Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Hybrid born in HT

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2002, 09:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Hybrid born in HT

I finally finish my b18c1 swap into the92 hatch dx and all i gotta say is wow, i mean my hatch is bone stock except suspension, and the engine and engine stuff, and the body isnt in the best of shape but hey, its a big project car.

I do have a couple of concers though, i am running a skunk2 intake manifold and a skunk 2 race ecu, my car doesn't idle at all when the car is cold, is this because its a race ecu and doesnt put the car in "warmup mode" like normal ecu's i mean its also 37degrees here now, but damn it doesnt idle.

also like i guess like around 1500-2000rpms(i dont have a tach) the car has like a throttle problem it will go up and down real fast like if i am driving or just in nuetrl and i just lay my foot lighty on the gas it does it. i am throwing a code but i also dont know if its the code or the ecu agian. can anyone help.

also the gsr tranny in the hatch feels like i am driving in lowrange 4x4 in a explore or somthing thats how low and quick 1st and 2nd are is this normal? its a 2001gsr swap so its the s80 tranny.

and finally i would like to thank all the honda-tech hybrid people for helping by anwsering all my questions and for providing me with good informantion. sorry for the sob story here but i am drunk and i still have a smile on my face front hitting 2nd gear vtec 8500rpms for the first time

pics will comes shortly just gotta clean the cars up.
Old 11-03-2002, 07:29 AM
New User

Default Re: New Hybrid born in HT (Civ-JDM)

If you had a stock ECU I would say that its the IACV valve or a vacuum leak but with the skunk program who knows. I have seen cars with a funky oscillating idle at the track but I don't know what ECU they were using. For a street car I would very much recommend selling the skunk ECU and just using a stock one with an SMC
(http://forums.clubsi.com/showflat.php Cat=&Board=UBB12&Number=1383768&page=0&view=collap sed&sb=5&o=0&fpart= ) to modify the fuel or better yet, a Hondata ECU. Those have been proven to make power regardless of the setup, cams, headwork, FI, whatever.

As for the code, have you found out what it is? You do have a Helms manual right (thats a rhetorical statement, if you don't have one, get one). Most of the 'full race' ECU's disable all of the 'non vital' codes so you should really find out what it's telling you.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help but there really isn't enough information to diagnose the problem.

Mike
Old 11-03-2002, 04:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: New Hybrid born in HT (92sleepR)

i am throwing code 14, Iac valve, i tryed everything i know but ovisouly i missed somthing can somone help me correct this problem.