps.